• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sig Critique Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey everyone.

I reackon the people who make signatures and stuff like that are really talented. A friend of mine made my signature.

Tell me what you think of my sig. Its even cooler if you've seen the show. :chuckle:
Needs more Kim Bauer...lulz...

I don't know about this one? Is there a reason the words are cut off at the bottom right hand corner?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Needs more Kim Bauer...lulz...

I don't know about this one? Is there a reason the words are cut off at the bottom right hand corner?
It's probably cut off near the bottom since there is a 125 px height limit on these forums (which is bull**** btw).

And have all the regulars here gone and died in a lonely ditch?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I think me, Zolga, and doom every so often, are still here, but I think we did kinda jump in a ditch and die. Waltz, I'm disappointed, I thought you were going to rip someones sig appart:p

Infinite Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone.

I reackon the people who make signatures and stuff like that are really talented. A friend of mine made my signature.

Tell me what you think of my sig. Its even cooler if you've seen the show. :chuckle:

Pretty sweet man, mine is terrible right now but I am waiting on a new one so.... But here it is Ranulf.

Richard7

Smash Ace
"Dammit"

You should get that spelling fixed, too.
I seriously don't see anything getting cut off. Scroll up and look at it again because I remember I had a version of it that did have the exclamation mark in "Dammit" being cut off but atm its not.

Also I checked around on the net, everywhere says its spelt "Dammit". I know there's also "Dam nit" (I put a space on purpose other wise smash boards would block it.) but it says its wrong.

EDIT: Hrrrm, I think it has something to do with where we live. In some places they spell it with a "n" and in others they don't.

Double edit: After looking into it a little more, it can be spelt both ways. I don't know which one is more "correct" though.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
I'm not going to critique anyone until they start critiquing others first. It's common courtesy. I've said it time and time again. Others have said it time and time again. Let's make some changes.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
It's probably cut off near the bottom since there is a 125 px height limit on these forums (which is bull**** btw).

And have all the regulars here gone and died in a lonely ditch?
I come here rarely.
Its best to move on to actual GFX forums once you've learned the basics.
Hell, its best to learn the basics FROM an actual GFX forum.

I'm sad Guild Inn closed though :(
Ah well, there's still PR.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^lol pr. act one and tag monkey is where its at :p

@gopo:
blue is cool. but the grey would of been much more of a compliment since the text is blue already to match the girls eyes. u could do more to the image instead of just pasting it there ya know. spice it up. OOMPH it :3. good stuff tho atm. i want to see that version 2 lol. layer options ftw and defaults :3

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to critique anyone until they start critiquing others first. It's common courtesy. I've said it time and time again. Others have said it time and time again. Let's make some changes.
I critiqued someones sig a month ago or something... Or maybe i didnt. My memory is pretty bad. Alright i shall critique other sigs before i ask my own to be critiqued.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The colors of the background and the butterfly girl are really clashing. I'd personally choose one over the other - maybe greyscale the background, but have a few splatters still in color? Just a random idea. :p

Also, the blurred "shadow" of the girl also strikes me as the teeniest bit cheesy. That might just be me though.

Well, I'm really interested in Web 2.0 as of late. I made this recently.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I seriously don't see anything getting cut off. Scroll up and look at it again because I remember I had a version of it that did have the exclamation mark in "Dammit" being cut off but atm its not.

Also I checked around on the net, everywhere says its spelt "Dammit". I know there's also "Dam nit" (I put a space on purpose other wise smash boards would block it.) but it says its wrong.

EDIT: Hrrrm, I think it has something to do with where we live. In some places they spell it with a "n" and in others they don't.

Double edit: After looking into it a little more, it can be spelt both ways. I don't know which one is more "correct" though.
If you're using the Smash Blue forum skin, then it's not cut off. On the other skins, the 125 px height limit cuts off "Dammit!".

@gopobox: Looks too boring. The render itself isn't getting enough attention with the effects.

The second one is just a bloody mess. The text isn't doing any good, the render is just strange and the background doesn't compliment the tag overall.

@meno: Your banners have always been nice.

@baka: The embossed text doesn't look nice and it's too heavy. The tag could be smaller if you just want to put your FC or whatever.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
god, where are you guys getting these sweet sigs?

can someone make me one? please?..or tell me where i can make mines?

@BakaJuice

i lol'd at your avatar...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
can someone make me one? please?..or tell me where i can make mines?
Well, you can request a sig made for you in The Sig Boards or download a program like Photoshop or GIMP. It would be more easier for you to request a sig.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Well, you can request a sig made for you in The Sig Boards or download a program like Photoshop or GIMP. It would be more easier for you to request a sig.
alright, i have gimp but idk...

so..

can some make a zero suit samus sig?

this is what mines look like now

Alzi

Smash Master

MenoUnderwater i really like how with your sigs you make them so well with the no white background. As for that balanced brawl one looks good but i would personly remove that "click here to learn more" text and just hyperlink the whole banner so when they click on it it takes them there.

gopobox your first sig looks nice. Just the render needs to blend in more or parts of it. With the second banner the colours have just been used wrong so the image and the background don't match so much. Keep practicing and you will get there.

I'm no pro or anything but i can give advice and comments on how to improve them.

gopobox

Smash Journeyman
WOW.
That looks pretty amazing especially what you did to the lady...
I think you should limit the white because it kinda makes it look pretty "blank"
Just a suggestion.. i think you should get a different colour other than that cyan because it doesn't blend well with the other colours in my opinion.

You're soo pro T_T

DFEAR

Smash Hero
WOW.
That looks pretty amazing especially what you did to the lady...
I think you should limit the white because it kinda makes it look pretty "blank"
Just a suggestion.. i think you should get a different colour other than that cyan because it doesn't blend well with the other colours in my opinion.

You're soo pro T_T
the negative space (white) forces a focal point, as shown in version 2 where the eyes HAVE to look at the girl first then background. but i thought so too so v1 was created. BUT the white negative space was needed in the first one to create some "calmness" from all the vibrant colors i used, but i can change it and see how it looks =D.

hmm but cyan is such a beast color!? perhaps ill change the blue balls on the chicks shirt to the cyan?

and im not pro. i really do suck. look at all the faults u found, and i clearly see the faults i made, such as the circles dont look realistic on the girl (will change that soon fo sho), the teeth might be too shiny o.o (she had orbitz, : P)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
No matter what. :grin:

And yea, I think it's the shirt. The colors are too drastic to work in the first version, and in the second it becomes apparent it's too... artificial. Maybe something a little toned down?

The teeth are fine.

And thanks for the comments on my sig everyone.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ahh. I prefer the shirt design for v4, the grayscale is a better fit for some reason. But I don't like what happened to her face. D: Why is she crying some sorta black blood? And drooling turquoise stuff... I think you should leave the face simple for now. Just my thoughts, though...

Love the depth here. The bottom left designs are really interesting, there are a lot of small meticulous details there. Actually pretty much all of the background designs are meticulous. 0_0 Looks time consuming. Props. I also think the grayscaled designs > the ones with the tan-ish tint in v3.

Soo, yeah, I prefer v4 but less effects on the face. It looks really close to being done, I think.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd actually like to see v4's shirt with v1's background.

I'd also have to agree and say I don't particularly like the bleeding paint - the paint from the hand somewhat works, but the eye and mouth seem too a "added." I also miss her skin pigment from the previous versions. xD

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, I like the 6th version. The girl isn't the first focal point, but it's not a bad thing.

The bleeding wasn't that bad - it just... wasn't applied terribly well. :p

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Yea, I like the 6th version. The girl isn't the first focal point, but it's not a bad thing.

The bleeding wasn't that bad - it just... wasn't applied terribly well. :p
the focal point i was going for is the blue wireframes :3 i want people to see them details ARGH

and lol ill learn to make blood more realistic xD but the pixelation matches everything else :3...2d vs 3d work is super LOL

btw thanks guys for the critic and suggestions :3...now U GUYS BETTER GOD **** DO THE SAME **** ARGH O_<

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Its a bit old, but it is the last one I've made. Before starting again I'd like to know how I could make this a better work of art overall.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
Very plain. You could add smudging, C4D's, Pentool use would work nicely.

Opinions?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

Opinions?
Bravo...

It's different from most signatures. Which is good, it stands out. Pretty minimalistic, too, great stuff.

The "Consumed by" should be less noticeable, like closer to her face, lower, and smaller, maybe... just a little. Something about the font doesn't quite look right either... Increase the spacing between the letters slightly, I think that would look interesting, and try it out with all lowercase letters. The right side is sorta messy looking, if at all possible remove some of those splatters. Try out some different background colorings, as well.

Besides that, though, I'm a big fan of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom