• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Buah, just finished with today's classes.

As someone with ADHD It was quite hard to put myself to sit down during two two hours-long classes without walking. Thankfully they gave some break times during those and I got to meet my partners more (really kind and cool people btw).

But yeah, besides that and some technical issues in Chinese, It was a good first day and I think I left a good impression.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel 616 series next month...can’t wait

Black Batwoman and Red Hood setups revealed...can’t wait

Mandalorian season 2 and Owl House on Disney+...****ING GIMMIE NOW

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Buah, just finished with today's classes.

As someone with ADHD It was quite hard to put myself to sit down during two two hours-long classes without walking. Thankfully they gave some break times during those and I got to meet my partners more (really kind and cool people btw).

But yeah, besides that and some technical issues in Chinese, It was a good first day and I think I left a good impression.
Glad to hear that things went well.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I probably should've done a lot more research when choosing my next horror movie to watch.

Little shop of horrors was the next film I chose. While it has horror elements (especially with the alternate/deleted ending), this is more of a comedy musical than a horror film.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I probably should've done a lot more research when choosing my next horror movie to watch.

Little shop of horrors was the next film I chose. While it has horror elements (especially with the alternate/deleted ending), this is more of a comedy musical than a horror film.
But it was all worth it for the dentist song, yeah?

D

Deleted member

Also the music in that movie slaps.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
But it was all worth it for the dentist song, yeah?
Also the music in that movie slaps.
I'm waiting until I reach the ending of the film to figure out if it was worth it or not.

On a semi-related note, not sure if Amazon Prime posted the canon/theatrical ending or the far more infamous alternate/deleted ending. We'll see.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished Little Shop of Horrors. Amazon stuck with the canon, theatrical ending. While it fits the general tone of the movie far better, the alternate ending is more faithful to the original screenplay and doesn't feel like an ending pulled out of thin air, given what happened with Seymour's struggle in the plant shop.

I'm very mixed on this movie. Half of the things in the film I loved, but the other half I hated.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
screaming Seagull.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT, I ****ING DID IT, I ****ING BEATED THAT PIECE OF **** TIME HORSE WITHOUT USING A SINGLE ITEM.

**** HIS STUPID JANKY HITBOX, MISSILES, WANNABE DIO TIME STOP & EVERYTHING THAT SUCK ASS ABOUT THIS BOSS.

I WON BABY, I'M THE MOTHER****ING LEGENDARY DEADWEIGHT. TAKE THAT NERO.

....ahem, ahem, sorry for the rant here, just had to let my emotions out for a second.

Hope you have a nice day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My battery died as I was about to finish off the final boss of Star force.

I hate it when that happens.
That reminds me of when I just started the Pokémon Omega Ruby Delta episode years and my father demanded me to go to a walk with him all while my 3DS's battery just got red.

So during the whole thing I literally speedrunned the whole post-game as fast as possible and somehow managed to beat it before the battery went out.

It was really crazy.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Finished Little Shop of Horrors. Amazon stuck with the canon, theatrical ending. While it fits the general tone of the movie far better, the alternate ending is more faithful to the original screenplay and doesn't feel like an ending pulled out of thin air, given what happened with Seymour's struggle in the plant shop.

I'm very mixed on this movie. Half of the things in the film I loved, but the other half I hated.
I think the difference between the alternate ending and the stage show version is that the stage show has a curtain call and having the actors come out when all is said and done makes it less depressing whereas the movie version doesn’t have anything like that. Not to mention the test audiences hated the darker ending to which I don’t blame the filmmakers for changing it.

D

Deleted member

My battery died as I was about to finish off the final boss of Star force.

I hate it when that happens.
I usually have chargers on my person 24/7 just so that doesn't happen lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

“I wonder what’s for dinner?”
“Oh! I know.”
“Your head!”

D

Deleted member

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
D

Deleted member

So playable Rhoam or naw?

Stahp teasing nintendo!!
Practically confirms it I imagine. I can't recall a time he ever actually wields a weapon in-game/cutscene so him weilding a royal claymore seems to be pretty definitive evidence towards being playable(hell even the cutscenes for Age of Calamity thus far haven't shown him weidling it which would make it weird if he isn't now that we see him wielding a staple Hyrule weapon)

D

Deleted member

I don't remember if Hyrule Warriors for Wii U actually left some of the unlockable characters unknown until the game's launch.

Don't know if they will officially announce more playable characters for Age Of Calamity.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

“Oh! I know.”
“Your head!”
xD Kind of unrelated, but I couldn't help but to see him as a cartoony (and not hollow) version of this guy:
Gwyn.png

xD I know the whole old bearded king thing is pretty typical, but still, I couldn't help but to make the comparison between that king and Lord Gwyn.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Practically confirms it I imagine. I can't recall a time he ever actually wields a weapon in-game/cutscene so him weilding a royal claymore seems to be pretty definitive evidence towards being playable(hell even the cutscenes for Age of Calamity thus far haven't shown him weidling it which would make it weird if he isn't now that we see him wielding a staple Hyrule weapon)
Not really...he was already shown with the Claymore in a Japanese published magazine and Rhoam, Purah, Robbie, Kohga and Hestu were listed separately as 'Other Characters' from the 7 confirmed fighters who were listed as 'Playable Fighters'

Of course this could simply mean that these characters aren't confirmed but it also sort of doubles down on how the current 7 mayyy be the only playable fighters. Of course there's nothing stopping NinTecmo from going nuts with the playable roster.

Plus Rhoam weilding a Claymore doesn't really mean much since he's likely going to be taking up arms near the end of the game and before hand during the story he never really needed to go into combat before. It correlates with the story and doesn't really confirm that he's actually going to be playable.

That said, it's definitely looking likely that he could be. One of the complaints with the game so far is the currently thin roster consisting only of Link, Zelda, Impa and the Champions. And if they were able to make ZELDA of all characters playable I don't see how this royal brute wielding a two handed sword with one hand couldn't go ham against hordes of Bokoblins.

D

Deleted member

So I spent some time messing with brushes I haven't really used before
sketch1603752065995.png

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

“Oh! I know.”
“Your head!”
"Gee, it sure is boring around here."

"Mah boi, there's nothing peaceful about the art of WAR!"

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've been playing Minecraft for years, but I've never actually beaten survival. I always just screwed around with creative mode or played on servers. Well, I'm making an effort to actually beat it now.
2020-10-26_18.31.51.png

I've gone on a few mining trips, and I've found expansive caves, but no diamonds. Also made a short trip to the Nether. Now, I'm just taking shelter in a village, and I'm going to search for diamonds. I'm also going to take some time to try to get used to the new updates I've missed out on.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't remember if Hyrule Warriors for Wii U actually left some of the unlockable characters unknown until the game's launch.

Don't know if they will officially announce more playable characters for Age Of Calamity.
I remember the OC bad guys were later made playable via an update.

D

Deleted member

Knowing what little I do about the Warriors series is very possible it'll have NPC warriors who aren't playable until DLC or a later update.

Hyrule Warriors 1 and Fire Emblem Warriors both had characters like that iirc.
Yeah, there were a few unplayable characters. Pretty sure One Piece Pirate Warriors 3(the only other Warriors game I've played) had some too? Need to replay that game soon. Regardless wouldn't surprise me if we get free dlc down the line, same as the original Hyrule Warriors.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Haven't been here much in two days or so.

How's the crowd here doing?
Oh not much, just talking about water on the moon and the extinction of the human race. The normal social thread stuff...

D

Deleted member

How's the crowd here doing?
dealing with my dumbass school computer with all of it's problems related to the touchscreen and trying to draw, pretty much.

So yeah, just a normal day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom