• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yah, ESAM is better than me at Melee and he was on fire that day. He took 4th in singles with ChuDat and DaShizWiz there.

He lost to me in teams, though! :D

I was always better in teams in every Smash game...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smooth Criminal;6372044 I don't think any of us doubt that you've gotten better said:
Both players being on their last stock does not necessarily mean it was close. However, losing 2-0 does not mean it could not have been close, either.

At FC6, I lost to Chinesah 2-0 (IIRC). Both games (IIRC) ended with both of us on our last stock at very high %. I especially remember that the last game was literally "First one to hit wins". He had 156%, I had 95% (or somesuch), he got an Upair in, I died.

In my view, that's a close set, even if it was 2-0. Both matches were "First one to hit wins". He just happens to have been the one to have gotten that hit in both times.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
I still don't consider myself any good. I was in one tournament. I made it to the second round. Another guy I knew was also in that tournament and he made it to the fourth round. One of my friends made it to the 3rd round. One made it to 2nd. Two lost in the first round. One of the two friends that lost in the first round is the best one out of all of us. The one who made it further than any of us really sucks.

These tournament results are completely off from our skills. Can you guess which tournament this was?

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Who? Me? For what? I was clearly not spamming. But whatever.

It was the GameStop launch party which was so rigged. Anyone could win that tournament, pro or no pro.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I think a 2-0 can be a close match(depends on the situation), the only thing it proves the consistency of the other player, now 3 stock thats ****.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think they were 2 stocks inui, idk. All i remember is then you beat us in teams cuz 3rd match you went green greens. Me and my partner were like wtf.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You didn't twostock me. I don't suck against Samus. I beat Wes in tourny back when he was a top player. ~_~

Green Greens + Double Ganondorf = ****.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Having never had the strongest opinion of MK, I view the SBR decision as perfectly fine. They're all (at least, I'm pretty sure they are) a LOT better than I am, and know what they're doing. I don't like MK. Not because I think he's overpowered. I just think he's terrible. Which, I admit, most people would tell me that I'm stupid for that. Even so, I happen to prefer others.

Having said this, I feel that knowing that MK is not (likely to be) banned, it just gives me a better reason to practice against him.

Anyways. I just wanted to say thank you for giving a wonderful explanation, and taking so much to make a decision.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Green Greens + Double Ganondorf = ****.
YES!

Best team ever for that stage.

But, that was my secret team... how'd you find out Inui?

Having never had the strongest opinion of MK, I view the SBR decision as perfectly fine. They're all (at least, I'm pretty sure they are) a LOT better than I am, and know what they're doing. I don't like MK. Not because I think he's overpowered. I just think he's terrible. Which, I admit, most people would tell me that I'm stupid for that. Even so, I happen to prefer others.

Having said this, I feel that knowing that MK is not (likely to be) banned, it just gives me a better reason to practice against him.

Anyways. I just wanted to say thank you for giving a wonderful explanation, and taking so much to make a decision.
Ok, I guess that's a fine reason for not liking him, as long as you don't want him banned.

And yes, them releasing an opinion was a good thing, it helps the legitimacy of the decision considerably.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
You didn't twostock me. I don't suck against Samus. I beat Wes in tourny back when he was a top player. ~_~
Wes lol hes a pretty cool guy I played against his sonic and beat him like 4 times, he did not wanted to play melee but he was not that good compared to hugs.

PS: Berto vs Collazo that was a robbery collazo won that fight by a long shot :(

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
well no its because ice climbers take like 3 months to get his playing style down and probably longer to master

metaknight takes like 3 days to learn everything i seriously think he should have been banned
Irrelevant, if they were good, everyone would play them.

Why should that matter?
It doesn't.

The issue isn't that it's difficult to do, it's near impossible to actually grab your opponent while desynched while Nana is close enough to actually infinite your opponent. A lot of this is because of their horrible grab range, but the stringent execution conditions don't help.

There are quite a few ICs that can execute the infinite flawlessly, almost never making a mistake. So, why aren't they winning tournaments? Because ICs aren't good, infinite or no.

So, having a 0-death isn't all it's about, it's having a 0-death that can actually be used reliably in a match. If everybody that had a 0-death on Wario had an advantage against him, Wario would be bottom tier.

Brawl4Lyfe

Smash Rookie
shuttle loop is good

nair is good

the rest of his moves are good

priority's good

matchups are all good

people suck against him besides like

snake

why is he not banned

sonic is so hard to play against him

it's stupid

metaknight is a ballsack

Browny

Smash Hater
umm, what exactly are you trying to say? you basically quoted the idea, and imply it is a bad idea with no reasoning whatsoever.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
umm, what exactly are you trying to say? you basically quoted the idea, and imply it is a bad idea with no reasoning whatsoever.
>_>

Do I have to be wordy?

I think my second sentence summed it up pretty well. Is there any reason why you would support the notion, DJ? Because I'm sure as hell not typing up a god**** essay explaining how lame it is to be limited in how many times you use a particular character.

Seems pretty scrubby to me. Can't we just accept the fact that MK is there and move on without these ridiculous suggestions?

Smooth Criminal

infomon

Smash Scientist
Accepting a problem without at least trying to find a solution sounds pretty scrubby to me. At least DJ is thinking outside of the box.
But Smooth Criminal prolly doesn't see MK as a problem. I think even djbrowny said that MK isn't ban-worthy dominant in Australia anyway, so it sounds to me like trying to solve a "problem" that simply isn't.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I don't understand what you mean to imply with this post. Sorry, I'm sleepy :laugh:
kk :laugh:

I like the idea that an MK player can only win one match per set with that character, after which he is forced to choose a secondary. But that doesnt apply to a loss. You can lose every match of your set with MK and not have to switch. this keeps scrubby MK's from complaining if they lose, forces the good MK's to have diversity in their game or else be punished for it, and keeps MK from running the entire tourney scene.

I like that idea.

edit: oh yeah. it's funny b/c Australia doesnt really have any good MK's to worry about (or so I've heard), and they solved that issue before it had a chance to start.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ah, okay.

I agree the idea is neat and kind of elegant in the way it works.... but I think it's the wrong approach. Especially since America seems to be getting over the hurdle of believing MK is ban-worthy, to finding effective ways of dealing with him. There doesn't seem to be the MK-crisis that was once forecast to completely dominate the game. So it's kinda scrubby for Australia to ban something before there's an indication it's actually a problem.... :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom