• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
HOBO 28 results
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288537

In low tier i had to go through hell itself. I lost to mikehaze mario in round 3 and had to fight MEGA hard people all the way in losers then had to win 2 sets in GF. In teams, me and trela did the anubis strat which got us to 4th place. it was SO FUN!!!

2vs2

1: Utd Zac+Razer==:gw:+:snake:
2: MikeHaze+Gnes==:marth:+:diddy:
3: Dphat+Dmg==:metaknight:+:wario:
4: Xyro+Trela==:samus2:+:lucario:
5: Cy+Ozz==:metaknight:/:wario:+:metaknight:
5: Espy+Infinity==:sonic:+:metaknight:
7: Jerm+Zori==:toonlink:+:olimar:
7: Fogo+Illmatic==:snake:/:dedede:+:peach:
9: PolterGust+Bored==:yoshi2:+:ike:
9: Batou+Denti==:falcon:+:olimar:
9: Loko+Paw==:metaknight:+:zerosuitsamus:
9: SkyPirate+Panty==:olimar:+:gw:
13: Riot+Pj==:marth:+:toonlink:
13: D Disciple+P4==:lucario:+:metaknight:
13: Tree+Alpha==:shiek:+:fox:
13: ALSM+Deva==:link2:+:link2:
17: Tesh+Omega==:sonic:+:rob:
17: Nike+Zigsta==:marth:+:bowser2:
17: Sigma+Gbus==:random:+:random:
17: Sync+Leaf==:snake:+:pikachu2:

1vs1

1: Ultimaterazer==:snake:
2: Gnes==:diddy:
3: MikeHaze==:marth:
4: Trela==:lucario:
5: Espy==:sonic:
5: Dphat==:metaknight:
7: Jerm==:toonlink:
7: Infinity==:metaknight:
9: Cy==:metaknight:/:wario:
9: Denti==:olimar:
9: UTDZac==:gw:
9: Illmatic==:peach:
13: D Disciple==:lucario:
13: K Prime==:pikachu2:
13: Yosh==:yoshi2:
13: Jon==:olimar:
17: Gova==:kirby2:
17: PJ==:toonlink:
17: Poltergust==:yoshi2:
17: Zori==:olimar:
17: DMG==:wario:
17: Skypirate==:olimar:
17: TheBoredOne==:ike:
17: Xyro==:samus2:/:rob:
25: Gamma==:dk2:
25: Deva==:link2:
25: Tesh==:sonic:
25: KingJ==????
25: Nike==:marth:
25: Ozz==:fox:
25: Teh Brettster==:ike:
25: RT==:lucario:
33: OTL==????
33: Broly==:marth:
33: Loko==:metaknight:
33: Paw==:zerosuitsamus:
33: Omega==:rob:
33: ALSM==:link2:
33: Diego==:marth:
33: Zigsta==:bowser2:
33: Mess==????
33: Fogo==:snake:/:dedede:
33: Alpha==:fox:
33: Magik==:pt:/:metaknight:
33: Jew==:dk2:
33: Sync==:snake:
33: Tree==:shiek:
33: PantyRaider==:gw:
49: Big Boss==????
49: Gbus==????
49: Candy==????
49: Sigma==????
49: Laurel==????
49: KoN==????
49: Tosm==:ike:
49: Graf_nik==:random:
49: Kirby==:marth:
49: Mr. BlueSky==????
49: Tallman==:lucas:
49: P4==:metaknight:
49: Red Shadow==????
49: Slush==:yoshi2:
49: Leaf==:pikachu2:
49: JUJ==:metaknight:

LT 1vs1

1: Xyro==:samus2:
2: Poltergust==:yoshi2:
3: TheBoredOne==:ike:
4: Yosh==:yoshi2:
5: Trela==:samus2:
5: K Prime==:jigglypuff:/:ganondorf:
7: Espy==:ganondorf:
7: Gnes==:mario2:
9: Teh Brettster==:ike:
9: MikeHaze==:mario2:
9: Deva==:link2:
9: Ozz==:falcon:
13: Tosm==:ike:
13: UTDZac==:zelda:
13: ALSM==:link2:
13: Alpha==:zelda:
17: Tesh==:ganondorf:
17: Dphat==:jigglypuff:/:falcon:
17: Zigsta==:bowser2:
17: OTL==????
17: PantyRaider==:zelda:
17: Furbs==:yoshi2:
17: Tallman==:lucas:
17: Riot==:ike:
25: Ultimaterazer==:jigglypuff:
25: Gova==????
25: Infinity==:mario2:
25: Tree==:zelda:
25: Skypirate==????
25: Omega==????
25: Sync==????
25: DMG==:jigglypuff:
33: Leaf==????
33: Graf_nik==:ganondorf:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Gratz on winning low tier. and you got 17th again in the real tournament, so your pretty consistant. I'm curious too as to how the anubis worked with Samus and Luca?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Didn't know you could do Anubis with Samus.

How does that work vs. doing Anubis with Wario/MK?
Gratz on winning low tier. and you got 17th again in the real tournament, so your pretty consistant. I'm curious too as to how the anubis worked with Samus and Luca?
Anumbis strat is simply this: 1 player runs away/ledge stalls/stock tanks the whole match while the lucario fights the 2 foes.

For example: I would stay near or on the ledge the WHOLE match and keep 2-3 stocks while lucario would take on the other 2 people. If i have 3 stocks and lucario has 1 stock and he is over 80%. He will kill every character in the game with an f-smash if they are at 40% or more.

gw/mk/wario are the best ones to do this with lucario but since i excel at ledge play my samus gets the job done just like gw/mk/wario. i have lots of vides of me and trela beating people who we shouldnt beat at this event so ill get them up soon.

EDIT: i do NOT recommend you try this strat with just ANYBODY. There are 2 key things to this strat that you MUST have or else you will fail. 1: You MUST have a lucario on your team that can handle 2vs1 situations! 2: Assuming you are samus, you MUST excel and stock tanking/ledge stalling/running away.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Well, I can do #2 decently. I just don't know of any lucario players in my region. Well, congrats Xyro! Lookin forward to see those vids. Also, Lucario F-smash killin opponents at 40% given the conditions - that's pretty insane.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm doing piss poor with Samus this evening. I lost in the IC MU, from what i hear is even.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I never had any trouble against ICs, or Diddy's for that matter. With Diddy, control the bananas, with ICs, don't get grabbed.
Every time i try to keep a distance, i can't get Zair out. It isn't like the Samus vs Samus MU, baby shots only disrupt SoPo, but when they're both there, another gets through. ICs are just another character that forces Samus to approach, unless you camp the ledge, and their Ice Blocks can still hit you there.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Unless they desynch, and even then, i don't think that ICs force Samus to approach, not in the least. Baby shots are generally ineffective in this MU so i usually never use them myself. Don't forget that blocks only go on the ground, while missles go through the air. Unless platforms are in the way, you should be able to out-camp them. If they are far enough to spam block, you are afr enough to use missles or zair

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Unless they desynch, and even then, i don't think that ICs force Samus to approach, not in the least. Baby shots are generally ineffective in this MU so i usually never use them myself. Don't forget that blocks only go on the ground, while missles go through the air. Unless platforms are in the way, you should be able to out-camp them. If they are far enough to spam block, you are afr enough to use missles or zair
ICs have attacks that cancel missiles. Zair won't work if they play cautious enough.

I'm just going to be smart and not even touch this MU with Samus.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That isn't true. There is a 6 frame difference between the ICs, so even if you don't hit one with zair, you are pretty much bound to hit the other.
[/QUOTE]

And how do i get Zair out past Ice Blocks?

You could just jump over them.
This. Theres always a pattern between the ICs block barrage and you can simply jump between the gaps. I do this and it works just fine, if you're having trouble getting over them. Consider picking a stage that isn't FD.

Also pro title Issy <3

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
This. Theres always a pattern between the ICs block barrage and you can simply jump between the gaps. I do this and it works just fine, if you're having trouble getting over them. Consider picking a stage that isn't FD.

Also pro title Issy <3
It think i've tried that, and i still couldn't get Zair out. Again: Me not using Samus in this MU= Solution.

Basically, you go into the thread and state who you would like to mentor you for which character. You then arrange sessions / talk to eachother about the character, strategies etc etc.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
This idea have should to have born approximately 2 or 3 months before, when it did not know very much on Samus.

My level with Samus is decent now, in addition this Board always is available to answer my doubts, and believe me, every council that they have given me me to served very much.

The initiative is good and I hope that it proves.

Other one doubts, Can a Mentor have more than one pupil?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I don't think it'll catch on, too hard to teach people how to play the game because there are so many different ways, and everyone has different styles.

:251:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You think that's the solution for everything. Which it is/should be.
Pretty much. I'm beginning to think my Samus is wearing down, ever since i picked up Snake to rank better in tournaments.
I'm losing in Even MUs.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Most MUs are personal opinion, and for garb characters like ours, not defined very well.(go find a board besides Ganon/Yoshi that agrees that we beat them by a good margin). I find Olimar to be an even MU. Drop her if you really want to is all I can really say. The effort put into Samus/any character not named MK is worth it/not worth it depending on your perspective.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Most MUs are personal opinion, and for garb characters like ours, not defined very well.(go find a board besides Ganon/Yoshi that agrees that we beat them by a good margin). I find Olimar to be an even MU. Drop her if you really want to is all I can really say. The effort put into Samus/any character not named MK is worth it/not worth it depending on your perspective.
I might not use her as much, but i don't think i'll drop. I guess i'll just use her in tourney matches against MK or Falco or something. Have a better chance of actually winning for me.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Funny how you played Samus and went to Snake. I play Snake and went back to Samus. I feel like I'm getting better with her. Besides my general messing up, I can play her decently. In my vids, you'll know when I mess up. Retreat dash > pivot > nothing (instead of pivot grabbing). Yes, I grab with Samus and I've been doing ok with it. Not spamming it, but throwing it out there to tell people they can't always hide in shields. I think I use Samus more than Snake at my smashfests haha.

I don't think it'll catch on, too hard to teach people how to play the game because there are so many different ways, and everyone has different styles.

You realise this system has been around for months is working just fine, right?

Top Bottom