• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR official stance on Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
yep but the people thinking, "man its not THAT bad, yay" are wrong as soon as MK learns matchup. Get *****.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Are people really still discussing this MK ban issue? Its over cant we let it rest in peace?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yeah probably cause Sheik's KO moves sucks and her amazing DACUS is so hard to master. She isn't one of the best and she has high learning curve.

'V'

Smash Lord
I thought the thread was supposed to be closed a long time ago...

Edit: I must be the only one who didn't find Sheik's or Link's DACUS's hard to learn.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yep but the people thinking, "man its not THAT bad, yay" are wrong as soon as MK learns matchup. Get *****.
how do you know? you dont play sheik lol

even if he learns, i bet it probably wont be that bad

old mocha, yeah haha, it took a little while but now i get it pretty consistnetly

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
In fact, there's really only a few characters that really get "*****" by Meta Knight. The more the metagame advances and people not just whine about the masked puffball, the more matchups go from "omg we lose so much D:" to "Oh, cool, it's not THAT bad, actually".
Characters with sluggish metagame, though, do indeed get ***** by Meta Knight, one of the characters with the most advanced metagame in Brawl.
This. Couldn't agree more.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
her DACUS is fun to perform, hard to use it on command. I find performing other characters DACUS' actually helps with the strict timing on hers

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha even sheik mains have trouble getting it consistently

i do it around 50% of the time now in matches. whiffing and doing a dsmash/dash attack really isn't that bad, cuz the spacing i use for dacus usually won't get me punished anyway.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In fact, there's really only a few characters that really get "*****" by Meta Knight. The more the metagame advances and people not just whine about the masked puffball, the more matchups go from "omg we lose so much D:" to "Oh, cool, it's not THAT bad, actually".
Characters with sluggish metagame, though, do indeed get ***** by Meta Knight, one of the characters with the most advanced metagame in Brawl.
^ It's still fun to make Meta Knight jokes though! :chuckle:

But in all honesty, I agree with the SBR. While I'm neither pro or anti-Meta Knight banning, I think the best route is to leave it to region-specific areas. If one region is having minimal Meta Knight problems, leave him unbanned. If one region is having some Meta Knight troubles, then maybe try banning him at a few tournies to see how things turn out. If one region is having Meta Knight dominate without any competition, ban him (so you're meta game with other characters will advance).

Really, I think the issue comes down to how advanced each characters meta games are advancing, & Meta Knight is clearly above & beyond the most advanced in terms of overall meta game. Once other characters get their deserved meta game advancings, they'll be real competitors. Heck-maybe Captain Falcon will be top tier some day! :chuckle:
NOT!

I guess we can still count on the SBR to do the right thing. At least that's one group we can count on... >_>

Xerit

Smash Apprentice
Yeah its all about metagame!

All i have to do is advance D3's metagame and that will give me ungimpable recovery and a frame advantage on the entire cast.

Oh wait...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
There was never any reason to ban MK, who as a whole isn't nearly as good a character as Fox is in Melee.

Get ***** whiny brawlscrubs.
You're dumb. Fox didn't ever win big tournaments. Metaknight wins almost every single one.
You should have at least compared him to Marth, who actually won in Melee.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
mango seems to be taking all of the big tournament wins.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
In really high level play, Falcon will always be a low tier character. He's the 2nd worst character in the game. He doesn't have advantage against anyone.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Yeah its all about metagame!

All i have to do is advance D3's metagame and that will give me ungimpable recovery and a frame advantage on the entire cast.

Oh wait...
Lol so true, metagame won't change MKs laggless, frame whatnot attacks.

NatP

Smash Ace
How about everyone starts talking on banning DDD's standing infinite? It absolutely kills 2 characters (DK and Bowser) and makes a matchup harder than it should be (Samus, Mario and Luigi) It's like the DK DDD matchup isn't already annoying enough with the normal cg. >_>

cutter

Smash Champion
How about everyone starts talking on banning DDD's standing infinite? It absolutely kills 2 characters (DK and Bowser) and makes a matchup harder than it should be (Samus, Mario and Luigi) It's like the DK DDD matchup isn't already annoying enough with the normal cg. >_>
Because there is no good reason to warrant a ban on DDD's standing/smallstep infinites.

It doesn't break the game, and it doesn't devolve the game into "Play DDD or lose."

****, with that mentality, we might as well ban Melee Sheik's Dthrow chaingrabs because they do the exact same thing as DDD's infinites, except on MORE characters than DDD can ever hope to shut down.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
marth, fox, shiek, falco and now jiggs (somewhat) all had their time on top in melee(each usually dominating for anywhere from 6 months to 2 1/2 years).

MK is no different, less than 2 years in to brawls life(and he hasn't even won all major tourneys).

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
marth, fox, shiek, falco and now jiggs (somewhat) all had their time on top in melee(each usually dominating for anywhere from 6 months to 2 1/2 years).

MK is no different, less than 2 years in to brawls life(and he hasn't even won all major tourneys).
No, MKs been pretty solid on winning most big tournaments since at least Fall last year, when Snake wasnt the most troubling thing anymore.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
snake just won the biggest brawl tourney.

and marth is harder to play than fox in melee.

spacing tips is alot harder at high level play than drill shinning 1/3 of the playable characters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
knowing which hitstun to use is IMO the barrier between solving any melee character vs brawl character debates lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
SNES Results (out of 141 entrants)
1st: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2nd: Ally (Snake)
3rd: M2K (MK)
4th: Lain (Ice Climbers, King Dedede)
5th: Anther (Pikachu)
5th: Atomsk (King Dedede, Luigi)
7th: Pikapika (Pikachu)
7th: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)

Clearly the SBR made the wrong decision...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
SNES Results (out of 141 entrants)
1st: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2nd: Ally (Snake)
3rd: M2K (MK)
4th: Lain (Ice Climbers, King Dedede)
5th: Anther (Pikachu)
5th: Atomsk (King Dedede, Luigi)
7th: Pikapika (Pikachu)
7th: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)

Clearly the SBR made the wrong decision...
If MK was banned, Ganondorf would be in the top 8, since he will be viable afterwards. Obviously the SBR made the wrong decision!

Oh and... Close the thread before people come in and start saying that it's just 1 example, or that M2K had some hidden johns, or w/e. :bee:

Deoxyribonucleic_acid

Smash Cadet
If MK was banned, Ganondorf would be in the top 8, since he will be viable afterwards. Obviously the SBR made the wrong decision!

Oh and... Close the thread before people come in and start saying that it's just 1 example, or that M2K had some hidden johns, or w/e. :bee:
Watch people start idiotically saying that M2K sandbagged.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man, good stuff reflex, and pikapika coming out of the abyss and ******, good stuff. i really like those results

the presence of pikachus forcing atomsk to counter pick was cool

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm a little late on this, but I just got back from Australia 2 days ago, so bear with me.

I'm confused as to why this is the last poll/vote, when the game has been out less than a year and a half. Could an SBR member (preferably a leader, someone like Hylian or Panda) please explain this? I apologize if this has already been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom