• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Decided to dig through my movies to find my copy of Mulan. Another Disney classic and favorite of mine I'm gonna watch tonight while pretending that live-action carbon copy had never existed.

Ah, Mulan (1998). That's how you do strong independent women and what young girls should look up to as a role model.
Mulan is my favorite Disney princess, personally. She's brave, intelligent, and wise for her age.

D

Deleted member

How about more childhood?

What makes this fun is that Heaven and Hell will feel so cathartic as a result. Though Hell and Hell is DMD but Dante dies in a single hit so...
Damn! They are making the Tom & Jerry movie like Looney Tunes Back In Action and Space Jam.

Maybe It does turn out to be quite decent.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, thinking back to what I played so far. After missing to parry 68.96 times and thus dying again, again, and again as a result on DMD, I first thought my life was a tragedy.

But then I realized....
Dante Joker.jpg
...It's a ****ing comedy.
What makes this fun is that Heaven and Hell will feel so cathartic as a result. Though Hell and Hell is DMD but Dante dies in a single hit so...
Since I skipped Very Hard for DMD, I thought I play it with the Super Sparda costume once i'm done with DMD. Since I feel Heaven or Hell will feel too much like a breeze. (or make me angry when I die to one of those room with saw in them)

Not to say I won't try it, I just want to feel the POWER of my reward in a mode where not everything is made out of paper. (well that, and I might gone full insane once I am done with this hell run, even if I take a lot of lnog breaks along the way, but hey, life is made of suffering anyway, what one more could bring to the table? :) )

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Assuming Tom and Jerry's first theatrical outing had them singing and being friends, rather than their usual violent antics, I can already say this new one's is gonna be a vast improvement.

When they first announced this, I assumed something along the lines of Scooby-Doo or the Smurfs with the titular characters being photorealistic CGI an but instead it appears they're going the Space Jam/Roger Rabbit route and I think that's the best option they could've gone for.

Still expecting a mid tier movie at best, but I appreciate the animation and the care they seem to be putting into the source material this time

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At least it's for a good cause
I'm so tempted to argue right now but I'm too tired for it.

But if you think supporting a man who built his campain around xenophonia and his own ego is a "good cause" then I highly suggest you revaluate what traits you value in leaders.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
When they first announced this, I assumed something along the lines of Scooby-Doo or the Smurfs with the titular characters being photorealistic CGI, but instead it appears they're going the Space Jam/Roger Rabbit route and I think that's the best option they could've gone for.
Yeah, there’s no way the slapstick would’ve worked if they were photorealistic

D

Deleted member

Assuming Tom and Jerry's first theatrical outing had them singing and being friends, rather than their usual violent antics, I can already say this new one's is gonna be a vast improvement.

When they first announced this, I assumed something along the lines of Scooby-Doo or the Smurfs with the titular characters being photorealistic CGI an but instead it appears they're going the Space Jam/Roger Rabbit route and I think that's the best option they could've gone for.

Still expecting a mid tier movie at best, but I appreciate the animation and the care they seem to be putting into the source material this time
Yeah, may actually watch this one with my friends.

Could be quite fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Is that Dante as Joker???
That is pretty funny.
Yup, made by me.

This reflect pretty well my mental state after a session of DMC3: Dante Must Die Edition.

Speaking of that, I got greedy & played 1 more mission. The one with Beowulf.

Of course, I died alot, but I did won...eventually.

Though while i'm proud of myself, I'm really not looking forward to the next one with Time Horse.
I really want to make a society joke but I don't know enough about DMC to pull a good one.
I give you a D for Damaged for not knowing enough about whacky wahoo pizza dude.

D

Deleted member

Now that I finally have the Netflix account of my cousins all for me and after watching Promare, I am going to feed my need for more Studio Trigger content by watching this through the night until I fall asleep:

That is of course if my wifi decides to work well.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
How about more childhood?

Well, Tom and Jerry were one of the cartoons that I had watched which is part of my childhood and I also remembered seeing the theatrical version when I was little which had them talk for the first time.

As for the new live action animated film, it will be interesting to see how its done as long as it respects the source material.

D

Deleted member

Tom and Jerry as a live action hybrid movie is something I wasn't expecting gonna be honest

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And the only princess with a body count.

In the thousands
Shuri is the closest to being another Disney princess who could match this...tho there likely isn't any important deaths

but if we counted all Disney owned characters...Mulan would look like **** compared to the likes of Black Widow and Scarlett Witch

D

Deleted member

I actually own a DVD of this show with a few episodes on it that my brother gave me years ago.

It was weird.
Yeah it was pretty weird. Liked it when I was a kid though, was pretty interesting premise-wise.

D

Deleted member

I like how the dev team really made the DLC characters feel like it's from their own game. Hero makes you think of your next move, Steve has nearly infinite possibilites limited by creativity, Terry has KoF combos and whatnot, and Min Min is fun for about 30 minutes before getting boring.

Pretty cool.
one of these is not like the others.... :p

D

Deleted member

I like how the dev team really made the DLC characters feel like it's from their own game. Hero makes you think of your next move, Steve has nearly infinite possibilites limited by creativity, Terry has KoF combos and whatnot, and Min Min is fun for about 30 minutes before getting boring.

Pretty cool.
And there's also Steve, who really makes you feel as if you were playing a 2D version of Minecraft with the way you handle the bricks, the animations he has and the way he interacts with the stage for materials.

Goes to show how the Smash team really likes to put the right amount of attention to each character they make.

D

Deleted member

Pretty cool.
I am a fan of Min Min in Smash, but I have not played ARMS, and I do not have a desire to.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am a fan of Min Min in Smash, but I have not played ARMS, and I do not have a desire to.
Yeah, Arms just seems like a game which for the price I tend to find It doesn't really pick my interest.

Maybe if they added new modes and such I could pick a bit more interest.

D

Deleted member

I've played it just around 100 hours: it's fun... if you're looking for a very casual fighter that isn't just a smash clone. Otherwise it's probably not gonna be that much fun. I enjoyed it but the controls leave much to be desired and the lack of modes and how EASY it is (literally just shake the joycons and press a few buttons every now and then) turned me away from it after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom