• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
From what I can see, only those with Wiimote+nunchuck have held it for significantly long periods.
Before it got banned I had it for over a minute, and at the rate I was improving I would've perfected it pretty soon. Lol, it was banned because of people like me, I have no objections getting a single dtilt in then IDCing for 8 minutes, because I play to win.

Still, if they wii-mote is the best way to do this then, why not use the wii-mote? That would become the new standard control scheme.

But I digress. It's banned for stalling matches (and using it at all will be treated as attempt to stall), but the SBR is too stubborn to accept a proposal dealing with that.

*sigh* I wish more people would post in the IDC thread in the MK boards. Instead of living ignorance and going "lol IDC was so brokn".
Dude, I SAW your proposal, and told you to present it to people. I definitely see some issues with ruleset principals, but it's at least worth the community taking a look at it.

Now I dont mean to offend anyone.but u dont impress me. And this is what happens to the USA people get over confident but then they see their *** getting ***** all the time. I've been in fighters all my life and Japanese players always kicked American ***. Because they care too much about tier list. The only game that The US of A was superior was smash Melee and the best player was oriental heritage lol. So much for USA being the best lol
*cringes*

Oriental?

Seriously?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's ignorance, but PLEASE, say East Asian. "Oriental" is very derogatory.

Anyway, you're wrong. Top players have varied heritages. You might specifically be thinking of Ken, but he's one example, there are plenty of other top and ex-top players.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
adumbrodeus. I DID try and present my proposal to people! But the mods closed my thread with the general words of "It's unmistakenly broken". No explanation. Just that general statement.....

-_____________-

If I make another thread, they will probably close it again (stuck-up jerks).

brinboy789

Smash Champion
dude dont compare Brawl to Melee. Never. In brawl the advantages in tier list are too much. Its hard to see a link or a Cptn Falcon beat an MK, DDD, G&W etc. in melee u had a chance u could exploit that character to 110%. U could see ganons ******. Roy (neo) he was too good. Even Y.link with (Caveman) beating Fox and falcos. IC with Chu. U could even see a pichu chaingrabing a Fox to death. And Yes I've heard people saying Marth was the MK of melee but he had bad match ups and he could be gimped. who can ever gimp MK. He always comes back. A game that ur suposed to take ur opponet our of ring and the ir one character that just simply cant be gimped coming back. Unless he is a scrub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5DEnaS6alc

i remember watching tajs M2 go against M2K's marth and when taj got M2K down one stock he was like "I GOT ONE, I GOT ONE" and thats only ONE stock, he didnt get any more. taj is unquestionably the best M2, and he was shouting because he got ONE stock off of M2K.

ganon isnt ******, but have you seen kosk? no i didnt think so.
in melee there was never a win besides in the top 5, and if it happened, it is only rarely. marth has actually killing power, something MK doesnt have.

marth = 55%
MK = 46% max, at the end of ankonku's list he was diminished down to 26%. literally LESS THEN HALF of marths dominance. -_-;

metaXzero

Smash Champion
so? its still 55% either way. besides it couldnt have been JUST ken m2k and azen winning 55% of all melee tourneys
So maybe they are just really good players who are comfortable with Marth instead of Marth being overpowered? After all, Ken and M2K have good Fox's too, and Azen was good with alot of characters.

And the results AZ showed to prove Marth's "dominance" 2004-now were basically Ken, Azen, and M2K ****** everything...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
So maybe they are just really good players who are comfortable with Marth instead of Marth being overpowered? After all, Ken and M2K have good Fox's too, and Azen was good with alot of characters.

And the results AZ showed to prove Marth's "dominance" 2004-now were basically Ken, Azen, and M2K ****** everything...
so maybe it is just really good players who are comfortable with MK instead of MK being overpowered?

and yea, they contributed alot, but still, MK is LESS THEN HALF of marths dominance. srsly?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
so maybe it is just really good players who are comfortable with MK instead of MK being overpowered?

and yea, they contributed alot, but still, MK is LESS THEN HALF of marths dominance. srsly?
I never said MK was overpowered. Though you can apply that logic to Brawl's rankings (it's mostly M2K anyway IIRC). One thing though, MK is at the current metagame, the undisputed top character. While Marth has Fox and Sheik contending with him in the case of Top character.

You also have to remember, "Marth" took (2004-now) 4-5 years to get those results...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Everybody main MK, and then MK can win like every tournament, and then maybe they will ban him? ;oo

if everybody used falcon, and then falcon wins every tourney, then maybe they will ban him? ;oo

I never said MK was overpowered. Though you can apply that logic to Brawl's rankings (it's mostly M2K anyway IIRC). One thing though, MK is at the current metagame, the undisputed top character. While Marth has Fox and Sheik contending with him in the case of Top character.

You also have to remember, "Marth" took (2004-now) 4-5 years to get those results...
i liked the first sentence

i am not arguing that MK is the undisputed best (although several people are saying snake) marth isnt the best, but he has 55% tourney dominance. im not for banning of anything though. banning = last resort.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Dude get ur facts right ok. First USA is like 1000 bigger than us. PR is small so if u take a random # of guys the probability of that player being good is bigger on ur side. Second in last evo PR finished 2nd place on tekken. The year Before there was a guy who finished 9 on melee he used peach. And in CvS2 we have one of the best Player in the world he won in a japan tournament 1st place. So thats big considering we are starting now on the competitive senario and we have to travel to get to USA etc etc.
Irrelevant, how you do in one fighter =/= how you do in another.

Anyway my coment was not to try to make u feel like u were not good. but since u insist ill just say this. U can talk **** all u want cause maybe u know the right people but I've seen some vids on youtube about u and man I can take u real easy. u could be warm up for the best of PR. ur not that Great (now that is in melee) I can even put money on it. On brawl well anyone can " look good" cause brawl dont require that much tech skill and if its MK way easier u can win with B button to scrubs.
But if looking good at the game is ambiguous then it's kind of stupid to say that you can discern who's good or not. Also tech skill =/= winning, Silent Wolf didn't win Pound 3 did he? Nope, a Jiggs won it...the character with the LEAST tech skill required in the game HANDS DOWN.

By the way, I will bet 50 dollars that Inui playing on his worst day (i.e. climbing a mountain johns) is better than you. Play this match at GENESIS on friendlies day, I will even get him fukkin drunk as hell and I will kick him in the groin a few times and knee him in the face and he'll still beat you.

Now I have gone 2 times to USA and good people know I can play good. But I dont need anyone to back up my **** I just let my hand do the talking ( in this case the controller)
Wait, you mean you actually show your **** covered hand to people after you tried to stop yourself from ****ting yourself? Gross dude. Don't come to the US, please.

EDIT: Oh wait you let the controller do the talking. Wait...you back up your ****s with your controllers? Dude control yourself :/

Now I dont mean to offend anyone.but u dont impress me. And this is what happens to the USA people get over confident but then they see their *** getting ***** all the time. I've been in fighters all my life and Japanese players always kicked American ***. Because they care too much about tier list. The only game that The US of A was superior was smash Melee and the best player was oriental heritage lol. So much for USA being the best lol
Wait, Mew2King has black hairl? PC Chris has squinty eyes? Mango uses chopsticks? Wow dude, news to me.

Also OTHER FIGHTERS =/= SMASH. Just because the United States is good at baseball doesn't mean they kick azz at soccer, tennis or cricket lol.

EDIT: Just in case people think I'm being racist, I'm clearly kidding and making jokes out of racial stereotypes.

And this comes from a US citizen cause PR is an American Territory so take some history lessons before speaking.

And just in case there are a lot of good smash player in USA and I have a lot of respect for them.
Except you identify yourself as culturally connected to Puerto Rico, so legal citizenship isn't really important in this case.

Also I'm glad you recognize our skill.

dude dont compare Brawl to Melee. Never. In brawl the advantages in tier list are too much. Its hard to see a link or a Cptn Falcon beat an MK, DDD, G&W etc. in melee u had a chance u could exploit that character to 110%. U could see ganons ******. Roy (neo) he was too good. Even Y.link with (Caveman) beating Fox and falcos. IC with Chu. U could even see a pichu chaingrabing a Fox to death. And Yes I've heard people saying Marth was the MK of melee but he had bad match ups and he could be gimped. who can ever gimp MK. He always comes back. A game that ur suposed to take ur opponet our of ring and the ir one character that just simply cant be gimped coming back. Unless he is a scrub
There are some cases where you can compare Brawl to Melee. Never is a strong word, it implies that the games share no similarities in regards to situations. Also tell me what people, besides Chu, won or came close to winning nationals with low tier characters at the peak of Melee metagame (MLG 06 - Pound 3).

Also this is your own perception of tier advantage. The metagame in Brawl may not be at ALL close to being at its full potential, stop speaking like you know everything.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumbrodeus. I DID try and present my proposal to people! But the mods closed my thread with the general words of "It's unmistakenly broken". No explanation. Just that general statement.....

-_____________-

If I make another thread, they will probably close it again (stuck-up jerks).
Pm, and ask for a review, making it clear that you're proposing a possibility that deals with the issue.

Also, I'd ask Yuna for his commentary on it

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Pm, and ask for a review, making it clear that you're proposing a possibility that deals with the issue.

Also, I'd ask Yuna for his commentary on it
Forget it. Mods freaking ignore my PMs now.

I'll try making another thread here in TD and show ya. Please see it and post any problems.

And get Yuna. He can actually rip apart a thread.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Anyway my coment was not to try to make u feel like u were not good. but since u insist ill just say this. U can talk **** all u want cause maybe u know the right people but I've seen some vids on youtube about u and man I can take u real easy. u could be warm up for the best of PR. ur not that Great (now that is in melee) I can even put money on it. On brawl well anyone can " look good" cause brawl dont require that much tech skill and if its MK way easier u can win with B button to scrubs.

Now I have gone 2 times to USA and good people know I can play good. But I dont need anyone to back up my **** I just let my hand do the talking ( in this case the controller)

And this comes from a US citizen cause PR is an American Territory so take some history lessons before speaking.

And just in case there are a lot of good smash player in USA and I have a lot of respect for them.
MM me. Any amount. Literally any. $3000, like Justin Wong vs Yipes? I'm game.

All of my singles vids are abysmal and portray me at my worst. I specialize in teams, and my teams vids are very impressive.

If you're really judging off of vids, you're an idiot in for a real surprise.

So, since you can take me easily and I'd be just warm-up for your crappy little island, MM me for a vast sum of money please.

Keep in mind that you started this garbage by posting stupidity over and over with horrendous grammar that is annoying to read. ;)

Edit: I'd prefer to MM in Brawl, but I will also do Melee. I can still play that game.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow, America ***** every other country in Smash you loser. Go back to wherever you came from and get ***** by everyone here. Don't come in here talkin like your country is something, cuz it's not.

I hate when people from other countries try to diss America @ Melee.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
Wow, America ***** every other country in Smash you loser. Go back to wherever you came from and get ***** by everyone here. Don't come in here talkin like your country is something, cuz it's not.

I hate when people from other countries try to diss America @ Melee.
And then you wonder why people hate Americans.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Japanese and oriental are different. You're comparing Japanese to American and saying the best player is from oriental heritage. Big difference. Oriental can mean Thai, Chinese, Taiwanese, lots of other things. So you can't give the best player being oriental as an excuse to Japanese being better. The best player of Melee WASN'T Japanese. That statement doesn't prove your point of Japanese being the best.

Troll.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And then you wonder why people hate Americans.
Wait... you're taking somebody's exaggerated yet exceptional response to massive ignorance and then generalizing it the entire American population, AND THEN using it to excuse who hate Americans...

God... some people...

Japanese and oriental are different. You're comparing Japanese to American and saying the best player is from oriental heritage. Big difference. Oriental can mean Thai, Chinese, Taiwanese, lots of other things. So you can't give the best player being oriental as an excuse to Japanese being better. The best player of Melee WASN'T Japanese. That statement doesn't prove your point of Japanese being the best.

Troll.
Don't forget that oriental is massively offensive.

But he's more saying that East Asians are better at video games then anyone else. Yay steriotypes!

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
Before it got banned I had it for over a minute, and at the rate I was improving I would've perfected it pretty soon. Lol, it was banned because of people like me, I have no objections getting a single dtilt in then IDCing for 8 minutes, because I play to win.

Oriental?

Seriously?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's ignorance, but PLEASE, say East Asian. "Oriental" is very derogatory.

Anyway, you're wrong. Top players have varied heritages. You might specifically be thinking of Ken, but he's one example, there are plenty of other top and ex-top players.
I'm sorry about that English is not my main language I was looking for the right word :( . When I said in my post "I dont mean to offend someone" I was saying it for that. But I think u all understand what I meant. and another thing is I forgot that people in the US gets offended fast when talking about stuff like that but in PR that doesnt happen is like we are all the same black, white, "East Asia"we are all the same here. So I'm gonna be carefull next time I dont want to get the wrong impressions.

To inui: dude dont waste My time please. I will gladly beat u in melee anytime soon. Just come over here. Trying to scare me with big amounts of money lol I bet u cant even fly here boy. If u are really interested ask permission first then come talk to me. There plenty of people here that play including myself.

I'm not interested in brawl cause even tough I play brawl I just do it for fun, Brawl cant be taken seriously.

And carefull with the "crappy island" ok I haven't talked **** about the US. And I dont have to PR and US have good relations is just that people like urself make u americans look bad anywere in the world no respect. shame.

Clowsui: The PR citizen bla bla bla ,I said that cause u people see spanish written or something and start asking or saying if Im mexican ( no offense here) but WTF lol. and well get him drunk and overconfident easier for me. And lol to the control and hand joke.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm sorry about that English is not my main language I was looking for the right word :( . When I said in my post "I dont mean to offend someone" I was saying it for that. But I think u all understand what I meant. and another thing is I forgot that people in the US gets offended fast when talking about stuff like that but in PR that doesnt happen is like we are all the same black, white, "East Asia"we are all the same here. So I'm gonna be carefull next time I dont want to get the wrong impressions.
I'm sure the next string of sentences keyed out on-screen are going to be about Puerto Rico's sunshine and rainbows too, right? Dude you should be mindful of whatever you say wherever you go. I'm sure tact there is the same as tact implied by the likes of Adumbrodeus.

To inui: dude dont waste My time please. I will gladly beat u in melee anytime soon. Just come over here. Trying to scare me with big amounts of money lol I bet u cant even fly here boy. If u are really interested ask permission first then come talk to me. There plenty of people here that play including myself.

I'm not interested in brawl cause even tough I play brawl I just do it for fun, Brawl cant be taken seriously.
>_> I'll steal a line from Chu Dat's book: Inui is good, dammit. lol

But seriously, you probably couldn't beat Florida's best let alone Inui. At either game.

And carefull with the "crappy island" ok I have talked **** about the US. And I dont have to PR and US have good relations is just that people like urself make us americans look bad anywere in the worlf no respect. shame.
Oh, so I guess you're justified in talking your smack? Whatever, man. That's called hypocrisy. What we're doing is retaliating to your crap, a sorta tit-for-tat deal. Of course it's not the most mature thing to do, but hey. It's the internet.

Clowsui: The PR citizen bla bla bla ,I said that cause u people see spanish written or something and start asking or saying if Im mexican ( no offense here) but WTF lol. and well get him drunk and overconfident easier for me. And lol to the control and hand joke.
I don't know what you're trying to get at here.

tl;dr

Shut up and move on. I think we're done here.

Smooth Criminal

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
yeah anyway MK has not been baned people should just deal with it
and it will maybe years to prove it

And yes its the internet, thats why we do what we do, ohhh the drama

mc4

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see a logical reason of how you go from ban meta knight to which country is better at the game. The top players are the only people who benefit from being top players, it doesn't matter where they are from. It's kinda like an argument between people with different hair colors. The top player has brown hair so now people with brown hair are better than people with blond or black etc. 1 or even a few people doesn't represent a whole nation, where you are from doesn't really have any bearing on your skill at smash brothers.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Looks like Fox Hater does not know what he's talking about.

Is an obvious troll is obvious?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Looks like Fox Hater does not know what he's talking about.

Is an obvious troll is obvious?
Not quite.

It's inevitable that the Americans will be better at Smash, considering their vast population and actual support for competitive gaming. I dunno about Japan, but the existence of competitive gaming in England is almost nil.
Loads of people + Competitive Scene = More exceptional players.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Not quite.

It's inevitable that the Americans will be better at Smash, considering their vast population and actual support for competitive gaming. I dunno about Japan, but the existence of competitive gaming in England is almost nil.
Ah, how right you are. :laugh:

Also, sentence QFT.

mimic_king

Smash Lord
Although that may logically be the case, it theoretically isn't true. What if there was some town with a bunch of stupid people who are often very competitive in games? They can all still suck.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I think US is superior in smash because smash was not taken seriously as a competitive game until the americans who most were kids by that time or youth proved it wrong For instance I always played smash 64 and melee but without adv techs until HDL came from the US in 2005 lucky for us. Well then we grew up as a comunity. Same happend in Japan.

But in other countries most people say its a kids game. Thats why.

But to say u are the best in the world. U have to play against England, Central & South America, Caribbean and Europe to say u are the best

mimic_king

Smash Lord
You have to play against a bunch of countries. Unless they don't know what a video game is. Like my grandparents' area, for example.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I think US is superior in smash because smash was not taken seriously as a competitive game until the americans who most were kids by that time or youth proved it wrong For instance I always played smash 64 and melee but without adv techs until HDL came from the US in 2005 lucky for us. Well then we grew up as a comunity. Same happend in Japan.

But in other countries most people say its a kids game. Thats why.

But to say u are the best in the world. U have to play against England, Central & South America, Caribbean and Europe to say u are the best
It doesn't work like that. If you are say a new comer to pro tennis, you don't demand for the best (or proclaimed best) in tennis to prove his or her position, because the fact is that the pro tennis player's position was earned from showing time and time again he was the best against other recognized competition. America has beaten every country in smash time and time again.....why do we have to prove it anymore? If you want to prove your country is the best, you have to come over here and prove it....not the other way around.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to some little island to play you in Melee. I'll gladly take your money in a big MM up here if you decide to attend a real tournament where players are actually good.

Ask permission to go? Boy? I'm 20 and travel all across the country freely and can afford to do so.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to some little island to play you in Melee. I'll gladly take your money in a big MM up here if you decide to attend a real tournament where players are actually good.

Ask permission to go? Boy? I'm 20 and travel all across the country freely and can afford to do so.
My man do what u want. It doesn't change that u still suck badly at melee. I'm not the one pissed off by others post. IF u really were good u only would have ignored my posts but deep down u know u are a scrub. Keep the good work at bawwl. If the oportunity comes I would gladly play u and win and no grudges.

NesN00b: u are right USA doesnt have anything to proved they already did it, well Ken Isai .... etc proved it. Its just like saying that a PR boxer is better than a USA (white) boxer because we have always beated white guys in boxing and the only competition we have are mexicans or african american ones . Its a tendency cause here boxing is practiced more.

But that doesnt give the right to some scrub say its better just because he is from US of A. He has to prove it. doesnt have to come anywhere if he does not want to. but until he does he is just good between the people he played with.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
My man do what u want. It doesn't change that u still suck badly at melee. I'm not the one pissed off by others post. IF u really were good u only would have ignored my posts but deep down u know u are a scrub. Keep the good work at bawwl. If the oportunity comes I would gladly play u and win and no grudges.
Sorry, Inui is acknowledged at being an amazing player.

If you want to be taken seriously when getting into a p***ing contest about skill with inui, prove that you're worthy, give us some vids to work off.

I must admit I'm not very knowledgable about PR's smash scene, if you're actually an amazing player, then I'd love to see you come down and MM Inui, but unless you can prove that you're actually good enough to play Inui (which is a high bar), then nobody will take you seriously.

And it's not because he's insecure or anything, he just always is willing to get into this sort of thing. A couple of pages in the "ban metaknight" thread were devoted to whether Inui is a top player or not.

NesN00b: u are right USA doesnt have anything to proved they already did it, well Ken Isai .... etc proved it. Its just like saying that a PR boxer is better than a USA (white) boxer because we have always beated white guys in boxing and the only competition we have are mexicans or african american ones . Its a tendency cause here boxing is practiced more.
Ok, firstly, everyone from America is American, unless they're a resident alien. Skin color is irrelevant.

I think what you mean is, "just because PR does better in general at boxing then the the US doesn't mean that any PR boxer can beat any US boxer".

But that doesn't apply here, because Inui isn't just any American, he's Inui.

But that doesnt give the right to some scrub say its better just because he is from US of A. He has to prove it. doesnt have to come anywhere if he does not want to. but until he does he is just good between the people he played with.
Dude, one thing that you need to realize, and something we've been trying to impress on you, is that this isn't a random scrub.

He's Inui, and he's an amazing smasher. And until you show us something to prove that you are as well, well we're not gonna treat you any different then any of the million US noobs who say that they can kill Inui.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No offense, but i don't think inui is a great melee player. Brawl, he is really good...but melee he is fairly mediocre. I remember 3 stocking him twice in a MM in december of 07

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No offense, but i don't think inui is a great melee player. Brawl, he is really good...but melee he is fairly mediocre. I remember 3 stocking him twice in a MM in december of 07
What? Are you ********? You won 2-0, but both matches were last stock.

Wow... Don't just make crap up like that.

It was also a really long time ago and I obviously got better since then. I still play the game.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
What? Are you ********? You won 2-0, but both matches were last stock.
It's still 2-0, with no victories from you in the set.

>_> I wouldn't exactly call that close. Maybe 2-1, sure. But not 2-0.

Edit:

I don't think any of us doubt that you've gotten better, though. *shrug.* You play with some of the best people in the country so it's only natural that their **** rubs off on you.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom