• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Also MK breaks different if he breaks off close enough to the edge of the stage. We may be able to dash attack off-stage or maybe even jump off stage and RAR bair! just throwing that out there. (Marth can spike MK, but only if spaced and MK goes offstage. I had this happen to me in tourney..)
The Marth grab-release spike on MK is only possible offstage because he needs to use an air jump to reach MK (there's no startup frames on the aerial jump, but jumping from the ground takes frames). I don't think you can RAR in the air ...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
is it possible to di out of or pull a nade out once youre in mk's tornado? and what should i do if he approaches with retreating fairs?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
since the 'nado is a multi hit move, you should be able to tap di (analogue stick) and smash di (c-stick) out of it - the problem is MK can still chase your di since you can control the nado's path. If you're lucky you might be able to get out of it if he doesn't keep you in the center ( you TDI and SDI left while MK moves his nado right). Correct me if I'm wrong.

you can probably get some frames to pull out a nade once trapped in MKs nado - ive seen it done.

For retreating fairs, I don't what you should do, but I would personally keep lobbing short nades (the nade toss while holding back) in the air. That's just me. I've never been in that situation so I don't really know...

colddegree

Smash Cadet
well im new and i dont know anything about threads or anything about smash boards can u help me?

Well i found a cool way to time a gernade so it would explode 1.5 secs after u throw it.

first do a b. then throw it so it flys right in front of u. do a uncharged upsmash, then do a dacus(dont charge it), with the dac u will grab the nade. bye then it should be baked and u can wither throw it or wait and sheild it.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
is it possible to di out of or pull a nade out once youre in mk's tornado? and what should i do if he approaches with retreating fairs?
Personally when im vsing mks who retreat with fairs. I dacus to them. or i lob a grenade. they usually try to attack me or jump over the grenade. then u can do a Nair.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
I have no situation where u can use the Nikita but at low percentages u can knock ur opponent of the edge. edgeguard with a Dtilt; Dtilt works well cuz it has a good hitbox and sends ur opponent up. this is great for a spike set up at low percentages

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
click the button that says edit at the bottom of your post

you can't delete your own post

dtilt, nikita, and fair all suck

don't approach with dacus

welcome to the Snake boards

Confirmed to SDI, but which direction? Or is it like so many other things, dependent upon the direction in which it is spinning.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Dtilt does not setup for anything, especially not a spike.

I suggest reading the SWF rules and lurking around here more before continuing posting. You're getting close to being temp. banned already.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
Dtilt does not setup for anything, especially not a spike.

I suggest reading the SWF rules and lurking around here more before continuing posting. You're getting close to being temp. banned already.
Im not sure the way i usually spike with snake is when their above me, for some reason its easier for me to hit the heel when there above me, i guess its a matter of ur gameplay

SuSa

I'm not sure the way I usually spike with Snake is when their above me, for some reason it's easier for me to hit the heel when there above me, I guess its a matter of your gameplay
Dtilt has enough lag to not setup for anything. By the time you dtilt and jump they could have already counterattacked at low %'s and if you try to fair they can airdodge and counterattack.

Dtilt does not setup for anything (guaranteed) ever. It gets them in the air, that's about it.

colddegree

Smash Cadet
Dtilt has enough lag to not setup for anything. By the time you dtilt and jump they could have already counterattacked at low %'s and if you try to fair they can airdodge and counterattack.

Dtilt does not setup for anything (guaranteed) ever. It gets them in the air, that's about it.
oh well what ever u say. i sometimes do a Dtilt to a Nair but i guess thats useless too.

SuSa

You don't delete. You just use the edit button rather then posting again.

If you said something you regret, edit it.

EDIT:
You double posted again. And the only way you'd be able to do that guarenteed is in Brawl+.... your opponents must really not know that they can nair...dair.... (some cases fair.. *Ike*)... DI... simply move away.... I know you are knew so..

1) Please, please read the SWF rules. (You can find it stickied as "SWF Global Rules" on nearly any character sub-forum as a global announcement - above the stickies. I don't want you to get temp-banned from failing to follow the rules.

2) Refrain from double-posting. We have an edit button. (There are few instances were double posting is allowed, but those are far and few and don't happen often)

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that snake is the least reliant on using a gamecube controller. I have yet to see any ATs that can only be done on a gamecube controller. Besides boost grabbing, which I don't really understand >_>

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I disagree on the Nikita being useless. The Nikita is very, very useful. F-air, and D-tilt are the ones that could end up being replaced by better moves, and maybe even D-air. I only use F-air when opponents are water'd in stages like Delfino, it isn't as hard as it looks.

For the Nikita, it's a good edguarding tool. You can slow it down in front of someone's face when they start to airdodge it and curve it, it takes practice but often they will airdodge and run into it. Also is good for ledge pressure, and has a couple of other random uses.

I disagree on the Nikita being useless. The Nikita is very, very useful. F-air, and D-tilt are the ones that could end up being replaced by better moves, and maybe even D-air. I only use F-air when opponents are water'd in stages like Delfino, it isn't as hard as it looks.

For the Nikita, it's a good edguarding tool. You can slow it down in front of someone's face when they start to airdodge it and curve it, it takes practice but often they will airdodge and run into it. Also is good for ledge pressure, and has a couple of other random uses.
It's only after Ally spikes M2K at Delfino do I hear more about the water spikes with Fair. I'm surprised people haven't started calling it the 'Ally Spike' xD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Lawl, I have been water spiking in the past. It only looks more pro when you do it against Mew2king though.

But yeah, Nikita is epic!

And, if you read it perfectly does Snake have a guaranteed regrab on Marth if he rolls away from you? Because it seems to me I get up-B'd through that quite a few times even when I boost grab...

Edit: On second thought I will repost that question in the Tech Chase thread too.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Actually almost the opposite has happened lol. Fogo and one other guy on D3 boards have started to use lucario a bit.
However we are losing a lot to Kirby (aka Sakurai's suck-up lol).
But seriously, at least numbers from anyone on the lucario matchup (who's played it vs. a good lucario or knows the matchup)?

I'm a testing phase kick right now for some reason.

1) Is the AAA combo a true combo on anyone?

2) Would grenade KO percents (with DI factored in) be decent to have on reference?

3) Do we have C4 KO percents (with DI factored in) on reference?

4) Air release combo list?

I will try testing any of these tomorrow if anything seems reasonable to have.

IxxI

Smash Fence
Air release > Dash Attack works wonders on MK.

However, I think a dthrow tech chase is more rewarding IMO.

SuSa

1) We've tested this I'll go find it.

2) No, but grenades don't generally kill to 150% AFAIK with decent DI

3) Read the "everything you need to know thread" we have C4+Mine KO %'s with NO DI (just add roughly 20-30%) because it's going to be near impossible to perfectly DI every single time. (Eg: don't see it coming, different parts of the stage, etc.) This is why most people don't test with DI. It's even less reliable of a judge then without it.

4) We can grab release chaingrab Falco, and can grab release > Dash attack MK IIRC. But having an actual list of EVERYTHING we can do to EVERYONE would be awesome. Also we can grab release **** Wario. (Nair, SH uair (AFAIK), utilt, usmash, etc.) with IMO Uair/utilt being the most rewarding... since they can SDI the nair.

So test 4, and 2 if you really want to. I'll go find the answer to #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom