• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm so glad I picked up Futurama again. It's very funny but the best part is that the show is character-driven. Interactions between characters feel natural in their own special way and the writing is incredibly clever.

This has solidified as an S tier animated show for me, alongside Gravity Falls and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

What a thrilling ride.

"What do you say? Wanna go 'round again?"
"I do."
And I just might. This show is certainly more than worth a rewatch.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Playing some more TF2. I'm definitely a Spy main, but I'm having a lot of fun as Heavy and Medic as well.

Looks like those are my main three from now on.
Pyro and Demo are my main two, but I play every class a fair amount.

Sniper, Spy and Engie are probably the next in-line after that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I remember when Overwatch was approaching it's release and from the trailers alone everybody declared it a TF2 rip-off that wouldn't last more than a few months.

As a fan and player of both, boy were they ever wrong.
I actually enjoy Overwatch more. The controls feel far more intuitive, I really enjoy the team-based playstyle, and there are so many characters to choose from, each with unique move-sets on the whole. The team balancing system is also better.

There are some things TF2 does better than OW, though. For example, I think TF2 has a very well-balanced cast, while on the other hand the OW devs still seem to get it wrong a lot of the time, whether it's one specific meta being overpowered, or a few characters dominating the meta entirely. I also personally enjoy the maps more in TF2.

Even still, Overwatch is one of my favorite games. It's the only FPS I'm remotely good at, and I'm glad that it exists. I'm so glad I picked it up in the first place as well, because it's created a lot of good memories for me.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If someone came up and asked "Silver, Gold, Diamond, Platinum, which one has to go?", of course you're gonna pick the Silver, it feels almost like it was designed to out that specific thing just so you don't feel bad about wanting to do it because everyone else has when they're given a fake choice of clearly superior items.

No one eats just ****ing bacon for breakfast, it's like a side to your breakfast.
Platinum's just a better version of Diamond, so I say Diamond goes :4pacman:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Playing some more TF2. I'm definitely a Spy main, but I'm having a lot of fun as Heavy and Medic as well.

Fellow Spy Main here.

Also I main Sniper and Engineer, but ultimately I play whatever I feel like playing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I actually enjoy Overwatch more. The controls feel far more intuitive, I really enjoy the team-based playstyle, and there are so many characters to choose from, each with unique move-sets on the whole. The team balancing system is also better.

There are some things TF2 does better than OW, though. For example, I think TF2 has a very well-balanced cast, while on the other hand the OW devs still seem to get it wrong a lot of the time, whether it's one specific meta being overpowered, or a few characters dominating the meta entirely. I also personally enjoy the maps more in TF2.

Even still, Overwatch is one of my favorite games. It's the only FPS I'm remotely good at, and I'm glad that it exists. I'm so glad I picked it up in the first place as well, because it's created a lot of good memories for me.
Same, they're both great games that have their own strengths. Really the only similarity besides a few similar fighters (Junkrat and Demoman, Torbjurn and Engineer, etc) is the whole "Hero Shooter" concept they're based around.

I like them both so I tend to alternate between them whenever I'm in the mood for online FPS gaming.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I'm a filthy Scout main but I recently have been enjoying Pyro and Heavy as well
I remember when Overwatch was approaching it's release and from the trailers alone everybody declared it a TF2 rip-off that wouldn't last more than a few months.

As a fan and player of both, boy were they ever wrong.
Overwatch and TF2 are different "flavors" of Team based shooters and each one tastes different depending on my current mood, I love both though

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm a filthy Scout main but I recently have been enjoying Pyro and Heavy as well
Scout's fun. His voice actor's a great guy lol.

Overwatch and TF2 are different "flavors" of Team based shooters and each one tastes different depending on my current mood, I love both though
The explanation is more fitting thinking of DougDoug's food-themed video on the topic.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
TF2 scratches more of the fast arena shooter itch I have; it feels faster and controls more like them.
Of course it would, the Source engine is basically just the Quake engine with more bells and whistles.

D

Deleted member

Playing TF2 on that Mario Kart map is some grade A nostalgia. Part of me really wants to install the game again now, but man, do I suck at it.

D

Deleted member

I know I'm late to the TF2 party but may I recommend Lazypurple's videos?
The only class he hasn't done yet is the Medic iirc

D

Deleted member

Do you think humans will survive in a hundred million years from now?

D

Deleted member

In about an hour I will have my first presential classes at college, and I'm kinda nervous as this will be my first time entering the building for those and I don't know how things will go.

Hopefully the people there are indeed better than the people I met on high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom