• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The sun might start engulfing the planet but I’m assuming we’re gonna die out from stupidity by then.
The sun will start expanding into a red giant by five to six billion years, and there is a chance that Earth may not be consumed due to the sun losing mass as it expands in its red giant phase, which will cause the planets to move away.
Probably no. Modern humans are around 200,000 years old. Our earliest hominid ancestors are not older than a few million years.

In a hundred million years, we'll most likely either be extinct or be a completely different species.
I say no. Otherwise we would be seeing creatures like this.

View attachment 290324
Good point. I mean, we had two world wars within a span of thirty years. It will be interesting to see humanity evolve. Just a question. The future is very interesting.
oh god shiny you've just made me feel depressed again

thanks, I guess.
My genuine apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The sun will start expanding into a red giant by five to six billion years, and there is a chance that Earth may not be consumed due to the sun losing mass as it expands in its red giant phase, which will cause the planets to orbit backwards.
Well, that's not better as it would cause Earth to grow uninhibitedly cold.

Like it or not every celestial body has a limited lifespan... which doesn't matter for us because they're really long.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played Dead By Daylight for the first time in a while last night, and I came pretty close to getting an achievement - getting a Memento Mori (an instant kill move that can only be used with offerings that are used up afterwards) on every player as Michael Myers. (I got 3/4, but the last person escaped through a hatch) Still, I had fun, and thanks to a combination of add-ons, I was able to play most of the game in his strongest state (where he's faster than normal and downs people in one hit), so that was a new experience. (usually, I try to stay in his weakest state, which is slower but completely stealthy - it may not be the most effective option, but even without the add-on that lets me see through walls, it's still fun to play as Jumpscare Myers)

I also played the Doom Eternal DLC, and holy moly, it's difficult. I finally managed to get past a section that was giving me trouble, but the lack of BFG ammunition, coupled with the massive amounts of enemies, ammo being cut roughly in half compared to the 2016 game, and the chainsaw's targeting being extremely finicky (I don't know how they expect you to chainsaw an Imp that's sandwiched between a boss level enemy and two or three heavyweights) meant that I had to try that section at least ten or twelve times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

move away.
Correction: I did not mean "orbit backwards". I am a bit tired.
Well, that's not better as it would cause Earth to grow uninhibitedly cold.

Like it or not every celestial body has a limited lifespan... which doesn't matter for us because they're really long.
I never said Earth would last. Earth, eventually, will collide with the dead sun due to gravitational radiation, or it could be sucked up by a black hole.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
In about an hour I will have my first presential classes at college, and I'm kinda nervous as this will be my first time entering the building for those and I don't know how things will go.

Hopefully the people there are indeed better than the people I met on high school.
Good luck!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never said Earth would last. Earth, eventually, will collide with the dead sun due to gravitational radiation, or it could be sucked up by a black hole.
I don't think our sun is heavy enough to become a black hole.

At worst, it'll turn into a white dwarf.

D

Deleted member

I don't think our sun is heavy enough to become a black hole.

At worst, it'll turn into a white dwarf.
I know.

The solar system is traveling, and there is a supermassive black hole in our galaxy, and our sun could encounter that, or another black hole.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In about an hour I will have my first presential classes at college, and I'm kinda nervous as this will be my first time entering the building for those and I don't know how things will go.

Hopefully the people there are indeed better than the people I met on high school.
Best wishes! Just keep calm and talk naturally. You'll do well.

D

Deleted member

I have a question. What is the meaning of life? What is our goal in life, as humans? Do we even have a purpose?

Best of luck! :)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have a question. What is the meaning of life? What is our goal in life, as humans? Do we even have a purpose?
Simple answer from me: Serve God; serve others.

Probably the most I can say without going into "debate hall territory", but that summarizes it well, without going into lengthy detail.

D

Deleted member

The Crown Tundra has some pretty cool attention to detail regarding Calyrex
Unlike every other pokemon thus far(even his steed) when you dynamax him he has a blue aura instead of Etrantus's red aura, which considering his status as "the king of Galar" it makes sense considering he likely would be unwilling to use Eterantus's energy(being the big evil threat and all) and instead he uses his own energy to Dynamax. Or at least that seems to be what that implies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The sun will start expanding into a red giant by five to six billion years, and there is a chance that Earth may not be consumed due to the sun losing mass as it expands in its red giant phase, which will cause the planets to move away.

Good point. I mean, we had two world wars within a span of thirty years. It will be interesting to see humanity evolve. Just a question. The future is very interesting.

My genuine apologies.
World wars don't really mean much because as a species we've pretty much been killing eachother since the beginning.

The problem is we're too intelligent for our own good and we usually fail to prepare for the long term, especially when we're talking about beyond just a few generations. Do you think we'll be prepared for a planet threatening meteor? Or the coming supernova? We can hardly handle a simple virus that's only barely more dangerous than the flu.

D

Deleted member

We can hardly handle a simple virus that's only barely more dangerous than the flu.
I mean tbf the thing about Corona that makes it so deadly is how easy it spreads, not how potent it is. Can't exactly function as a society if everyone's sick, no?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

Wow, those army of enormous images intimidate me.

Gorbachev, you cared more about Pepsi than your own people...

D

Deleted member

A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism. All the powers of old Europe have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Communism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the Spectre of Communism with a manifesto of the party itself.

To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

The history of all hitherto existing society(2) is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master(3) and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebeians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Images aren’t a big deal for my phone. Videos, on the other hand...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me it's moreso that it's annoying to scroll when there's like... 10+ images in a single post

Pretty annoying

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean tbf the thing about Corona that makes it so deadly is how easy it spreads, not how potent it is. Can't exactly function as a society if everyone's sick, no?
Well that's not the point I was making...this virus isn't that dangerous, so imagine how things would be if we did face an actual threat to our species.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom