• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
Nicole~

Not a critique, but a question :o

I noticed that snake did a lot of NAirs. It seemed (to me) like you were in a perfect position to dash USmash his exposed legs. Tell me if I'm crazy, but something like that is asking for an upsmash :3

I need to play more smash but I'm having a hard time because I'm soooo cuteeeee in this other game :)
eh, I find that sometimes it works to run in and Usmash, but other times you just get hit by the nair. it's the same with marth's fullhop fair, but unlike snake, marth does like, 9%, while snake's nair can do like, 21% and kill you with the last hit. at the point i would be getting hit for usmashing, i probably couldnt' sdi out of it cause it'd only have one or two hits left (the killing hit). i'm also not much of a risk taker :/

but no you're not crazy. it definitely works, at times.

hiROI

Smash Lord
So these videos from a tourney last week! Instead of uploading videos of me winning, I uploaded some matches of me losing or getting two stocked in order to focus on mistakes and actually change them. Plus who wants to see a winning Peach? :p Also, these are ALL friendlies.

ZSS wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aXQ6erMfqU
Peach wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou3XfETcT8A

Snake wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29KQMJeDGA

He kicked me out of the tourney, but omg, first game was last stock, both of us 150%+, best game in my life. I wish I saved it D; But second game of the tourney set was just a mess. Where do we counterpick Snake?

MK wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ajwu44IKc

Notice how Peach Bomber is actually usable. I only got punished once for it.

Thanks!

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
So these videos from a tourney last week! Instead of uploading videos of me winning, I uploaded some matches of me losing or getting two stocked in order to focus on mistakes and actually change them. Plus who wants to see a winning Peach? :p Also, these are ALL friendlies.

ZSS wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aXQ6erMfqU
Peach wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou3XfETcT8A

Great Matches :)

Snake wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O29KQMJeDGA

He kicked me out of the tourney, but omg, first game was last stock, both of us 150%+, best game in my life. I wish I saved it D; But second game of the tourney set was just a mess. Where do we counterpick Snake?

I (personally) CP PokeStadium1 or maybe even Japes if it's not banned. Of course, if the snake player has a pocket MK then counter-picking flies out the window.

MK wins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Ajwu44IKc

Notice how Peach Bomber is actually usable. I only got punished once for it.

He punished your Peach Bomber twice actually. I suggest not trying to ground float much in this matchup. It leaves you open to too many of his hitboxes (particularly his ftilt). You seem to like taking risks, so as a suggestion to mix things up, you should try charging your dsmash for a bit before unleashing it after a spotdodge. Doing this drains his shield even more (since the MK would be holding his shield out longer trying to anticipate your attack.)

Thanks!
Green text = my response

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Curious as to what sort of critique I could get for my Peach... o: Never checked the Peach boards for anything before, I'm pretty much self-taught through friendlies, since I main ROB/Kirby instead, but I've been ending up using Peach in tourney as a counter to a Wario/Olimar player that can give me trouble, and have been thinking of bumping Peach up to a main instead of a secondary to take some people by surprise.

bundtcake (Peach) vs Asa (Wario) 1

bundtcake (Peach) vs Asa (Wario) 2

Any comments/criticism besides the obvious "don't kill yourself with bob-ombs"?

gantrain05

Smash Master
don't stay in the air that long against wario, when he learns the MU you are gonna be in trouble, its generally not a good idea to be so aggro vs wario. plus it seemed like u were just kinda throwing out alot of moves. and there were times when u could have grabbed/naired OoS instead of running or Dsmashing.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I remember you posting a MM with him before, but it was a three game set. First game on BF, second on Lylat, and third on SV

don't ask me how/why I remember that. I have the weirdest remote memory lol.

:rosalina:

gantrain05

Smash Master
I remember you posting a MM with him before, but it was a three game set. First game on BF, second on Lylat, and third on SV

don't ask me how/why I remember that. I have the weirdest remote memory lol.

i don't even remember my own matches that well...........

bundtcake

Smash Ace
don't stay in the air that long against wario, when he learns the MU you are gonna be in trouble, its generally not a good idea to be so aggro vs wario. plus it seemed like u were just kinda throwing out alot of moves. and there were times when u could have grabbed/naired OoS instead of running or Dsmashing.
Hmm, thanks for pointing out my missed OoS chances, that's definitely something I didn't really notice. o:

The aggro playstyle and movespam are actually on purpose though, I know Asa really well and he gets flustered easily against me if I keep pressure on him, even if it's with moves that should be getting countered; I'll see if I can't get a match with more of my normal Peach playstyle.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
lol Gant there's that, but there's also this one time of me forgetting what TV show I was watching within a minute of commercials coming on.

Also lol KB I clicked the link just now to make sure and I saw my comment I had made. Yeah you posted that already.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Got some vids. Now in better quality. The sound might be weird. Sorry for that. I don't know how to fix that like I did with the picture. PC is crap. Least you can now see what is going on.

Vs ZSS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1fWlFbxGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ZP8Sht_s8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=654XRhHDyew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBk9Kt8uToo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB43F60mOFs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhcdylb0D8

I have a set with Me Vs Wes Diddy kong I'll add a lil later.

I Still have the other matches that were in bad quality. Idk if I wanna go through adding all them vides again. I'll had up like half of what I got from the samus fights. The rest I think I can reload NP.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i like the autocancel'd dairs on shield and some of the pressure.

i just wish you'd calm down a little.

you end up getting in a pattern w/ spacing bair or throwing turnips outside of the side b space. sometimes he just waits til u get airborne and unleashes it.

just watch your patterns when you space ppl out coz when you're spacing you're always attacking and vulnerable to get hit by bull****. i feel like you're autopiloting a lot of stuff.

coo stuff though.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I think im going to change the posting rules here so you can ether write you want a critique or the vids to be posted up here. I have no idea what people want.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
don't hate just coz u didn't want critiques lmao. just SAY if u want it or not. that simple, no need for rule changes haha xD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
He's not saying he doesn't want critique to take place here. He's just confused because before that this thread served as a place for people to watched archived videos. No one is specifying in their posts whether they're submitting for archive or for critique. Earlier he showed vids I think he was intending to archive and people were critiquing when he didn't really ask for it. I think he just wants people to start mentioning that when they post vids here.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
i'll critique even if u tell me not too........its just gonna happen lol
Agreed.

Critique is critique and is gonna happen regardless. Wanting to control it is like making a "picture thread" and then a separate "picture responses thread".

At the same time, there are videos that don't need critique - like some random friendlies. And if people really wouldn't want critique, that's their prerogative; we can be nice and listen to their request. We're capable of maturity.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
i like the autocancel'd dairs on shield and some of the pressure.

i just wish you'd calm down a little.

you end up getting in a pattern w/ spacing bair or throwing turnips outside of the side b space. sometimes he just waits til u get airborne and unleashes it.

just watch your patterns when you space ppl out coz when you're spacing you're always attacking and vulnerable to get hit by bull****. i feel like you're autopiloting a lot of stuff.

coo stuff though.

But that's the way Dark peach plays ZSS - hes always said she can't handle pressure so that's what he does. Sure it may get him hit a couple of times, but I like the idea of throwing attacks near them so they feel they can't even breathe or move without putting themselves in danger.

At the same time I get what you're saying. A key point is video number 2 starting around 1:05 through 1:10... he is walking away and you decided to float nair behind him. I could see that as pressure but you probably wasn't ging to hit anything, and in turn you got side B'd for it. If nothing else I think a float cancelled nair (or auto cancel whatever) would have been better or doing nothing at all.

So yea watch the spacing.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I tend to do stupid **** all the time in matches. And don't pay attention same time move into alot of things. So raz is right. and this is how I do horrible in tournaments instead of getting off that crap already. Why I still play this game is beyond me. This stupid aggressive habit is one thing I don't think I will ever get off.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I hate aggressive Peach and it is not me. My style is all D with mindgames. Playing aggressive is what gets me these ****ty results. When I play D, I win.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
The way you play is fine.

I'm just saying that when you're spacing outside of the side B ur just getting into patterns and that it's aaaaall attacks. A little patience or a powershield or airdodge or something would be a cool mix-up b/c it actually nullifies/beats the side B which is something your attacks don't do.

Don't get so down on yourself. It's just a minor thing you wanna think about and re-adjust.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Or.... you could just listen to what 2link said....I swear you people just don't get stuff. Basically all I want is if you want the vid posted in the front page just say so otherwise I won't do it. What's so hard about that? Ugh..

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
for the most part ya got off the ledge the same way (ledgehopping) and i don't like how you throw bananas back at diddy coz sometimes you do it and I think that the only reason to throw one at him is just at a direct punish. his diddy and diddies in general just get the banana back easily so I'd just keep it around me somewhere or elsewhere and be gay with them. So yea, I think you need a stronger banana game.

hmm, ur also a little dair happy or aggro sometimes so ya land next to him unnecessarily and it gets you punished.

I think that shud just about cover it.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That aggressive habit of mines as usual. Ugh. The day I get off it is the day I win a tourny. Idk why I do it. Really when I hate it and play well when I am all D. I feel so dumb sometimes. It's not that hard. Just play D and you good.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Three things

- What do you mean with being more defensive. Aggressive and defensive are such vague terms. What exactly do you mean? Shielding more? Waiting more, having more patience? Camping? I'm curious.

- You're too hard on yourself. Even if you did a lot wrong, looking at your good points helps a lot too.

- For someone who doesn't shield/dodge a lot, you were able to avoid a looooot of Diddy's **** @_@. Quite evasive.

:052:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm really impressed with your Nair cancels. You have good item control, but only at a few number of times, it becomes impulsive. Just be careful on where you throw back your items(mainly bananas).

What I learned is that we all should be trying to figure out which characters have crappy OoS game. Diddy's isn't the greatest against Peach's pressure and she can take great advantage of it.

I still really like your Peach, Dark. I do see what you mean about your agression though.

It's all good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Three things

- What do you mean with being more defensive. Aggressive and defensive are such vague terms. What exactly do you mean? Shielding more? Waiting more, having more patience? Camping? I'm curious.

- You're too hard on yourself. Even if you did a lot wrong, looking at your good points helps a lot too.

:052:
- Saw how I played on wifi vs you? Hardly approached. I got my hits and just backed off. i never forced an apprach or a kill. No matter at what % you was. I just waited for that right moment. Sime times played mindgames on you. That's what I mean and that is me. When I play aggressive i take to many hits for no reason. hits I can erasily avoid. And leave my self open. Same time burn kill moves. Then I lose matches. I hate the aggressive style. Its seriously not hard to stop.

- I always will be. I have no time to try and make myself feel good when I don't do things right, then blow it all the time in tournament. This is embarrassing. What matters iswhatI do wrong cause that gets me my loses. All the dumb **** I do. And i refuse to go easy on myself till the day I get off this nonsense.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im just like that dark, im agro even when i don't want to be. theres times when i know that playing defensive would have won me the match but i just didn't do it lol. of course i also like to tech chase with peach bomber and B reverse toad in peoples faces sooooo.....im a risk taker lol.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
dark your pch is fine but i'd just sh dair into grounded ppl a lot less than u do. whenever u did it as they were landing though it worked. just mix it up lol.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I don't know why some ppl are so uptight about being aggro. Aggro works. You just have to know when the back off. Hopefully ill get some vids up soon to prove this. Sole defensive peach is so boring.

Now i do agree a Defensive peach is more suited for tournament level play. But it's not like you automatically lose the match as soon as u go Aggro. Throwing turnips and mixing it up with dairs etc is still considered Aggro.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
- Saw how I played on wifi vs you? Hardly approached. I got my hits and just backed off. i never forced an apprach or a kill. No matter at what % you was. I just waited for that right moment. Sime times played mindgames on you. That's what I mean and that is me. When I play aggressive i take to many hits for no reason. hits I can erasily avoid. And leave my self open. Same time burn kill moves. Then I lose matches. I hate the aggressive style. Its seriously not hard to stop.
I see.
- I always will be. I have no time to try and make myself feel good when I don't do things right, then blow it all the time in tournament. This is embarrassing. What matters iswhatI do wrong cause that gets me my loses. All the dumb **** I do. And i refuse to go easy on myself till the day I get off this nonsense.
I'd watch out with this though. Such a mindset can hold you back. Badly.

:053:

Nicole

Smash Champion
I don't know why some ppl are so uptight about being aggro. Aggro works. You just have to know when the back off. Hopefully ill get some vids up soon to prove this. Sole defensive peach is so boring.

Now i do agree a Defensive peach is more suited for tournament level play. But it's not like you automatically lose the match as soon as u go Aggro. Throwing turnips and mixing it up with dairs etc is still considered Aggro.
agreed. you dont have to play defensive all the time, it will actually hold you back if you just try to play safe all the time. it's harder to have mix ups and go for reads when you are playing safely, and your opponent KNOWS your goal is playing cautiously.

you just have to be cautiously aggressive, once you get them in a bad position go aggro and wreck them, and then back off and go back to playing defensively.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You can play aggressively, but you have to go about it the right way. And by right way, I mean you have to be smart. This is where I believe technical skill and ability to control your character well becomes very important when trying to go aggro against an opponent. Along with this, you need great spacing and you need to know your options when you want to keep the pressure during a fight. Creativity and mix-ups are vital - thankfully Peach has many and she can be played in many different styles too.

That's why I love watching videos of myself. I can catch the mistakes I made and work on them so I can improve. I also watch other Peach players and see where they make mistakes, then look at what I could have done in those situations.

Go Peach!!

:peach:

gantrain05

Smash Master
agreed. you dont have to play defensive all the time, it will actually hold you back if you just try to play safe all the time. it's harder to have mix ups and go for reads when you are playing safely, and your opponent KNOWS your goal is playing cautiously.

you just have to be cautiously aggressive, once you get them in a bad position go aggro and wreck them, and then back off and go back to playing defensively.
or you can play like me and get in peoples faces and throw moves >.> it works more often than u think lol. i'll generally stay juuuuuuuuuuuuuust out of the danger zone and throw moves til the opponent is like "oh hey, an opening" and then i unload on em.....characters this doesn't work for; yoshi, diddy, falco, olimar, aaaaaaaaaaand snake.

Top Bottom