• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh yeah, forgot about spook pfps.

Guess I'll rock one more spook for next week before going back to wholesome Woomies. Gives me time to draw something. :p

Also, props to anyone who remembers what the spooky Amy is from. :nifty:
It's from Sonic X.

The English dub makes spooky/brainwashed/possessed Amy far less threatening than what she should be.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean, it's not recreation or entertainment, I'm not doing it in hopes I get some joy out of it. But it only takes like 3 or 4 hours between research, filling out my ballot, and mailing it. It's just a thing I have to do and do properly, like filing my taxes or getting an oil change on my car. It's good to stay up to date on what your local government representatives have been up to and if you feel they're representing your interests effectively, which is a lot harder to have perspective on than things that hit the news cycle like presidents/governors/congress.
All I know to do with these things atm is to just click on the Democratic/Blue team...which is only because my family said to. Maybe its because I'm still young and whatever, but I don't think these things really bring an interest or a legit care to me unless mocked by SNL for some real reason...and I ain't ready for them taxes

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what's everyone's Halloween movie this year?

Me? Gonna be watching Sleepy Hollow (1999).
Won't be watching a spoopy movie this time.

Instead I'll be watching both the pilot and episode 1 of Helluva Boss (hopefully the later keeps it "by the end of October" release date).

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's from Sonic X.

The English dub makes spooky/brainwashed/possessed Amy far less threatening than what she should be.
Ayyyye someone got it!

Speaking of Sonic X, the sub and dub differences are wild. Most notable is how they completely messed up the emotional impact the episode with Shadow and the one pilot girl had during the Metarex saga. They also censored the word "food" from multiple restaurant signs. It's a weird dub. :drshrug:

It also has some of the greatest freeze frames of any Sonic media, such as this one:

EM-DQ2FWwAY1o6w.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if your looking to shiny hunt legendary Pokémon, Crown Tundra seems to be the way to go. The legends have a pretty high rate from the looks of it and you can can beat it, leave without peeing and come back and see if it’s shiny. Which makes it really easy.

Pretty solid quality of life gesture imo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So if your looking to shiny hunt legendary Pokémon, Crown Tundra seems to be the way to go. The legends have a pretty high rate from the looks of it and you can can beat it, leave without peeing and come back and see if it’s shiny. Which makes it really easy.

Pretty solid quality of life gesture imo.
Hm, that's interesting.

I'm really curious as to what the exact rates are so I can know if I should give this method a try. Shiny legendaries are a really tempting prospect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm, that's interesting.

I'm really curious as to what the exact rates are so I can know if I should give this method a try. Shiny legendaries are a really tempting prospect.
A lot of people are getting them in 40 encounters or less so it looks promisin. Stuff like Solgaleo is now available shiny too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what's everyone's Halloween movie this year?

Me? Gonna be watching Sleepy Hollow (1999).
I might watch Halloween 3 (I know it's the weird one of the bunch, but the anthology idea interests me) or Friday the 13th Part 6. (out of the Friday the 13th movies, I've only seen part 4)

Alternatively, I have a four-pack of Universal Monster movies, and out of the ones on there, the only one that I haven't seen is Creature of the Black Lagoon, so I might do a double feature of Creature of the Black Lagoon and Guillermo Del Toro's elaborate fanfiction of that movie, The Shape of Water.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me before playing Dante Must Die.
45354E00-CC46-495D-92C6-EF2DC7FABFFF.png
Me after playing Dante Must Die (5 missions in a row)
smiley lost all hope.png

So this is how it feel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my god...I just did an unreasonably crazy Fluddless level in the form of that ghost house mission...****

and I know there's gonna be worse

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What's troubling you, if you don't mind me asking?
Me before playing Dante Must Die.
View attachment 290097
Me after playing Dante Must Die (5 missions in a row)
View attachment 290099
So this is how it feel.
This.

Nothing too serious, but trust me, DMC3 hardest difficulty is life sucking.

Also, off topic, but Izaw is saying Steve might Bottom 7 or the worst character in the game.

TheMightyP TheMightyP think you can share your opinion on this? Aswell as other Steve main you know? 'cuz that's certainly the hottest take I seen so far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This.

Also, off topic, but Izaw is saying Steve might Bottom 7 or the worst character in the game.

TheMightyP TheMightyP think you can share your opinion on this? Aswell as other Steve main you know? 'cuz that's certainly the hottest take I seen so far.
DMC3 is **** biting, I'm impressed you chose to go for higher difficulties, especially if you have Hell and Hell.

Izaw's just being a dumbass lmao, it's far too early to conclude anything, especially for a character with such bizarre tools brimming with potential

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This.

Maybe take a break from playing it. It'll help clear your mind.

Also, it's too early to determine tier. Steve's only been out for about a week and a half.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
DMC3 is **** biting, I'm impressed you chose to go for higher difficulties, especially if you have Hell and Hell.

Izaw's just being a dumbass lmao, it's far too early to conclude anything, especially for a character with such bizarre tools brimming with potential
Hell & Hell is only avaible if you beat Heaven or Hell, which is only unlocked if you beat DMD I think. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

But yeah, DMD's soul crushing hard, but I think I can do it with enough patience & lots of break. Playing so much as Vergil tho as gave me some bad habit here and there (notably the dive kick with Beowulf, Vergil is slighty faster & more powerful than Dante, & much more easy to Jump Cancel, which trick me off at time. Also having to use only 1 style is weirding me out now that I have 6 styles again with Dante X_x), so hope I be able to do better next session. (The fact I could finish 4 missions in a row is kinda of a good sign, right? right?....)

I will say it's really weird to call him the worst of the worst when Mac, Kirby & Ganondorf & others exist. Plus I feel it's too early to say how really good or bad he is, but he did release a video where he shown alot of the stuff Steve can do isn't that much of a threat when you know what you're doing. (link here)
Maybe take a break from playing it. It'll help clear your mind.

Also, it's too early to determine tier. Steve's only been out for about a week and a half.
I'm good for today, 4 DMD missions is enough for my brain & body lol. Especially since I had to fight SOOOOO many bosses & ****ing red reaper. MOTHER OF SPARDA I HATE THOSE MOTHER-

ahem, ahem, sorry, bad memories. >_>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got this on my fourth run through of Dynamax Adventure:
A43643A2-A5DA-4FB7-A450-3B8B5484C70C.jpeg

The odds seem to be pretty good. Also keep in mind to always check summaries of the Pokémon at the end. I was using this Glaie and it was not shiny. When you beat the last raid the result screen Pokémon may be shiny even if not shiny originally.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom