• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well there's a big thunderstorm heading our way... I always hate them.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
the twitter account that posts a line from the shrek 2 script every hour is currently entering the "i need a hero" scene and it's amazing to see everyone in the comments collectively popping off at every little post that's been leading up to it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just started Crown Tundra and I already found this beauty!

I think I'm just going to try to grind for a shiny Giratina until I get bored of it, then I'll worry about the silly story or whatever.
What an amazing shiny, one of my favorites, congrats. Speaking of which;
0B8DF2F9-3C54-4936-9E83-337C07F5DAB6.jpeg

This was two run through a after Glaie. These odds must be insane.

Im also going for giratina right now lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did one of those Crown Tundra Dynamax thingies with the AI and won.

And all I got was a Suicune to show for it.

D

Deleted member

Welp, just got home and it's already thundering like crazy. This is not gonna be a fun afternoon...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go to bed, let it know that, if I beat DMD, I will take Vergil plastic white chair & make it my avi for atleast 3 weeks.

Why 3 weeks? Because that's the number I probably need to recover from the experience. Well that, and you know, DMC3.

On that said, good night folks, have all good dream about pizza.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

VAMPIRE BEAST

Episode Title: "Vampire Beast"
Subject matter: Beast of Bladenboro
Summary: After the disappearances and killings of pets. Fish and Wildlife go in search of the animal responsible, all while hunting parties go looking for it too claiming that it's a creature that has terrorized the town before. Their search is soon put to a halt when they enter the territory of a deadly predator supposedly the source of it all which the hunters may have been right about.

D

Deleted member

Caught Calyrex, the Galarian... "Kanto" birds and opened the Regi chambers. Don't really feel like going after them right now though. Still dumb that the birds are shiny locked, but the new Regis aren't.

Also I never though I'd say that, but I've never felt happier seeing a swarm of Zubat.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started playing Megaman Star force again for the first time in years.

You know what I always found weird about Star force?
How Navi's were relegated to like slave labor while in battle network they are supposed to grow alongside humanity as equals. I feel there's a missing part of this story that Capcom never wrote down.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Also, off topic, but Izaw is saying Steve might Bottom 7 or the worst character in the game.

TheMightyP TheMightyP think you can share your opinion on this? Aswell as other Steve main you know? 'cuz that's certainly the hottest take I seen so far.
Yes, other Steve main here. Yeah, he's certainly not the worst character. While the fact that he has to mine and craft for materials can leave him open to attack, stuff like his good edgeguard game and strong attacks more than make up for it in my opinion.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This.

Nothing too serious, but trust me, DMC3 hardest difficulty is life sucking.

Also, off topic, but Izaw is saying Steve might Bottom 7 or the worst character in the game.

TheMightyP TheMightyP think you can share your opinion on this? Aswell as other Steve main you know? 'cuz that's certainly the hottest take I seen so far.
potential Zombie main here, that's a terrible take. Aside from Joker and maybe Terry, Steve's probably the best DLC character, and is definitely on the top half of the tier list.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
We haven't had tournaments in a while, and Steve's only been out for nearly 2 weeks.

One should wait many months before seeing where the character's meta is going, and then come up with a ballpark estimate of tier list position. It would help if real life tournament results were in place as well, but since the online Ultimate meta is so different from the true, IRL Ultimate meta... Steve's placement will more or less be up in the air for a while, even after his meta begins solidifying.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This isolation is starting to do bad things for my mental health.

I have mild asthma so I pretty much can't go anywhere or else my health might be at higher risk of danger if I catch COVID. Since it's mild and I'm still fairly young, I could also just end up being fine, but there's no way to know, so I haven't taken any chances.

I'm not the most social person, but I could still talk to people without issue. This ****ing pandemic has really helped me feel miserable at this point. I miss just going out, even to mundane places like the grocery store. At least that way I was able to interact with people outside of my immediate family.

I was fine staying at home for the first several months, but now it's starting to take it's toll.

I've got other problems in life and worries about the world, but I feel like just no longer being trapped in my own home would be a huge improvement to my psyche. Life has changed so much for the worse since COVID hit the country hard, and I'm sick of it.

I'm sorry, I don't usually vent like this. But I needed to get this out of my system. I don't think I've gotten to talk with people much lately, and it's starting to hurt. This pandemic has been exhausting and I hope to God that something like it again doesn't happen again for the foreseeable future.

Writing this gave me some relief. I hope the rest of you here aren't feeling as isolated as I am.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If I'm being honest. I wouldn't say Steve's trash, but I also don't think he's that great either.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
This is the community who banned hazards on stages because navigating a menu was too hard.

You really except them to expect players to keep track of stage variants when they could just ban it and not worry about it like they do with any other stage that's slightly unusual?

L + Down + A is probably going to be way too difficult for your regular tournament goer to bother to remember.
The stage seems big, and according to Mew2King, it is. If it gets banned, it could be less a problem with remembering the inputs, and more a problem with having too many large stages.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm debating whether to watch Mulan or The Road to El Dorado on Sunday.

Guess, I'll have to settle this once more with a coin toss.

If heads then Mulan, if tails then The Road to El Dorado.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ayyyye someone got it!

Speaking of Sonic X, the sub and dub differences are wild. Most notable is how they completely messed up the emotional impact the episode with Shadow and the one pilot girl had during the Metarex saga. They also censored the word "food" from multiple restaurant signs. It's a weird dub. :drshrug:

It also has some of the greatest freeze frames of any Sonic media, such as this one:

I am trying to remember I saw that creepy ghost episode with Amy back when I was a kid...probably did but long term memory might be failing at the moment. I feel if I was a kid and I watched it again, I wouldn't be able to sleep afterwards. xD

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think James Bond would work in Mortal Kombat?

Are there any Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood characters that you think would fit the series?

Do you think DoomSlayer would have to now be an Xbox exclusive character if he joined MK now?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Are there any Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood characters that you think would fit the series?

Do you think DoomSlayer would have to now be an Xbox exclusive character if he joined MK now?
I think they could make Bond work as a fighter but I don't know how interesting he'd be.

Chuck Norris would be too overpowered that he'd just be banned from tournaments but he'd still somehow win every single major the game would have.

Probably.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Maybe, though I’m personally imagining someone like Rorschach, Neo or John Wick could fit in pretty well.

I think they could make Bond work as a fighter but I don't know how interesting he'd be.
Have you seen Bond’s arsenal and gadgets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom