• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morning guys! I'm feeling great!

How y'all doing this fine morning (Or night depending where you live like Australia).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I like the idea of biological excavators.^-^

Imagine an evolution of animals resembling biological versions of heavy machinery, a Bucket Wheel excavator would be so huge.
I see someone is getting into speculative evolution as well.

Interesting concept there I also must say. :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You ever just dodged the most powerful attack of the boss by just jumping at the right time?

'cuz that's what I did with Vergil 3, and it's a marvel to dodge his Desperation Attack where he teleport & Helm Breaker again & again by just....jumping before he land, due to Invincibilty Frame on the jump start-up. (JUMP GOOD)

That and he was a push-over thanks to the fact you can Jump Cancel into Dive Kick into Jump Cancel into Dive Kick into You Get It By Now, causing him to not reset properly & allowing you a ton of good hit on him.

I ended up winning on my first try on Hard Mode. Which with how easy Arkham went this time, make me very happy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once I get to watching Sleepy Hollow on Halloween, gonna be ranking my top 11 movies of 1999.

Deep Blue Sea
Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris
Godzilla 2000
Lake Placid
Sleepy Hollow
Tarzan
The Iron Giant
The Matrix
The Mummy
The Sixth Sense
Toy Story 2

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@D•Robo Daihero I saw the Myutants thing, just didn't have a chance to reply earlier. Interesting.

Maybe we'll get Emergency Teleport to 2 next list. That's all I need to revive my EARTH/Warrior deck, since it really really needs those kind of Tuners to remotely work. Whether it's a Naturia Synchro or Goyo Guardian.

D

Deleted member

What exactly are you learning about?

I found CS exciting myself when I was in high school.
That's the thing... we really aren't. Usually what the teacher does is just tell us to go to a site, and uh... that's all he does. That's not to say we aren't learning anything(PLTW is pretty good at teaching me)... but I can't for the life of me remember anything from years prior because nothing really stands out. Doesn't help that this class has been a cluster**** of subs and teachers getting fired so nothing really stayed the same way and this class honestly felt like a glorified study hall at times.

I may as well just go home and try and make a game, because at least by doing that I'd actually learn something. But yknow, I can't for obv reasons.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fun fact: Sega has been wanting a crossover with Mario for a while now. Nintendo, meanwhile….
And by the way, I mean they want a crossover BESIDES Olympics.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Crown Tundra is actually surprisingly good. There's more story and lore in two hours in CT than there was in all of base SwSh.

I don't know how to feel about that.
Who would get more lore?
The legendary duo used in all the marketing and present on the boxart, or Lord Farquaad as a goat?

D

Deleted member

I've had this character idea for awhile, but figured now's a good time to doodle a concept
sketch1603463814958 (1).png

The idea is it's a bird.... with 2 sides.. water and fire. my terrible drawing probably doesn't do the idea justice tbh

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Fun fact: Sega has been wanting a crossover with Mario for a while now. Nintendo, meanwhile….
From what I can recall from past interviews on the subject, the problem was finding a balanced style of gameplay between the two series. Speed and precision platforming don't really go well together.

Maybe it could work as an RPG or some other style of gameplay, but that's not what people want to see, and the last time that Sonic got an RPG, it didn't go too well from what I recall of it. (though by my understanding, the game was rushed out, which explains how they somehow wound up with bad music in a Sonic game)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Crown Tundra is actually surprisingly good. There's more story and lore in two hours in CT than there was in all of base SwSh.

I don't know how to feel about that.
Hey, that is a good thing that SwSh improved, right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Platforming/beat em up hybrid action game please! Or you know, you could do it Sonic generations style.

On a separate note, could we get like... King of Fighters but with Kart racers and it’s a crossover between Mario Kart, Sonic Racing, and Crash Team Racing?

Also, invite Crash to the Olympics next time you cowards!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I have been listening to Fuwa Fuwa Time for the past 20 minutes why do I enjoy this song so much?
Platforming/beat em up hybrid action game please! Or you know, you could do it Sonic generations style.

On a separate note, could we get like... King of Fighters but with Kart racers and it’s a crossover between Mario Kart, Sonic Racing, and Crash Team Racing?

Also, invite Crash to the Olympics next time you cowards!
Yes please get Crash into the Olympics with Mario and Sonic. And yes to the Kart racer idea as well. Maybe call it... King of Kart?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine finding the next Pokémon game and not leaking it:

D

Deleted member

I know we're not on the topic anymore but I kinda want to pick up competitive smash. I know the basics of doing it(I have tilts set on my controller, jump and shield being the trigger buttons, etc) but the more technical stuff(like reading, teching, etc) elude me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hey old people...me aside...do y'all enjoy voting, or is it boring to do for everyone in general?
I mean, it's not recreation or entertainment, I'm not doing it in hopes I get some joy out of it. But it only takes like 3 or 4 hours between research, filling out my ballot, and mailing it. It's just a thing I have to do and do properly, like filing my taxes or getting an oil change on my car. It's good to stay up to date on what your local government representatives have been up to and if you feel they're representing your interests effectively, which is a lot harder to have perspective on than things that hit the news cycle like presidents/governors/congress.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine finding the next Pokémon game and not leaking it:
Chaotic Good.

Btw, for those who didn't hear, Nintendo is cutting the price of JoyCons by $10.

Edit: Single joycon that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Morning guys! I'm feeling great!

How y'all doing this fine morning (Or night depending where you live like Australia).
The 17-day lockdown has pretty much begun not long ago in my country and I can only shop for essential items only in supermarkets.

Anyways, here is some Capcom X Osamu Tezuka artwork within the link below:

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The 17-day lockdown has pretty much begun not long ago in my country and I can only shop for essential items only in supermarkets.

Anyways, here is some Capcom X Osamu Tezuka artwork within the link below:

I assume this is mainly artwork, cards, etc rather than a game, right?

Although seriously, why doesn't Capcom do more crossover games than just Marvel?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Invasion of the Body Snatchers was next in my horror film watching journey this month.

There are so many actors in this film that are still honored today: Donald Sutherland, Leonard Nimoy, and Jeff Goldblum. While there were a couple things I wasn't really a fan of, the film is VERY well-made and has a great story and even better camera-shots and acting, despite the modest budget. This was a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom