• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I been wondering how to do this.
It's an Anti-Juggle trixie.
It's the C4 into reversal-B trixie.....which.....when you do reversal-B gives Snake a big boost in the opposite direction of which Snake was originally falling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_D0bGBH_Jg

Everytime I do it I get like no momentum in the opposite direction. Tyrant does thid around......
He cyphers into C4 at about :49 and does Reversal-B (w/ a grenade) to give him the amazing boost in the opposite direction at :54.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Avoiding all other factors of the match. If you have Snake throwing nades at someone and that is it. The other someone is trying to avoid nades that is it. In that situation, grenades are not that hard to avoid. With jumping, rolling, air doding, and all other movements a person can use, grenades cannot really punish all options. What I would like is proof that camping solves all problems. No one has really ever explained to me in enough factual evidence and reasoning that camping is the sole way to go. All projectiles have ever done in a match are serve as tools to help the main focus of game play which happens in CQC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijsuAnngSY

Nades > lasers

6Mizu

Smash Champion
It's the C4 into reversal-B trixie.....which.....when you do reversal-B gives Snake a big boost in the opposite direction of which Snake was originally falling.

Everytime I do it I get like no momentum in the opposite direction. Tyrant does thid around......
He cyphers into C4 at about :49 and does Reversal-B (w/ a grenade) to give him the amazing boost in the opposite direction at :54.
And Ally does Reversal-B here at 2:31.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_2PNS_28nw

so can anyone help me w/ this?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru

How do I wavebounce/pseudo b-stick/change my momentum with grenades/c4?
When moving in the air, pull a grenade/drop c4 and immediately after tap the joystick in the direction of snake's back.

*If done right, it will completely change snake's momentum to where he's moving in the opposite direction with the same speed.

you can also do this with the nikita.
next time read the OP plz

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When I'm right under battlefield or Smashville and try to C4 recover sometimes I get it sometimes I die b4 the C4 blows me up.

Anyone know how to do it so that Snake always blow himself up?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Probably buffer it. Detonate asap after drop. Then all you do is get the tech.

No idea what your problem is for under BF, it works for me.

I just do this. Before Cypher gets to the very end of it's life under the stage, I cancel it with DownB and keep the contol stick held down (from when I dropped the C4) and mash B. That way I detonate as soon as I can after dropping the C4 from the Cypher.

No buffering require, simple button mashing for as soon as possible and holding avoids accidental FFing.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
random theory: what if up-b is made of multiple momentum giving frames that have pauses between each other during which snake still goes up because of the momentum given before.

then maybe you have to do the down-b the moment you get pushed up or shortly after it in order to survive.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You're probably fastfalling the C4. Either work on buffering it properly, or control your fingers so that you don't fastfall the C4.

Is it sometimes or all the time useful if Snake can ve sneaky?

Like camouflaging through the ground and stuff?

Or it's useless -_-

.decoy

Smash Ace
i doubt yume is ffalling the c4,
i would think it more likely that he's releasing the cypher too early under the stage.
practice practice practice

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
idk, i def wait until it goes as high as it could.

maybe its my hacks messing up the boundaries, or maybe its me trying to do it at 0% thus spiking me, idk, its weird how i cant do it anymore.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I was talking to a guy the other day who said he figured it out, I cant remember exactly what he said, but he said something like, right before the cypher runs out smash the stick UP and then do your down B.

I havnt tried it yet but he said it worked for him like 10 times in a row or something, he said you should input it as if you were trying to wavebounce, but vertically instead of horizontally.

.decoy

Smash Ace
if you're wavebouncing (a nade let's say) you press b then the direction.

so wavebouncing a c4 "upwards" would be down b then up. but that is dangerous since you'd have to go and press down b again after pressing up, making you more likely to ffall.

unless youre saying that youre sure you press up then down+b.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So after a few testing I sorta figured it out. See, when you use C4 from your cypher you get a little boost up right as the cypher release. And your survival is directly related to the boost, as long as you get a strong enough upward boost, you will be able to survive (assuming your buffering the C4)

So now all we have to do is to figure out how to get enough of a boost to be able to have enough time (or distance rather) to always be able to C4 jump.

My theory is that the boost is related to the speed of the cypher, so if we figure out when the Cypher is moving the fastest and release at that point then its our best way of recovering.

Thoughts?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Sry, off topic question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh4x690FDmc

CHECK OUT the vid first....at 1:43.
It's about the reversal-B boost. In this vid. Fatal does it at 1:43(ish) and he gets a giant boost. Well after I asked the question yesterday......I went into to training mode to try it. When I do it I get a small boost.....I try it like about 500 timez. So what's the trick cause I just don't get the same "big boost in the opposite" like fatal does in that vid.
or
What am I doing wrong?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When b-reversal/wavebounce does is completely reflect your horizontal momentum. So if your getting a small boost it means your not moving fast enough.

so if you want a big boost left move as right as much as you can, then b-reverse left.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Okay
Soooo....when after I let go of my cypher......and I want a "big boost" to the left.....I should like hold my Control Stick to the right....so that way I'll fall to the right.....then as I'm falling right........I should do Reversal-B.......and I'll get a big boost?

Sry for making this so hard, but I reallly need to learn this to help me get better at not being juggled.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
well if you want a big boost to the left, you want to be cyphering to the right as much as possible, then keep holding right until you pull the nade.

.decoy

Smash Ace
So after a few testing I sorta figured it out. See, when you use C4 from your cypher you get a little boost up right as the cypher release. And your survival is directly related to the boost, as long as you get a strong enough upward boost, you will be able to survive (assuming your buffering the C4)

So now all we have to do is to figure out how to get enough of a boost to be able to have enough time (or distance rather) to always be able to C4 jump.

My theory is that the boost is related to the speed of the cypher, so if we figure out when the Cypher is moving the fastest and release at that point then its our best way of recovering.

Thoughts?
so, if im reading right. in layman's terms, let go of the cypher at the correct time to get an upward boost (or be using the upward boost) so that you have enough time to not die. sounds good to me.

it is consistent with my experience. i've been most successful when i don't let the cypher hit the bottom of the stage. when this happens you lose all upward momentum right. so i try to let go just before it hits the stage, which i think somewhat conserves my upward momentum, andt hen down+b from there.

mmmm?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I was able to pull it off even when letting the cypher run under the stage for a while. Because even though Snake doesn't move up anymore, the cypher is still attempting to move up, and it will have different speeds.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to figure out what determines the cypher speed, assuming you dont do it with a jump boost, it will speed up at 1st as the cypher is compensating for Snake's falling momentum, and slow down towards the end as it loses fuel.

hmmm

Thoughts?
Cypher plays right along with natural physics a bit. If Snake is FFing and trys to cypher he will dip down a bit before slowly gaining momentum. If you jump and then Cypher does not have to work against momentum that was already going against it. Thus, it is fasted when done out of a jump. Better yet, it would probably be even faster if G&W's Uair or UpB thing was used.

So in short, the more momentum going down, the slower the speed the cypher will reach when it finally goes up. The more momentum it has going up, the faster it will be able to reach as it goes up.

I assume that the cypher accelerates in a positive direction the whole time it is out. Never once does it faulter in that, it just has to correct previous momentum.

I have a question actually (first one in awhile). For everyone that is able to attend tournaments on a somewhat regular basis, what are the typical stage selections as far as CPs and neutrals go in your reigon?

I know that, but reigons are diversed. I know some prefer the lylat over PS1 as a 5th stage for neutrals. Others play on green greens even though it is borderline banned on the guidelines. I am just getting an idea of what TOs are typically doing.

tekkie

Smash Master
I have a few questions about the MK matchup, which I'm sure is a popular one here.

-Getting grabbed > dthrow > running usmashed. What is the best option in this case? I tried a few out but I'm not sure.
-Recovering from high above the stage. Pain in the ***? B-reversing helps a lot but what other options are there?
-If caught in the tornado, what are Snake's options?

-Ran

Smash Master
-The best Option is to regrab or to F-Tilt.
-The only option really vs MK is to recover high. Nikita, then two B-reversal grenades tends to give you as safe zone.
-Don't get caught in it. If you do, you need to up SDi the first hit to fly up, so you can bair MK.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You can also reverse nade pull inside a nado and blow up both of you, we're still trying to figure this one out but from some of Radix's vids it looks legit.

-Ran

Smash Master
Oh. SDI up and away at low percents [You'll avoid everything], at mid percents sdi to the stage and tech it. Up smash is a really poor option for MK to even bother with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom