• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

...Y'know, do you ever look back at certain things in retrospect and feel embarassed by your past actions? That's basically me with the aftermath of this.

I was not very subtle in chanting "#TeamFake4Life"...
I don't really remember much of that time(although I do know I was pretty active here) but looking back on it it was pretty obvious it was fake. Who the hell has access to both unreleased movie material AND stuff from Mr. Sakurai listing out all the newcomers? I mean sure it can happen for real but it was such a weird combination I was(iirc anyway) pretty skeptical of it from the beginning. Don't really feel like going through the old old social thread to check though.

D

Deleted member

It’s been two years since the infamous Grinch leak, it raised many hopes, started many wars, and broke many hearts.

In the end the Grinch got ****ed by Incineroar and Piranha Plant, Ken betrayed the Grinch to join the winning team, and somehow Banjo & Kazooie managed to escape unscathed.
I wonder if any more Grinch’d characters will show up again?...
Man, I would love It if Mach Rider still made It in somehow.

Deeply unlikely, but if It happens you can bet I would be hyped.

Chorus Kids would be cool too.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah the Grinch leak.

I remember I was pro for it originally despite not liking Issac's stature in it. Thought he looked too small.

I was really full on lurking back then in the Newcomer Thread and GameFAQs. Brings back memories.

Now I kinda find it amazing how I have went that long without being on a forum like this.

D

Deleted member

Ah the Grinch leak.

I remember I was pro for it originally despite not liking Issac's stature in it. Thought he looked too small.

I was really full on lurking back then in the Newcomer Thread and GameFAQs. Brings back memories.

Now I kinda find it amazing how I have went that long without being on a forum like this.
Back then I was neutral towards It.

If It happened to be real, I would have gotten Mach Rider in which would have been awesome.

But on the other side, Incineroar was wanted by an IRL friend who was going through some tough stuff back then, so I was also kinda hoping that we would get Incineroar to give my friend a push.

So when Incineroar got revealed, I was happy about It since It did make my friend happy.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was hoping the Grinch was real. Not because I wanted any of the characters in it, but because it would mean that Incineroar didn't get in. It would mean that Decidueye wasn't lesser. It would mean that I didn't make the wrong choice when I played Sun for the first time.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Back then I was neutral towards It.

If It happened to be real, I would have gotten Mach Rider in which would have been awesome.

But on the other side, Incineroar was wanted by an IRL friend who was going through some tough stuff back then, so I was also kinda hoping that we would get Incineroar to give my friend a push.

So when Incineroar got revealed, I was happy about It since It did make my friend happy.
**** man, making me go through some nice deep reminiscing of late 2018. Wasn't the toughest time (outside of a bullying incident) but man was waiting on Smash Bros a calm but crazy time for me, literally counting down the days and seeing who would get revealed.

Red Dead Redemption 2 and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime dominated my weeks leading up to it, learning to program and use web design, ploughing through coursework and all that. It was fun despite kinda being a loner.

Felt like that was kinda the last time I was really able to focus on stuff I wasn't interested in and the boring work in my life. Now I struggle to focus in general.

Oh and my addiction to staying up all night and going to college after which I did on purpose. For a while found it easiest to sleep in the late afternoon than night-time.

Good memories, mostly.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I hate how I hate myself more when I play Smash. I want to enjoy the game, but it's one of those things that causes my self-criticism to rise to the surface and I hate it. I hate myself and I'm not comfy in my own skin.

What if I told you...
That this universe was all just an advanced redstone simulation?
And what if I told you that the earth is actually a donut?

D

Deleted member

shoutout to the Victini that can appearently be gotten in the Crown Tundra that nobody has figured out how to find
I wouldn't be surprised if it's hidden in a similar way the Reigis of Gen 4 were(where you had to learn Braille to even get close to them)

Although it also wouldn't be surprising if it's just a big rumor.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I hate how I hate myself more when I play Smash. I want to enjoy the game, but it's one of those things that causes my self-criticism to rise to the surface and I hate it. I hate myself and I'm not comfy in my own skin.
Losing at competitive gaming isn't a good reason to hate yourself, bud.

Take it from someone who's really been through the wringer with self-loathing. Letting it stew will only hurt you more, and you can't allow that to happen.

I was hoping the Grinch was real. Not because I wanted any of the characters in it, but because it would mean that Incineroar didn't get in. It would mean that Decidueye wasn't lesser. It would mean that I didn't make the wrong choice when I played Sun for the first time.
I get where you're coming from, but just because your preference for a starter in Sun/Moon didn't make the cut, it doesn't mean picking Rowlet was the "wrong" choice.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally captured Regirock but I blew a **** ton of Ultra Balls and Great Balls to capture it.

My body is not ready for 3 more Regis. :urg:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like the way you think. I'd have loved to see Mach Rider, especially with Sukapon just being an assist. I'm always open for more retro guys.
For his neutral special, he zooms on his bike round the stage!

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Since the Grinch Hoax has become relevant again due to today being the 2nd anniversary for when it debuted, I'd reccommend checking out this video that overviews the entirety of the events that unfolded on this very day. Plus, it also has PushDustin in it!

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I was gonna make a collage of the "LOL TEAM FAKE R IDIOTS" posts from the social thread of the way back when (in honor of the Grinch), but holy **** there's too many of them. So many of these people were ****ing asshats to the max.

A link for your displeasure
"Man y'all are weak. Bro, harambe didn't die for this ****" This is amazing

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As someone who's just about done to completing the main campaign of Shield for the first time, I just wanted to say...

...I actually didn't think the story was that bad at all. I think they could've given the human "villains" much more depth, but I see where they were trying to go with them, at least.

Other than that, the story was fine. Maybe not as good as that of the Gen 7 games, but not bad at all. It certainly didn't lack a story as I've seen some people claim.

D

Deleted member

Know what, I'll say it, but Mach Rider > Geno.
Hot take time... I don't like Geno. Mostly because of his fanbase(which really feels like a cult IMHO) but also his character isn't anything special to me, design-wise. Nothing really stands out, and for a puppet... he certainly plays the part, if you know what I mean. He's probably the only character that I'm not indifferent/positive on, but rather against.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Please stop praising Helix, he's becoming too powerful:
Omanyte's Shield Pokedex entry said:
Because some Omanyte manage to escape after being restored or are released into the wild by people, this species is becoming a problem.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hot take time... I don't like Geno. Mostly because of his fanbase(which really feels like a cult IMHO) but also his character isn't anything special to me, design-wise. Nothing really stands out, and for a puppet... he certainly plays the part, if you know what I mean. He's probably the only character that I'm not indifferent/positive on, but rather against.
Fine with me if you think that. I personally do want Geno, but I do feel as if some on the Geno thread in the Ultimate Character thread may overrate his chances in getting in the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to support Geno, but now I'm kinda indifferent to him.

I just don't get why that, out of all of Nintendo's many Ensemble Darkhorses, Geno is the only one to have this much support to get a playable role in a Smash Bros. game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I used to support Geno, but now I'm kinda indifferent to him.

I just don't get why that, out of all of Nintendo's many Ensemble Darkhorses, Geno is the only one to have this much support to get a playable role in a Smash Bros. game.
You know, I must say, for a character who is a protagonist, but not the main character of a game that is over two decades old and the game itself not being a main game but a spinoff, I admit it is strange a bit that he is so wanted.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The mentioning of Tezcatlipoca by AndreaAC AndreaAC regarding my Lost Tapes episode idea of Werejaguar an idea for a killer werejaguar flick.

A group of friends on vacation in Mexico books an exclusive private tour regarding ancient Aztec/Mayan pyramids which their tour guide will bring them, what they thought would be a fun experience turns into horror when their tour guide shows his true intentions.

The idea would be that this tour guide along with many others in Mexico are werejaguars, vessels of Tezcatlipoca who has offered them long life under the condition of continuing to bring him human sacrifices so he could continue existing as since the worship of him and the other Aztec/Mayan gods had died out, he has grown weak being the last one of them all as lack of worship regarding the others made them cease to exist, he managed to continue to live on to the present day due to this granted in a weakened state, his goal being once getting enough human sacrifices he can finally be back in his prime and rule the world on his own now that the other gods are dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom