• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
That made me laugh for some reason. Not laughing at you, though. So, you couldn't stay on Geno's trail, could you?
More or less, yeah. There's one point where he doesn't show up and you have to go a certain way, which I didn't know about. I think without that it wouldn't have been so bad, though I may have still messed up a few times.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
More or less, yeah. There's one point where he doesn't show up and you have to go a certain way, which I didn't know about. I think without that it wouldn't have been so bad, though I may have still messed up a few times.
Yeah, I am sure we all have similar situations when playing games. This was not one of them for me.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
We all get to that point, really. I did, specially the job and future part, long before the pandemic began. And I am taking basically baby steps, as much as I wish it was differently, but that's not how life works.

Why don't you keep practicing with personal works so you get better at what you want, at your own pace? That's really helpful. And you know, the advantage now is that there's many independent creators that can get their work out there thanks to the internet. It might take time, and be difficult, but not impossible.
I've thought about it for a very long time, but haven't made the jump for lack of experience.

Doesn't help that I'm a really socially anxious person. And being isolated at home for so long hasn't helped on that front at all.

I've hit a truly stressful point in my life.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As someone who's just about done to completing the main campaign of Shield for the first time, I just wanted to say...

...I actually didn't think the story was that bad at all. I think they could've given the human "villains" much more depth, but I see where they were trying to go with them, at least.

Other than that, the story was fine. Maybe not as good as that of the Gen 7 games, but not bad at all. It certainly didn't lack a story as I've seen some people claim.
The lack of depth the villains had wasn't even the biggest issue with the story, it was the lack of doing anything meaningful until the very end of the game. Also when something interesting actually does happen within the game's plot, Leon and Sonia basically tell you "Let us adults handle this you kids go play!" Of course it makes sense the adults are taking care of the more dangerous things but when you're treated like an NPC it doesn't make for a very good plotline in the game. A major example of this, after the 7th gym there's a big bang and all sorts of crazy stuff is happening, you're running through a crowd of people only for you to arrive and "LEON SAVED THE DAY! Move along nothing to see here!" you don't even see it happen you're just told that it happened (Show don't tell is like the number 1 rule in storytelling), now here's the last gym. Have fun!

There was so many missed opportunities for the game's story to actually pick up but it only does so at the end of the game after I've basically given up that the game was actually going to do so. It's no wonder many people say there wasn't any story because the majority of the story was just exposition from Sonia and some shenanigans that Leon takes care of elsewhere.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just watched Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. It was some dumb fun, though not as many Nic Cage Freak-Out scenes as I expected (but the ones that we got were great).

I have the whole day off tomorrow, so I'm going to do a double feature of Creature of the Black Lagoon and the Shape of Water. I might also look into how RPG Maker works; I've had an idea for an Avengers RPG for a while, and while I tend to make plans that are far beyond the scope of what I'm capable of, I'll just try to adapt the first issue and see how it turns out. (my main plan is to adapt the first 16 issues, maybe with some side missions to unlock characters like the Thing, Spider-Man, or Black Panther)

D

Deleted member

I might also look into how RPG Maker works;
While I haven't touched it since my failed PKM Mystery Dungeon garbage I have some experience with RPG Maker(don't remember the version)

It's pretty tricky overall, but I didn't have as much artistic talent as I do now so that was probably part of it. My best advice is to learn pixel art if you haven't: you'll need it at some point or another given the RPG Maker engine is based on it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I haven't touched it since my failed PKM Mystery Dungeon garbage I have some experience with RPG Maker(don't remember the version)

It's pretty tricky overall, but I didn't have as much artistic talent as I do now so that was probably part of it. My best advice is to learn pixel art if you haven't: you'll need it at some point or another given the RPG Maker engine is based on it.
It's more the coding aspect that I'm worried about; I can just use placeholders for the characters and enemies for now. Plus, the artstyle of the era wouldn't require much shading on my part, which seems to be my biggest problem when it comes to sprites. (at least in my experience with spriting)

I'll see how it goes; I've had the idea for a while, but I've never been able to do anything with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's 2am... for the second time tonight. I hate Daylight Saving Time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still, I wanna get my mind off things so I'm gonna ask this question: How's everyone liking the Crown Tundra?
Loving it so far. I really like the lore, characters, and Calyrex is cute (and see my previous post).

Probably better than The Isle of Armor.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"Fine if you're not going to give us a new Metroid I'll make my own"

This indie game is so unapologetically a Metroid clone it may as well just be AM2R all over again. That said I'd definitely play it if it comes to the Switch.

D

Deleted member

They confound me, though I am intruiged.
It all started with a small gag 2 days ago in the form of 2 videos: "Hey ****ass, wanna see me speed(bridge/run)" and it's kinda exploded overnight, with a bunchhhh of varitions. the original videos are lost to time now(somehow) with the only audio being pretty heavily compressed(at least that was the case last time I checked) Pretty interesting to see how people are taking the original gag though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was gonna make a collage of the "LOL TEAM FAKE R IDIOTS" posts from the social thread of the way back when (in honor of the Grinch), but holy **** there's too many of them. So many of these people were ****ing asshats to the max.

A link for your displeasure
People really thought compression was this magical force that moved crystals and cut off tongues scarfs back then, didn't they?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Too late, he is dead.
Correction: Fainted. No one dies in the Pokémon universe.

...Except Fossil Pokémon.

...And the existence of Ghost type Pokémon.

...And the existence of areas like Celestial Tower.

...and Cubone’s mother.

...and-ehh screw it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom