• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Smash Master
if EVERYONE used MK for dittos, then if they win they would realize that MK is a better character than their main, use MK more if not for every matchup, and the plague would just spread.
The only reason it's not spreading (as fast)is that people who actually main MK beat whoever they face in MK dittos and the loser would just stick to their main.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
These are a result from a tournament where MK was banned.

Catonsville Tourney 12/27 (MK banned)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singles
1: chillindude829 () ($140.00) (Falco)
2: BurgerKing (atomsk) ($84.00) (DDD)
3: azen () ($28.00) (Peach/Marth)
4: mew2king ($14.00) (DDD/Snake)
5: candy ($7.00) (Snake/Wolf)
5: meep ($7.00) (ICs)
7: P~S () (Olimar)
7: boss (Luigi/Mario)
9: yo
9: EE
9: deez
9: not jokin (completely jokin)
13: Turbo Girlpants (pika/ddd)
13: dk smash
13: riffic
13: hat
17: jcaesar
17: splode
17: EM ()
17: Red Bandit
17: GIMR
17: vist
17: dr.o
17: tantalus
25: sin
25: chaos ()
25: SSR
25: underpantsdude829 ()

I dont know what happened but it seems MK makes the difference when u look at the results of those tournaments. I think that if SBR should take into consideration results from Tournaments that MK is banned. and I think people should just ban MK in order to see more results like these. Not that I have anything againts MK or playes who use him.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Are you even implying that M2K wouldn't be able to reliably win money without MK consistently? That one tournament where he placed 4th outweighs everything else he's done in smash with multiple characters?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
M2K's main is MK, he doesn't use D3 hardly at all, plus D3 is a worse character, so of course he finishes lower

If he played D3 all the time he would ****, he won C3 in may with D3, beating Azen in the finals, because he was in the groove with D3

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
M2K's main is MK, he doesn't use D3 hardly at all, plus D3 is a worse character, so of course he finishes lower

If he played D3 all the time he would ****, he won C3 in may with D3, beating Azen in the finals, because he was in the groove with D3
Didnt he said in this same thread that he was winning more with D3 that he changed MK cause he liked that character the most. Of course we realize now that is not the true MK is broken. But lets see if he attends another MK banned tournament to see his consistency.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Nah trick. I never lose to Dedede. ;)

I haven't lost to Atomsk's for a long time. I beat Seibrik and CO18(very badly) 2-0 in money matches and Hungrybox 3-0 and I twostocked Basic Sausage twice in tourny two days ago. I need to get at some West Coast Dededes soon.
dont contradict urself lol. u cant say u never lose to em then imply that uv lost to atomsk's at some point. and 2 stocking sausage isnt that big a thing lol. when i watched him play at that tourney he was kind of..... not good at all to keep it in nicer words lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dear God you can be annoying.

I lost to Atomsk's Dedede in September. September 27th, to be exact. Since then I haven't lost a set to any Dedede. I beat CO18, Seibrik, Atomsk, and Basic Sausage since then.

Uh... Maybe Basic Sausage was off at that tournament, but he's definitely better than you, so I don't think you should say he's not good at all.

Jski

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm i hope this has not been said already i did not take the time to read all 77 pages. Any way i feel that this issue has been so polarizing that even if meta knight is not ban from play there is all ways going to be a stigma on people whom play meta knight. This may keep the numbers of people to use him or to get good with him down but when it comes to winning money pepole are going to play the characters that they feel who going to win and not so much for fun. In short its these money only things that keeps this game down well the winning at any cost these money only breeds. Well this is how i see it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
75% of the people that want MK banned have been registered on this website for less than a year and were never competitive in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Smash 64. You can find ALOT of people that have been on smashboards for less than a year, post in this thread about how they want to ban MK. See for yourself, one example is mimic_king.

Basically, look at the join date of players and notice they want MK banned because they are n00bs.

True fax, with proof.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
75% of the people that want MK banned have been registered on this website for less than a year and were never competitive in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Smash 64. You can find ALOT of people that have been on smashboards for less than a year, post in this thread about how they want to ban MK. See for yourself, one example is mimic_king.

Basically, look at the join date of players and notice they want MK banned because they are n00bs.

True fax, with proof.
I wanted MK to be banned, but I still said that he shouldn't be banned for fairness reasons, so you can't give me as an example. My vote was for him to not be banned.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman

True fax, with proof.
lol scrub who u play with. I want him banned and still I manage to beat a lot of good MK here with in PR. And believe me not MK scrubs. MK that are same or better caliber than Inui, Korn,Dojo etc.

Its just he dominates too much it makes the game sad. But that is what happens when u try to make a party game into a competitive fighter game.

Melee FTW now this is a real game.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No dude wherever the heck you are from you do not have MK players that are the same level as top American players. Every other country that has ever thought such things since the dawn of competitive Smash has been rocked hardcore by our players.

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
Okay, it's these sorts of reasons why "tiers are for queers" is such a popular phrase amongst casual players.

Smash is for fun, right? This is something everyone can agree on, no matter how they play Smash. If someone enjoys playing tournaments, who are we to say (or anyone, for that matter) they can take Metaknight and play him competitively. No ones saying you can't play Metaknight. I personally would prefer that everyone play Metaknight and have fun than everyone playing different characters and bawwing at thefew that do about him being banned. : /

Secondly, Metaknight may be flying ahead of the rest of the cast, but according to Ankoku's thread in Tactical Discussion (which can't be perfectly accurate, agreed, but it'll do for this point) Metaknights aren't winning the majority of tournaments. >_> I can understand if MK was winning about 50% ofall tournaments, but according to the aforementioned thread MK is winning around 15 (that's rounded up, guys) percent of tournaments. As long as that number stas below... 35%, I'd say MK should not be banned.

Lastly... there's still time for other metagames to improve (back in melee was it called foxgames? *weak applause*) and Metaknight counter to come forth.

~Mottsy~

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Why is this still an issue? Meta Knight wasn't banned. Big deal. You can't do anything about it. Unless...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol scrub who u play with. I want him banned and still I manage to beat a lot of good MK here with in PR. And believe me not MK scrubs. MK that are same or better caliber than Inui, Korn,Dojo etc.

Its just he dominates too much it makes the game sad. But that is what happens when u try to make a party game into a competitive fighter game.

Melee FTW now this is a real game.
i find it sorta ironic that your saying that MK dominates too much at most MK was 46%, and before on ankonku's list he was 26%, and marth was 55% in melee. lolol

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Okay, it's these sorts of reasons why "tiers are for queers" is such a popular phrase amongst casual players.

Smash is for fun, right? This is something everyone can agree on, no matter how they play Smash. If someone enjoys playing tournaments, who are we to say (or anyone, for that matter) they can take Metaknight and play him competitively. No ones saying you can't play Metaknight. I personally would prefer that everyone play Metaknight and have fun than everyone playing different characters and bawwing at thefew that do about him being banned. : /

Secondly, Metaknight may be flying ahead of the rest of the cast, but according to Ankoku's thread in Tactical Discussion (which can't be perfectly accurate, agreed, but it'll do for this point) Metaknights aren't winning the majority of tournaments. >_> I can understand if MK was winning about 50% ofall tournaments, but according to the aforementioned thread MK is winning around 15 (that's rounded up, guys) percent of tournaments. As long as that number stas below... 35%, I'd say MK should not be banned.

Lastly... there's still time for other metagames to improve (back in melee was it called foxgames? *weak applause*) and Metaknight counter to come forth.

~Mottsy~
Keep dreaming about your magic MK counter. He'll never exist.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'd like to note that I would dominate every MK player if it were not for the Whorenado. That is all.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Tornado is so easy to stop, everyone knows the counter to it with each characters nowadays...Most of Nado spammers I know stop doing it whorely because it wasn't working anymore.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I wanted MK to be banned, but I still said that he shouldn't be banned for fairness reasons, so you can't give me as an example. My vote was for him to not be banned.
I apologize. Your sig is misleading and so was your previous comment. I think Snake is WAY too overpowered, but even then, I don't want him banned. Whenever you play against Snake it's like SSBB changes from a fighting game into a third person shooter game. lol. That's how I see it. But yeah, no character in brawl should be banned.

And Infinite Dimensional Caping should not be banned, it's basically a long dodge, that is only humanly temporary.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I apologize. Your sig is misleading and so was your previous comment. I think Snake is WAY too overpowered, but even then, I don't want him banned. Whenever you play against Snake it's like SSBB changes from a fighting game into a third person shooter game. lol. That's how I see it. But yeah, no character in brawl should be banned.

And Infinite Dimensional Caping should not be banned, it's basically a long dodge, that is only humanly temporary.
It's banned for inability to tell if one is stalling. And the SBR is too freakin hard-headed to accept any proposals that deal with the stalling problem. -_-

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Untrue, JC shine infinite isn't humanly possible because hand spasms mess you up before you can tack on 40 damage. It's functionally a crapshoot.

IDC however, people have held it for extensive periods, if it can be held for over a minute then hand spasms killing it is not a problem.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Untrue, JC shine infinite isn't humanly possible because hand spasms mess you up before you can tack on 40 damage. It's functionally a crapshoot.

IDC however, people have held it for extensive periods, if it can be held for over a minute then hand spasms killing it is not a problem.
From what I can see, only those with Wiimote+nunchuck have held it for significantly long periods.

But I digress. It's banned for stalling matches (and using it at all will be treated as attempt to stall), but the SBR is too stubborn to accept a proposal dealing with that.

*sigh* I wish more people would post in the IDC thread in the MK boards. Instead of living ignorance and going "lol IDC was so brokn".

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
No dude wherever the heck you are from you do not have MK players that are the same level as top American players. Every other country that has ever thought such things since the dawn of competitive Smash has been rocked hardcore by our players.
Dude get ur facts right ok. First USA is like 1000 bigger than us. PR is small so if u take a random # of guys the probability of that player being good is bigger on ur side. Second in last evo PR finished 2nd place on tekken. The year Before there was a guy who finished 9 on melee he used peach. And in CvS2 we have one of the best Player in the world he won in a japan tournament 1st place. So thats big considering we are starting now on the competitive senario and we have to travel to get to USA etc etc.

Anyway my coment was not to try to make u feel like u were not good. but since u insist ill just say this. U can talk **** all u want cause maybe u know the right people but I've seen some vids on youtube about u and man I can take u real easy. u could be warm up for the best of PR. ur not that Great (now that is in melee) I can even put money on it. On brawl well anyone can " look good" cause brawl dont require that much tech skill and if its MK way easier u can win with B button to scrubs.

Now I have gone 2 times to USA and good people know I can play good. But I dont need anyone to back up my **** I just let my hand do the talking ( in this case the controller)

Now I dont mean to offend anyone.but u dont impress me. And this is what happens to the USA people get over confident but then they see their *** getting ***** all the time. I've been in fighters all my life and Japanese players always kicked American ***. Because they care too much about tier list. The only game that The US of A was superior was smash Melee and the best player was oriental heritage lol. So much for USA being the best lol

And this comes from a US citizen cause PR is an American Territory so take some history lessons before speaking.

And just in case there are a lot of good smash player in USA and I have a lot of respect for them.

i find it sorta ironic that your saying that MK dominates too much at most MK was 46%, and before on ankonku's list he was 26%, and marth was 55% in melee. lolol
dude dont compare Brawl to Melee. Never. In brawl the advantages in tier list are too much. Its hard to see a link or a Cptn Falcon beat an MK, DDD, G&W etc. in melee u had a chance u could exploit that character to 110%. U could see ganons ******. Roy (neo) he was too good. Even Y.link with (Caveman) beating Fox and falcos. IC with Chu. U could even see a pichu chaingrabing a Fox to death. And Yes I've heard people saying Marth was the MK of melee but he had bad match ups and he could be gimped. who can ever gimp MK. He always comes back. A game that ur suposed to take ur opponet our of ring and the ir one character that just simply cant be gimped coming back. Unless he is a scrub

metaXzero

Smash Champion
well you COULD make a new thread in TD saying "i believe that MK's IDC should be unbanned"... if you do i will post first and say inb4noobsaysdontmakeMKbetter
I did that. And a mod closed it saying basically "it's unmistakably brokn!" without even making a credible explanation

If I make another thread, they'll probably close it again and brush off my proposal like the stubborn jerks they are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom