• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
The Mentor system stales the metagame. Considering that Samus doesn't hold very high right now, mentoring is the last thing potential Samus mains should seek.

If they want to get better, the tools are readily accessible here and the videos easily searchable online. Learning how to play as Samus? The current method isn't working, why teach other people said method?

I'm with Cherry on this one.

IYM!

Smash Lord
This Mentor-pupil's system does not suppose that it is a strict system where only the counselor has the reason.

If the system commits this mistake the only thing that that will happen will be "cloning" players and not make new ones

For example, let's suppose that I am a pupil of Xyro or KJ or Cherry or of anyone, and they say to me that only effective spaming is with strong missiles.

But after some fight I realize that the spaming of Homming missles is very good too, even better.

I want to inform them, but they do not give me the word and insist that they have the reason.

If this system commits the mistake that I have just mentioned, it will not work out not good at all

I suppose that the ward also has right to thinking and beginning conversations with which we could learn both, truth?

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Honestly IYM!, the mentor program is inneffective imho.
You should be able to get better by yourself and develop your own playstyle.
You don't need anyone else to teach you anything.
What i do is watch tourney matches to see how people handle certain MUs, and work on taking what they did and adapting it to my own style.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I seriously don't know. I think Issy's gone insane.
Cool post bro. :251:

Oh man, NOID agree'd with me, that only took 3 months.

what you just said IYM is that teachers can learn from their students as well, but if we didn't have that program, and people came to the samus baords and asked all of our opinions on stuff and told us stuff that we didn't already know, would that not be the very same system they seem to have going?

I think it'd be better to merely talk on character boards for a while, and get used to the character, then start asking the character mains for tips and tricks about said character.

That's my opinion.

:251:

@allpostsabovemine tl;dr, nobody cares.

Now thats discuss something that actually matters.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/capoDHrZJng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/capoDHrZJng?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Omega> It is exactly what I do, always I see fight in Internet, also yours matchs, to learn of the achievements and mistakes of the players

Though I am in disagreement with you in what you say, this program if it can be useful, always and when a confidence and respect exists on both parts

Edit the combo video of mewtwo is awesome, i didnt know how good is mewtwo

I meant the guy with the Deoxys avi.
And who would this fine gentleman be?

Also had Deoxys or/and Mewtwo been in Brawl as playable characters, I would have mained the both of them no questions asked, they are both equally amazing.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhmm, Looks like Screw attack beats Nado from the top. Would be a TERRIBLE way to cancel nado, but may be viable way to get out of it.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah, apparently samus' Uair beats nado from top. I find that just as risky, if not more than using a screw attack to beat it. At least screw attack hits Below samus, while her Uair does not. meaning she has to hit meta before meta hits her and those are balls I do not have.

Top Bottom