• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR official stance on Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Right now, is the SBR accepting new members? And if so, is it invite only or can we still give in the application through the user CP and theyl read it?
out of thousands of posts, 3-4 people really stood out during the MK poll while in the general public. that would have been the idea time to score recommendation points while almost the entire SBR was reading it daily.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
^^

That sig is hilarious since it's seems true.

I still fell we should focus on improving the metagame of the low tiers and/or underused characters.

Time to use more Yoshi, Lucas, and others people.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno, I try using MK, I just prefer Kirby and ZSS wayyy more, especially Kirby. God, I love that character. Not having notable weaknesses is such an awesome thing...

I guess I'll keep learning MK for the lolz in tourneys when I play a rndom MK hater. Heheheh...

Kirby IS too much fun. I blame the down taunt mostly. MK is only fun when you're mad and need to vent, but even then, it's not fun to be hated.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
wait, you like kirby for not having major weaknesses, and you dont like MK?

wtf?

I call shenanigans
lol :D

I'm weird like that. I dunno, Kirby has bair and vertical gimping moves. Plus a couple of things he does has me loving his move-set so much. ZSS isn't far behind, she combos legitly (as in, 3+ unescapable, consecutive hits).

And I'm guessing I was TWiNK's influence on seconding Kirby...? You actually like him? So, my tourney advice worked? :D

lol :D

I'm weird like that. I dunno, Kirby has bair and vertical gimping moves. Plus a couple of things he does has me loving his move-set so much. ZSS isn't far behind, she combos legitly (as in, 3+ unescapable, consecutive hits).

And I'm guessing I was TWiNK's influence on seconding Kirby...? You actually like him? So, my tourney advice worked? :D
Not really. I tried to second Kirby before the tournament, but as fun as he was, I wasn't good with him. I stopped trying to use Kirby and started learning how to use Falcon, since my friends always wanted to Falcon dittos (epic!).

However, you DID encourage me to pick him up again. I looked at our videos like a million times, and I tried to do some of the stuff you do, and it was fun! BTW, I sent you a replay of a lucky BS Kirby combo I did against my brother, but since you don't have your Wii, I doubt you saw it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
out of thousands of posts, 3-4 people really stood out during the MK poll while in the general public. that would have been the idea time to score recommendation points while almost the entire SBR was reading it daily.

While i hope im one of them(who am i kidding XD), thats not where i was getting at. Do we have to apply or does the SBR invite the people to them? I understand recommendations make you more likely to be chosen, but do you filter out people who dont officially apply?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i remember in the BRoom, they would get together with threads and say 'its about time again' and talk about new people who they would want in the room

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Is it lock time yet?
It's been lock time forever ago, if that even makes sense, heheheh.

However, you DID encourage me to pick him up again. I looked at our videos like a million times, and I tried to do some of the stuff you do, and it was fun! BTW, I sent you a replay of a lucky BS Kirby combo I did against my brother, but since you don't have your Wii, I doubt you saw it.
Nice to know I was partially responsible, TWiNK. Hohohohoho~

To answer swordgard's question: I bet you can send a join request (it IS a public usergroup), but I don't think that they'll accept it. Unless you accidentally left the group then send the join request to regain access, or something of that sort.

And a quick question: Who's seen an influx of MK's in their tourneys yet? Is it even happening? I guess there'll be a bit more due to not having the fear that time used on MK will be time wasted, but not a whole LOT more than we originally thought...

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
It seems like the discussion has finally ended, so I think this thread should be closed now.
:)

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's due to the regional bias in the SBR as well as the campaigning INSIDE the SBR about Pro ban or Anti ban....

It's ironically identical to American elections :O

'V'

Smash Lord
Honestly... Does it really matter anymore at this point anyway? What's done is done. Go and do whatever it is you feel like doing.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's due to the regional bias in the SBR as well as the campaigning INSIDE the SBR about Pro ban or Anti ban....

It's ironically identical to American elections :O
It's all politics.

SBR functions very simularly to the US Supreme Court, so a lot of the dynamics in decision-making in terms of the politics will come into play.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Ya know...this thread should have never been open...We had the huge thread to discuss this. This is one giant troll playground...

aeghrur

Smash Champion
It's all politics.

SBR functions very simularly to the US Supreme Court, so a lot of the dynamics in decision-making in terms of the politics will come into play.
Except the US Supreme Court is chosen by the POTUS who is elected by the people and the members can be impeached by Congress, who is also chosen by the people. Meanwhile, the SBR is not affected by the SWF community in these ways. =/

:093:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Except the US Supreme Court is chosen by the POTUS who is elected by the people and the members can be impeached by Congress, who is also chosen by the people. Meanwhile, the SBR is not affected by the SWF community in these ways. =/

:093:
True, but that is trounced by the fact that they're essentially powerless organizations that depend solely on legitimacy to have any effect on the community.

If everyone decided to stop listening to the SBR tomarrow, what would happen, I'll give you a hint, it's pretty much summed up by this, "John Marshall has rendered his decision, now let him enforce it."

With neither the power of the purse nor the sword, SCOTUS, like the SBR, depends on people's belief that they are worth listening to to make people listen to them, if people decided not to listen, they would be powerless.

'V'

Smash Lord
No, I like the SBR but honestly they need to get some people who are good with Low tier and Mid tier characters and not just High tiers.
I'm pretty sure the SBR is just looking for good people in general. Tiers and characters they use should have little to no involvement in this kind of discussion.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I agree with Old Mocha. They just look for people with a general higher level of knowledge about smash.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why would the SBR want somebody like clai (just as an example) when inui probably knows just as much about the character, and more aobut the game as a whole

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It sounds like you're saying people who play low tiers are less informed of the game in general... :/

'V'

Smash Lord
It sounds like you're saying people who play low tiers are less informed of the game in general... :/
I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I think he's just saying that the SBR is looking for people who have a great knowledge of the game that definitely stand out more than others. People who took a lot of time into literally studying every aspect of the game and being able to play well.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sure there are a lot of people who do that who play low tiers though too.
i'm not saying that the SBR is biased towards high tiers.
I'm just saying you're making it sounds like people who play high tiers are automatically better.

'V'

Smash Lord
I mean.. Xyro's a good example for that. He uses Samus as his main and he's in there , but I'm sure he's put a lot of research into every aspect of the game in order to earn his spot. So I'm really just saying that you have to be really able to stand out over the great majority of the community in order to get in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom