• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats, you guys not me. I'm not here to get into a debate about this. Playing aggressive leaves you open and you burn kill moves quick. And it is seriously not hard to stop. Every time I play an aggressive peach it is so easy to stop them. Any character in this game can stop an agressive Peach and **** them for it. this is one of the reason i beast in Peach dittos, cause all these people just wanna be aggressive. Only way I lose these things is if I go aggressive myself. Peach players who play D aremuch hard to take out.

When I play all D, I don't do or move into stupid crap. the opponent can know I play D all they want. I'm not gonna go rambo dishing out attacks and get ***** for it. this characters is seriously not hard to stop.

You guys play how you want. but to me that style is straight crap and asking to just lose. And I'll never approve of it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Dude if all you really want to do is camp/play defense that hard then why aren't you playing Falco instead of Freech? Peach's defensive play isn't without its number of faults, and isn't as impenetrable as you make it sound. MK, Snake, or most other notable characters for that matter, can still break through her walls with enough effort.

Just saying, all D is just as bad as full on aggro. There needs to be a healthy balance.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Simple, cause I don't play this wack game for competition for other boring and cheap characters.

Are we really gonna get into this here?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't care about impressing anyone or standing out like the cool kids. All I care about is playing on point to win. Done.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i play this game like i play chess, i just try to outthink my opponent. I also like to study how people play, so i might even play an entire match with someone while not even playing to win, im just watching them lol. of course in a tourney probably isn't the best time to do that, but whaaaaatever i have fun.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if you know alot about your character and have amazing control over Peach I don't see why playing aggressively can be a bad thing. I rarely ever play defensively, it helps me in alot of matchups but hurts me in others.

see: Marth

Neon!

Smash Lord
I had a much harder time againt aggressive peach's at dallas than those who were defensive or half and half.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Lol KB don't bother. I've tried pointing out contradicting things like that before during a discussion he made in the SD a long time ago. You won't get anywhere lol.

:rosalina:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I agree playing defensive is good but doing so too much can be double edge sword at times. Playing too defensively will make your opponents study your pattern more and will find gaps in your defense before trying to breach it. While they do have to assume the different possibilities of counter attacks you can use to thwart these breaches they get an idea what to expect and will think of a different strategy on how to approach. One thing is that you never know how long it takes the other players to analyze and risk a sour attack to see what happens. High risk, high rewards...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I agree playing defensive is good but doing so too much can be double edge sword at times. Playing too defensively will make your opponents study your pattern more and will find gaps in your defense before trying to breach it. While they do have to assume the different possibilities of counter attacks you can use to thwart these breaches they get an idea what to expect and will think of a different strategy on how to approach. One thing is that you never know how long it takes the other players to analyze and risk a sour attack to see what happens. High risk, high rewards...
I always feel a lot of these "defensive vs aggressive" discussion are kinda convoluted. "Remember to attack, but safely!" But this was a pretty good post.

I'm not following.
Uh, look at what is after "competition"
Yea... lol. Dark makes a clear distinction in what he's talking about.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks for the clarification.

However my point on the subject remains; her defense is not without its flaws (that goes for anyone basically) and shouldn't prompt a borderline exile of aggression, but to each his own.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was going to say his aggression takes him to Loser Finals, Winner Finals and grand Finals of a lot of events, whereas we can't say the same here.
Oh snap.

I cosign to this viewpoint though. Peach's metagame is stagnant, and this seems to be the revolution needed to place.

z00ted

i like yami's peach

if a player is on the edge and I'm holding a turnip im definitely going to fglide toss -> dtilt, because I've done this like 3 times in the past month and I've barely been playing

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I like Yami's Peach too. Was disappointed it took him so long to clinch the kill on the second stock, but overall I liked the match. :)

z00ted

he had alot of bair opportunities and went for nairs but it happens.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
i like yami's peach

if a player is on the edge and I'm holding a turnip im definitely going to fglide toss -> dtilt, because I've done this like 3 times in the past month and I've barely been playing
Well that only worked well because it was a stitchface. Any other turnip might have caused a shield grab.

Or you could force them off the ledge

z00ted

oh yeah.. lol I was applying that if I had a stitch in my hand haha

by "turnip" I meant "stitch"

i've done it before like three times

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol that first stock was ****. I broke Hadesblade's shield with the same stitchface to d-tilt followup by the edge to take his last stock in our first set against each other. xD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
watch a little of match 3 but I see a couple things.

when you wanna float dair oos there's no point in doing it above oli coz it's slower and a waste of time coz ur waiting to go higher. Just ground float dair oos so he can't usmash you before your move even comes out.

and w/ your turnips sometimes you just glide toss into him. be patient and groundfloat nair/bair and shield pikmin and just wait for him to do something laggy like sh pikmin toss or a grab or maybe try to bait his fsmash so you can powershield and punish.

you just need to slow down. don't go attacking a ground oli. you have to bait him to do stuff like retreat dair to bait usmash oos or just kinda float around or wait with a turnip in hand or not. either way if he pikmin tosses or sumtin just land and glide toss/dash atk or like if he tries to fair u just drop + powershield or just airdodge or nair or retreat (to make him whiff) and dair/fair.

it's just baiting that little gay character.

excellent tech skill though.

ya got this. ;o

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I don't think Europe will ever slow down, I love it.

Yami will be the Armada of Brawl if he ever comes over here. I'm callin' it.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Yami is cool sht.

And ur name is pretty win. :p

Has a nice ring to it. I'm gonna try to change my name soon. lol

Top Bottom