• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just realized how isolated SWSH are from the rest of the series.

Usually, every game has some sort of significant callback (Kanto in GSC, Jasmine in DPP, the PWT, Rainbow Rocket, Looker, etc). SWSH has none of that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I just realized how isolated SWSH are from the rest of the series.

Usually, every game has some sort of significant callback (Kanto in GSC, Jasmine in DPP, the PWT, Rainbow Rocket, Looker, etc). SWSH has none of that.
The fire type Gym Leader is from Hoenn, and they make that abundantly clear.

That's about it tho.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven’t played much of Crown Tundra but man the island itself is a pretty nice one to get lost around. The Dynamax adventures are amazing to. We have good shiny odds but more importantly a really fun take on raid battles that I think is what they should be. With all kinds of varied Pokémon that could be fun to catch and use personally.

Really hope this sticks around for future games.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I haven’t played much of Crown Tundra but man the island itself is a pretty nice one to get lost around. The Dynamax adventures are amazing to. We have good shiny odds but more importantly a really fun take on raid battles that I think is what they should be. With all kinds of varied Pokémon that could be fun to catch and use personally.

Really hope this sticks around for future games.
Dynamax Adventures really fixes my one big problem with raid battles.

In regular raids, barriers draw battles to a halt. I get why they're neccesary to draw it out, bit it still sucks how you have to go for several turns dealing nearly no damage. By making the battles a gauntlet however they're able to avoid the problem of ORKOing the big boss battle.

The one thing that does suck about DAs is that you can't bring your own pokemon, but choosing from a small pool of 'mon does help them control the difficulty and more importantly asks you to make interesting decisions, and decision making is one of the most important parts of an engaging RPG.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Part II of the Big Move shall commence today!

A lot of big stuff will move to the new house, then the final move next week!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The one thing that does suck about DAs is that you can't bring your own pokemon, but choosing from a small pool of 'mon does help them control the difficulty and more importantly asks you to make interesting decisions, and decision making is one of the most important parts of an engaging RPG.
I get why though, they don't want everyone bring their totally not hacked Level 100 Mewtwo to cheese the challenge, especailly since the shields were removed.

Plus, it does give a bit more variety.

D

Deleted member

I mentioned it yesterday, so here's my wish list for the remaining Fighters Pass. I spent way too much effort than I should've making it look good.

I might do one for the remaining for leftover slots as well later, in case they'll ever do a FP3.

D

Deleted member

I mentioned it yesterday, so here's my wish list for the remaining Fighters Pass. I spent way too much effort than I should've making it look good.

I might do one for the remaining for leftover slots as well later, in case they'll ever do a FP3.
A Sakura Wars character
Holy ****, you are more based than I expected.

D

Deleted member

So Minecraft confession: I've been playing Minecraft since Middle School.

I have never reached The End. Never fought the Ender Dragon. Never fought the Wither.
Same.

I just saw some friends of my cousins going to beat the Dragon back in the day because I didn't know how to do It myself.

It was at an age where I used to get stuck at very random things like the tutorial in Wind Waker.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I have never reached The End. Never fought the Ender Dragon. Never fought the Wither.
Oh boy, same here.
Same.

I just saw some friends of my cousins going to beat the Dragon back in the day because I didn't know how to do It myself.

It was at an age where I used to get stuck at very random things like the tutorial in Wind Waker.
Someday I think we need to organize a Ender Dragon/Wither fighting session.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, you are more based than I expected.
I've mentioned her quite a fair bit in the past. But yeah, I don't really mind which Sakura gets in, Shinguji and Amamiya are both fine by me, whatever helps giving that series more exposure. Bonus points if Shinguji comes with a Segata cameo though.

Until recently I didn't even know there's an end to Minecraft.

D

Deleted member

Today It is the 29th anniversary of Puyo Puyo.

Here's a tweet from the main Producer of the series about it:

D

Deleted member

Holy **** Netflix Spain has Little Witch Academia, the Jimmy Neutron movie and Hotel Transylvania.

I know what I'm watching in the coming weekends.

D

Deleted member

Today It is the 29th anniversary of Puyo Puyo.

Here's a tweet from the main Producer of the series about it:

I just found out about is as well, while looking for some artwork. I wonder if we will get a 30th anniversary title next year and hopefully it'll be localized then for once. Still a shame we never got Chronicles either, but at least there's fan translation in the works.

D

Deleted member

That would be really cool.

I need to get used to the mechanics of the game and the Crafting first doh, as It has been years since I last played the game.
I wish I could join ya’ll but for a) my computer can barely handle terraria let alone minecraft and b)I’m already using my laptop 24/7 as a bot farmer lol

D

Deleted member

So, here's my wishlist for a potential third FP to fill the remaining 4 slots.

Honorable mentions who didn't make it for one reason or the other:
Reimu Hakurei, Stafy, Sukapon, Waluigi, Alex Kidd, Bill Rizer & Lance Bean (maybe for the better with modern Konami) and Dixie Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom