• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR official stance on Metaknight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Exactly. ;o
the bottom line is it's just how good you are at the game in general that matters.
doesn't matter who you play as, just as long as you know what you're talking about.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the SBR is just looking for good people in general. Tiers and characters they use should have little to no involvement in this kind of discussion.
Exactly. ;o
the bottom line is it's just how good you are at the game in general that matters.
doesn't matter who you play as, just as long as you know what you're talking about.
But that was what I was trying to say from the beginning...

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
I voted for the pro ban side, but thinking about it, i dont think its right to ban a character. thats a portion of brawl that would affect so many people from participating in tourneys

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think it was obvious from the beginning that he was never going to get banned.
the more the game progresses the less "broken" he seems.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
People added in the SBR (I'm guessing) have to do with their knowledge on their character, knowledge on the game in general, if they're great tourney hosts, proven to be able to think rationally and debate well, very friendly ("super secret smash friends club") in general, and also recommended by people within the SBR. Not all of them have to apply, though: you can be in the SBR and not be a director, and you can also be in the SBR while not being friendly (looks at Inui [/troll]).

Iunno, I'm guessing on what it says in the SBR-Brawl forum description.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
What? i'm not suppose to be the voice of reason. D:
there's something wrong with me.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This thread has been suggested to be closed on numerous occasions. They'll be ready to close it when they're ready.
And until then, I advise all people who have nothing that has to do with their personal opinions on the results of the MK debate just let it die... People like me keep checking back only to find lots of crappy posts asking why this thread isn't closed.

Just let it die, and it will die! No need to rush things. :dizzy:

swordgard

Smash Hero
I mean.. Xyro's a good example for that. He uses Samus as his main and he's in there , but I'm sure he's put a lot of research into every aspect of the game in order to earn his spot. So I'm really just saying that you have to be really able to stand out over the great majority of the community in order to get in there.

To be exact, xyros in there due to his TO position it would seem, which is something i disapprove alot because hosting tourneys=/=knowledgeable.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If that were the case i'd be in there. ;(
Why would that be...? o_O

Are you awesome? Do you have proof of this? How are you sure that the proof isn't proving that it's not real proof? It could be saying you're awesome, but sarcastically.

On a side note... Since we can't capitalize SpadeFox's "F" anymore, I'm gonna refer to him as OniShiba now. :bee:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you awesome? Do you have proof of this? How are you sure that the proof isn't proving that it's not real proof? It could be saying you're awesome, but sarcastically.
Yes.
Yes.
Because MK said so.
I AM NEVER SARCASTIC WTF.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
55% wants MK banned, SBR says he isnt ban worthy. People then suspect SBR of being corrupt. Its the only logical flow of ideas.
other than 55% of the community being n00bs and never playing other fighting games or anything competitive in thier lives(or try learning the MK matchup)?

thats the only logic i can see.

i mean, come on, in basketball(an already crappy sport) if one team is dunking all over the other team and not letting them score, do they ban the all black teams so the short asians have a chance???

no, the asians get better at the game and build robots to play for them.

close this thread please.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To be exact, xyros in there due to his TO position it would seem, which is something i disapprove alot because hosting tourneys=/=knowledgeable.
However, Xyro does host some of the biggest and most successful tournaments, and he is a good guy.

We make rulesets for TOs after all, and what good would it do to kick out the biggest and most influencing ones? Right, nothing.

Otherwise, pretty much every SBRoomer has knowledge about one or more Mid and Low Tiers, and many do participate in Low Tier tournaments, as well.

Also, lol @ Blatt's "the asians get better at the game and build robots to play for them".

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
other than 55% of the community being n00bs and never playing other fighting games or anything competitive in thier lives(or try learning the MK matchup)?
Don't generalize. I was pro-ban and I have played many other fighting games in my life. Right now I'm playing BlazBlue, Melee, Brawl, Call of Duty (competitive), and Soul Calibur series... And I'm very sure I know the MK MU with both Kirby and ZSS.

What's your point again?

swordgard

Smash Hero
However, Xyro does host some of the biggest and most successful tournaments, and he is a good guy.

We make rulesets for TOs after all, and what good would it do to kick out the biggest and most influencing ones? Right, nothing.

Otherwise, pretty much every SBRoomer has knowledge about one or more Mid and Low Tiers, and many do participate in Low Tier tournaments, as well.

Also, lol @ Blatt's "the asians get better at the game and build robots to play for them".

Good guy=/= knowledgeable, big tourney host=/=knowledgeable and good at debating.

I'm affraid the SBR may have been corrupt when choosing new members due to the MK ban topic(this doesnt concern xyro, its in general), aka say SBR recruited 3 new people and happened to be anti ban then pro ban will ask the 3 next ones to be pro-ban or else its a conspiracy.

And is that you spadefox under a new name? ( Avatar of fox+SBR....)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Xyro knows his stuff. His views about Meta Knight might be a bit delusioned, but that doesn't matter. Everyone has strong feelings somewhere. He's not that bad at discussing, and while he might not be the best debater, he still is a valuable addition to the SBR.

He has acknowledged that he was in the wrong about his conspiracy theories, and apologized. I think he is more mature than a lot of other SBRoomers, and he is very smart, even if he seems dumb at times.
I was questioning his addition too until recently, and now I think he's a very valuable asset in the SBR. :)

The last 3 people who joined the SBR are 2 Pro-Bans and 1 Anti-Ban, so... There you have that.

And lastly, yes, I'm Spadefox who changed his name.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Xyro knows his stuff. His views about Meta Knight might be a bit delusioned, but that doesn't matter. Everyone has strong feelings somewhere. He's not that bad at discussing, and while he might not be the best debater, he still is a valuable addition to the SBR.

He has acknowledged that he was in the wrong about his conspiracy theories, and apologized. I think he is more mature than a lot of other SBRoomers, and he is very smart, even if he seems dumb at times.
I was questioning his addition too until recently, and now I think he's a very valuable asset in the SBR. :)

The last 3 people who joined the SBR are 2 Pro-Bans and 1 Anti-Ban, so... There you have that.

And lastly, yes, I'm Spadefox who changed his name.

I have to admit i have very little sampling of his posts so i guess maybe i was overreacting, il believe you since you have access to more of his than me.

Good to know people inside the SBR are selft-critical, this way we can ensure it can never get corrupt.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol so the SBR members who are pro-ban don't know how to fight meta knight or play anything else competitively? lol screwed logic there.

I know how i am supposed to fight meta knight with all the characters i play (doesn't mean i do it well).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
i mean, come on, in basketball(an already crappy sport) if one team is dunking all over the other team and not letting them score, do they ban the all black teams so the short asians have a chance???

So racist, and also I know tons of asians who can kick your *** at basketball.

Edit: Didn't notice this. Basketball is an amazing game, why you hating? Btw, you also just managed to cement the impression that you're an uber-nerd who doesn't leave their parent's basement.

Suspect

Smash Hero
MK banned and and non mk banned tournies should have slightly different rules imo

if i cant cp mk against someone who is camping the hell outta me then at least let me take them to a gay stage

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
There was never any reason to ban MK, who as a whole isn't nearly as good a character as Fox is in Melee.

Get ***** whiny brawlscrubs.

day-day

Smash Ace

thats the only logic i can see.

Wow, that's pretty offensive to Ed, don't talk about basketball like that and your example has absolutely nothing to do with banning meta-knight. Not all asians are short as theirs plenty I play with who are twice my height. You also somewhat stereotyped asians as well.
On topic: Ed was pro-ban because I couldn't stand anything kirby in this game but now I think he should be left in. He may have the best priority and be #1 on the tier list but that doesn't mean that he can't be beat. I have way more trouble with my mains with Falco, Marth, and Pikachu. Although I haven't played any top MK's, the MK's I have played weren't that difficult to beat.
Now lets talk about that marth...lol jk

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
There was never any reason to ban MK, who as a whole isn't nearly as good a character as Fox is in Melee.

Get ***** whiny brawlscrubs.
Actually Metaknight compared to the S-Tier in Brawl is a little more imbalanced than the top 7 chars in Melee who all have fairly even matchups.

But MK still has two checks, IMO. IC's and Snake. That's what the metagame is showing, at least in my eyes, today.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol they certainly are very hyped right now, and ic's mains are considering that they have an advantage against mk

but pls do not consider banning them people, that would be dumb xD

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
In fact, there's really only a few characters that really get "*****" by Meta Knight. The more the metagame advances and people not just whine about the masked puffball, the more matchups go from "omg we lose so much D:" to "Oh, cool, it's not THAT bad, actually".
Characters with sluggish metagame, though, do indeed get ***** by Meta Knight, one of the characters with the most advanced metagame in Brawl.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
even sheik matchup is only 40-60 really, which isnt that bad. mk NEVER has sheik exp cuz there are like no sheik mains lol. honestly i dont even know how to play the mk matchup against sheik, theres probably a way though. but sheik is definitely fast and can keep up with mk in the pace of the game.

i just know dsmash is really good against sheik :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom