• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think they could make Bond work as a fighter but I don't know how interesting he'd be.

Chuck Norris would be too overpowered that he'd just be banned from tournaments but he'd still somehow win every single major the game would have.

Probably.
I mean.. I would have said the same thing about Rambo, but it looks like they're making him pretty cool.

I know. That's why I asked if there were any CHARACTERS he played that would work. Obviously the man himself would be too powerful for the game. But one of his characters would only be like.. a portion of his power.

That sucks. Especially because that means he probably won't get in now considering they don't do that anymore. Man. DoomSlayer in MK would have rocked.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, though I’m personally imagining someone like Rorschach, Neo or John Wick could fit in pretty well.

Have you seen Bond’s arsenal and gadgets?
Honestly, Bond is just a bigger name then all of them. I think they'd shoot for him if they could.

You think it would be weird to have him get dismembered and have his throat torn out by Sylvester Stallone?

You think they would try to license multiple old Bond actors for his skins (complete with voice changes, impressionists where needed), or do you think it would just be Daniel Craig?

KillerCage

Smash Master
Do you think James Bond would work in Mortal Kombat?

Are there any Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood characters that you think would fit the series?

Do you think DoomSlayer would have to now be an Xbox exclusive character if he joined MK now?
There is only one man that can counter Chuck Norris.

EDIT: OH $#!+! 100 PAGES!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy 100 pages!

And now to celebrate, what is your favorite thing about this socail thread?

D

Deleted member

Tails beating up Sonic or Shadow in a Sonic fighting game would be fun to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Played some of the Kirby Fighters demo. It's an alright little platform fighter but I don't think I'll be playing it again tbh. Since Bandanna Waddle Dee was one of the available options I had an opportunity to have a little preview of how he could work in Smash if he were ever added. He's got some interesting attacks that could translate very well to a moveset but feels like a super basic fighter with no real draw for DLC, I know he's one of the more popular 1st party options but in terms of his actual potenital as a fighter he definitely feels like a better fit as a base game addition, imo.

Started playing some of the Pikmin 3 Demo afterwards. Though I have played a decent amount of the Multiplayer, especially the Bingo, with my buddy on the Wii U back in the day so I'm not a stranger to this game. I haven't played the story at all however so I'm giving that a go here. Just finished Day 2, and it's quite enjoyable, although I feel like it'll be a lot better after the tutorial section's done since the interruptions are a little annoying. But this is only a demo so I'm not sure how much more of the game I'll be able to play before it asks for my money. Never got into Pikmin and wasn't that interested in picking it up before, which probably won't change. It's fun but I don't think I'll be spending money to play it. Age of Calamity is more than likely going to be my next purchase for the Switch.

Also happy 100 pages, whoo...yay...:banjohere:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here we see the Catadile AKA Ambulocetus lion from Billiam's world where Thanos snapped all the crocodiles in Africa.
7ah0mzxeecc51.png

He wears a lab coat in that episode, so you know he be spitting straight facts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Dynamax adventure shiny odds are wild:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Coming by to say that the theme that plays in the last stand against Eternamax Eternatus is one of the best final boss themes to ever grace the history of video games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you think James Bond would work in Mortal Kombat?

Are there any Chuck Norris or Clint Eastwood characters that you think would fit the series?

Do you think DoomSlayer would have to now be an Xbox exclusive character if he joined MK now?
I haven't seen many Chuck Norris movies (the main one being Lone Wolf McQuade, where he fights David Carradine a.k.a. Bill from Kill Bill), though in terms of other movie stars of that era, Jean Claude Van Damme might work. I think Mortal Kombat originally started as a fighting game for a Jean Claude Van Damme movie, so it would bring things full circle in a way.

His character from Universal Soldier would make the most sense, probably (I think it's his best known role?), though I'd like to see his character from TimeCop. He'd have an appropriately gory fatality thanks to the movie's rules of time travel - he could pull in a time-displaced version of his opponent and slam them together. Since two versions of the same person can't occupy the same space at the same time, both of them explode into a bloody mess for some reason.

For Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry's his best known character, but I'd have to rewatch those movies to get an idea of how well he'd work in a game like Mortal Kombat.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Pleasent to see we've reached to a hundred pages already, not too shabby.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Been watching some playthroughs of Luigi’s Mansion 3 lately to get into the spirit.

The hotel setting has some creative areas, but imagine if the next Luigi’s Mansion game took place inside a haunted shopping mall, like Mall of America sized. Think of the possibilities with that setting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been watching some playthroughs of Luigi’s Mansion 3 lately to get into the spirit.

The hotel setting has some creative areas, but imagine if the next Luigi’s Mansion game took place inside a haunted shopping mall, like Mall of America sized. Think of the possibilities with that setting.
The one thing i’m not really a fan of is some if the areas that are just... why does a hotel have this? Like... the plant floor is just a normal set of rooms that’s been overtaken by plants. The pirate floor is just a nautically themed restaurant. Heck, you could even make the case that the castle is supposed to be, like, a Medieval Times style dinner theater. But a Museam? An Egyptian Tomb? Like... why are they there. Still a fantastic game but... idk.

Also, I spent like 20 minutes vacuuming up all the sand in Scerpci’s tomb area before going in. ALL of it. And was disappointed to discover that you got nothing for doing that.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The one thing i’m not really a fan of is some if the areas that are just... why does a hotel have this? Like... the plant floor is just a normal set of rooms that’s been overtaken by plants. The pirate floor is just a nautically themed restaurant. Heck, you could even make the case that the castle is supposed to be, like, a Medieval Times style dinner theater. But a Museam? An Egyptian Tomb? Like... why are they there. Still a fantastic game but... idk.
Ghosts are too good for logic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't tell me you've never wanted to sleep in a sarcophagus for a luxurious vacation. :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo is too good for logic.
Fixed that for you.
Don't tell me you've never wanted to sleep in a sarcophagus for a luxurious vacation. :4pacman:
You take this as a joke but I actually think a set of Egyptian themed suits would be way cooler then a straight tomb. The best levels in the game, imo, are the ones where you can see how the ghost has warped and twisted the hotel’s original structures to their liking.

I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’m a huge ghostbusters fan and know all the rules for catching ghosts and how they work by heart.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fixed that for you.
It's called The Rule of Funny and Nintendo isn't the only one who uses it.

I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’m a huge ghostbusters fan and know all the rules for catching ghosts and how they work by heart.
I mean, ghosts don't have a single, canonical lore. Everyone is free to take their own spin on the concept. Ghostbusters itself takes quite a few artistic liberties with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom