• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I love your fair spacing, but use zair over it if you have to choose. There were MULTIPLE times where you could have zaired his grenades and pulled off some damage AND spacing. Don't be so obvious with your CSes, heck, even I when watching knew when you was gonna do one, but I LOVE your use of homing missles though, you really apply that pressure. Also LOL at the last kill.
In the beginning when I picked up Brawl, I tried to stay away from zair. It wasn't until after I faced Rohins that I realized that I needed to use zair more. I still prefer using fair, because it has more hitstun on the opponent, seeing how it raises them off the ground only slightly even at higher percentages. But I can see your point, zairing grenades would be very helpful. And thank you for your feedback, its always nice to get pointers from a fellow Samus player.

About the charge shots...yeah, my younger brother told me the same thing, that he could tell me exactly when I was going to use them... funny thing though, he never did anything about it. I think knowing all the followups into charge shots helped me in Samus dittos though. I am pretty good at predicting when an opponent Samus is going to use their CS.

Thanks about the homing missle comment, I hadn't even thought about it, I guess that's second nature to me? And yeah, it was pretty much fail at that last stock. At least I know where the grenades hitbox reaches now.

Absolutly superb playstyle against TL. Your falling uair to double jab was very interesting, im stealing that :3. I just don't think that stage benefited you to much, it interupted your use of tilts, also, when facing TL, after shielding the first hit of his dair, UpB OoS, it hits him.
Falling uair to double jab is guaranteed as long as uair pops them in the air, but there are bound to be better options. I just do it because its easier, lol. Also, if you see the first jab didnt work, you can always cancel into something else. And the dair part, I was familiar with the upb OoS, I just wasn't aware of how much um...shield stun there was? Not sure if that's the right terminology here. I had tried buffering it sooner, but ended up just releasing my shield as you saw in the video. If I dont get the timing right by the next tournament, I'm just going to tilt my shield up. And that TL wasnt bad, I don't think he had good experience against Samus. He kept on trying to beat my spam, which of course didn't work.

NEVER CS WHEN YOUR FAR AWAY. Abuse your ftilt in this MU, it ***** him hard, since it totally outranges him, look out of that bair, it beats us (Except zair of course, zair him CONSTANTLY, he can't do **** against it). When your going for the kill, try dtilting, even with Braking he dies very early. Homing missles **** him since he can't absorb them, and can't really bair through them since they come out faster then he can throw out his bairs.
Thanks, I'll try to remember all of that. Like I said before, this was my first tournament, so it was really my first chance to actually fight good players of certain characters. Not to say that the people that beat me were all that great, more attributing my losses to my lack of experience. And about starting a video critique thread, I think that might be something we should look into. Or at least a thread where anyone can post videos of their Samus, or something like that. There have certainly been a lot of requests about that, and I think it would attract more newcomers around here. Although I have come to appreciate how friendly things have been, it being a small group of us.

In the beginning when I picked up Brawl, I tried to stay away from zair. It wasn't until after I faced Rohins that I realized that I needed to use zair more. I still prefer using fair, because it has more hitstun on the opponent, seeing how it raises them off the ground only slightly even at higher percentages. But I can see your point, zairing grenades would be very helpful. And thank you for your feedback, its always nice to get pointers from a fellow Samus player.
Fair also has a chance of being DIed out of, and punished, just note that down when you play floaties like Jiggs and Peach, it's really difficult for fair to connect. Your welcome ;).

About the charge shots...yeah, my younger brother told me the same thing, that he could tell me exactly when I was going to use them... funny thing though, he never did anything about it. I think knowing all the followups into charge shots helped me in Samus dittos though. I am pretty good at predicting when an opponent Samus is going to use their CS.
Good to see he noticed. In Samus dittos, charge shot is MAD easy to predict because you know your opponent's options inside and out, so it's easy to predict.

Thanks about the homing missle comment, I hadn't even thought about it, I guess that's second nature to me? And yeah, it was pretty much fail at that last stock. At least I know where the grenades hitbox reaches now.
Heh it's np, we're all still learning ;o.
Falling uair to double jab is guaranteed as long as uair pops them in the air, but there are bound to be better options. I just do it because its easier, lol. Also, if you see the first jab didnt work, you can always cancel into something else.
Oh okay that's interesting to know, thanks.

And the dair part, I was familiar with the upb OoS, I just wasn't aware of how much um...shield stun there was? Not sure if that's the right terminology here. I had tried buffering it sooner, but ended up just releasing my shield as you saw in the video. If I dont get the timing right by the next tournament, I'm just going to tilt my shield up. And that TL wasnt bad, I don't think he had good experience against Samus. He kept on trying to beat my spam, which of course didn't work.
I strongly recommend you learn how to get it down, it works wonders on MK, Kirby, Diddy and plenty of other popular tourny chars. Tilting your shield definatly helps when your under some extreme pressure such as Marth's fairs and dairs, so yeah, get into the habit of doing that.

Yeah I could see he lacked XP, it's NP though, you still did well.

Thanks, I'll try to remember all of that. Like I said before, this was my first tournament, so it was really my first chance to actually fight good players of certain characters. Not to say that the people that beat me were all that great, more attributing my losses to my lack of experience.
You did REALLY well for a first tournament, you performed superbly, I came dead last in my first tourny (I place top 8 consistantly now out of like 25-32), so I can't say anything negative about how you performed.

And about starting a video critique thread, I think that might be something we should look into. Or at least a thread where anyone can post videos of their Samus, or something like that. There have certainly been a lot of requests about that, and I think it would attract more newcomers around here. Although I have come to appreciate how friendly things have been, it being a small group of us.
Well, there is a Samus video archive, but that's not really for critiques, we could ask Serris to change it up a bit, or get another member to take over the thread. Tbh I prefer it being a small group of us, for the same reasons as you, it's very friendly around here, Unlike the peach boards xD!!!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The main reason why I'm better than the people I know irl is because I've spent varying amounts of time with almost all the characters, so I know what most of my opponents want to do...

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah, his Mario could be an issue. He's gotten first twice in the past couple weeks in MD/VA. O_O

Aiming for first seed. Plan on taking a match off of boss and ****** Will for his inexperience in the MU.

Poltergust is a Yoshi and I'm not afraid to play gay (like Xyro.) Don't know who the others are really...

Pools will be updated soon. We'll see the changes in a bit.

@Serris, I meant no offense, I meant that if you wasnt willing to change it, we could get somebody else to do it.

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
we do need a critique thread, i remember when i wanted my video to be critiqued and everybody was like dont post it here post it in the video thred, than when i posted it in the video thread everybody was like hey dont post links here.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
@Serris, I meant no offense, I meant that if you wasnt willing to change it, we could get somebody else to do it.
Which is basically:

• Going against the established rules of the thread that have been there since Dryn's incarnation.
  • Stabbing me in the back by usurping control of my thread just because you don't agree with something.

Naturally, I am going to take offense to this. If you really want a critique thread, make it a separate topic like a few other character boards have. It's not going in the video archive, because that's just what it's there for:

Preserving videos.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wow a Mario winning such a handsome amount of prize money. Thats legit haha.

So guys I have 6 days until my next tournament. I really hope my Samus can help me win some more money for Brawl Low Tiers. :p

Oh Serris what is the name of your amazing font color?

@Serris, loledrama? Stop crying over your video thread, heck, if I had been around here before yourself, I would have done the video thread myself. I was simply SUGGESTING something, and besides, you've been kind of dead lately. I myself took offense to that previous personal attack (you calling me a backstabber). /ridicule. Exploiting loopholes is fun :3. *Waits for Serris to respond dramatically or be a cool guy about it and not respond*

GAMES OF THE MIND.

@Mr9, I think he'll go up a bit, but still E tier, he just has to many flaws x.x.

Guys I've never played any metroid games, would you say it's worth getting the trilogy?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
i dont like many of the older Metroid games but i LOVE the Prime series dont buy each one individually or barrow them individually, rather get your hands on the trilogy because the first two that were on the game cube play differently from the third. so the trilogy is best because they all play the same... for the most part that is there are some differences but the idea will gets a cross.

so in conclusion i cant vouch for the rest of the series but the prime is good.

i dont like many of the older Metroid games but i LOVE the Prime series dont buy each one individually or barrow them individually, rather get your hands on the trilogy because the first two that were on the game cube play differently from the third. so the trilogy is best because they all play the same... for the most part that is there are some differences but the idea will gets a cross.

so in conclusion i cant vouch for the rest of the series but the prime is good.
Oh okay, is there a base plot for the three primes or do they just run off of eachother?

Mr9

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay, is there a base plot for the three primes or do they just run off of eachother?
no they all have their own plot but its kinda hard to figure the plot out for the first one because its not really thrown in your face, prime 2 gives you a little more to the story, and prime 3 has an obvious story/plot.

no they all have their own plot but its kinda hard to figure the plot out for the first one because its not really thrown in your face, prime 2 gives you a little more to the story, and prime 3 has an obvious story/plot.
Okay I think I get this, thanks ;)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wow a Mario winning such a handsome amount of prize money. Thats legit haha.

So guys I have 6 days until my next tournament. I really hope my Samus can help me win some more money for Brawl Low Tiers. :p

Oh Serris what is the name of your amazing font color?
I call it sex in ze mouf

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
@Serris, loledrama? Stop crying over your video thread, heck, if I had been around here before yourself, I would have done the video thread myself. I was simply SUGGESTING something, and besides, you've been kind of dead lately. I myself took offense to that previous personal attack (you calling me a backstabber). /ridicule. Exploiting loopholes is fun :3. *Waits for Serris to respond dramatically or be a cool guy about it and not respond*
...says the one that was b****ing about it in the first place. I was simply fed up with you and Xyro constantly trying to get me to change what's been set in stone for a very long time. As for being dead, if there was something to talk about, I would post more often. There's nothing here that hasn't been discussed a hundred times, and no one has submitted any videos to the archive in over a month, so the Samus boards are on low priority. And if you'd paid more attention to the sentence structure, I said that the action of going above me and trying to get the thread changed without my consent is the equivalent of backstabbing, not that you are a backstabber.

As you can tell, I am not in a very good mood lately. Provoking me is not a wise thing to do.

Serris said:
...says the one that was b****ing about it in the first place. I was simply fed up with you and Xyro and ALOT MORE members of the Samus community constantly trying to get me to change what's been set in stone for a very long time.
Fix'd. Get your facts right kthx. I was also asking for it to be done for the sake of the community, maybe you could consider them once in a while?

As for being dead, if there was something to talk about, I would post more often. There's nothing here that hasn't been discussed a hundred times, and no one has submitted any videos to the archive in over a month
Once again, get your facts right, the videos I posted were put on there LESS then a month ago, get your facts **** right or I will pick you off on them.

so the Samus boards are on low priority. And if you'd paid more attention to the sentence structure, I said that the action of going above me and trying to get the thread changed without my consent is the equivalent of backstabbing, not that you are a backstabber.
That still includes me in the backstabbing regardless of how you meant to say it within the given sentence structure.

As you can tell, I am not in a very good mood lately. Provoking me is not a wise thing to do
And your going to do what about it? Why would I not provoke you, it's hilarious to see how bad your reasoning for being such a drama ***** is and to be frank, this is actually pretty entertaining to see you fly off the handle xD.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pool 18

Boss
CloudFox
LK
NO-IDea
Poltergust
Will

DO NOT LOSE TO POLTER. Hes a yoshi.....ROFL. Boss will beat you. Will is decent(iirc). Lk and cloudfox? you should **** those 2

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I still main samus and have not used my 2ndary in any tourney thus far. I just feel my 2nd is AT or maybe event passed up my samus. I do not know untill i try it.

Top Bottom