• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Revival Of Melee:MARCH 7TH! POOLS ARE UP EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Alukard - Any chance you can make this a two day event? Also, keep in mind that PC won't be able to attend on Sunday because of work johnz =Pz (In which I say he should just call in sick since he'll be able to make his sunday pay + much more from this tournament!)

hmm I'll talk to Forward and Taj about coming to this.

Did Korean DJ even CONFIRM that he was coming to this? Yes Daniel I'm calling u out LOLZ. All he said was that he "probably" will come, its not 100% guaranteed.
Ill call dan now and edit my post with his reply

No reply, didn't answer. I'll try again later.

Alukard

Smash Hero
O Alright ... I Gues Scratch That Then Hahahaha

EDIT .... HBK ... ITS NOT CAPPED ON MY SCREEN =\

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
you underestimate the rest of tristate, son. I mean, you're saying we can have Eggm, Reno, HBK, Hazz, G$, Vanz, Pakman, Tec0, Sensei, DJN, Alukard, Bum, Mogwai, UltimaScout's Link, and Lite + like 60 meat shields? pft, give us moar credit than that pl0x
Wes, it was a joke brotha LOL

even if it was 70 Erci Chewmans they'd each have to take 28 stocks with their 4, and I mean come on...you know i'm gonna land at least 4 tippers with that much allowance :laugh:

ChuDat

Smash Master
my boss fired like all other workers LOLOL i tried asking him today if he can find a replacement for sunday but i don't think he can.
wow. LOLZ. Why don't u try and ask someone u work with if they can do a HUGE FAVOR for u and work for u on sunday?

Also, I'm just suggesting a two day event just because I want this to be like national status, since usually national tournaments use two days to finish their tournaments. I mean, I'm sure this can finish in one day, but it'll have to be rushed.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
honestly i don't think we need it to be a 2 day event unless people really want to do crews. We cant do regional either Because not enough people will be coming from from other regions :p might as well wait for genesis for that one. it's going to be melee only with probably around 100 entrants with enough setups and cooperation from everyone we can get it done by midnight EZ PEAZY NIGG@.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Wes, it was a joke brotha LOL

even if it was 70 Erci Chewmans they'd each have to take 28 stocks with their 4, and I mean come on...you know i'm gonna land at least 4 tippers with that much allowance :laugh:
lol, i dunno, if you keep DIing into Marth forward throw -> dair...

wait, nevermind 28 stocks is a lot, lol, we got this.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Well I Mean Thats Why I Was Aiming Towards Tryin To Get A Two Day Event. Cuz I Can Handle Pools Day 1 ... And Then Day 2 Bracket And Crews =d

Wat Do U Peeps Think ??

Also Wat About Raising Singles/doubles Entree $5 For The Oos/ooc Peeps To Have A More Enticing Pot Size =d

REMEMBER I'M NOT TAKING ANYTHING OUT THE POT ... SO DONT DARE SOMEONE POST THAT I'M LIKE TRYIN TO GET MONEY OUT OF IT

I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR U GUYS =]

`DNS`

Smash Lord
Well I Mean Thats Why I Was Aiming Towards Tryin To Get A Two Day Event. Cuz I Can Handle Pools Day 1 ... And Then Day 2 Bracket And Crews =d

Wat Do U Peeps Think ??

Also Wat About Raising Singles/doubles Entree $5 For The Oos/ooc Peeps To Have A More Enticing Pot Size =d

REMEMBER I'M NOT TAKING ANYTHING OUT THE POT ... SO DONT DARE SOMEONE POST THAT I'M LIKE TRYIN TO GET MONEY OUT OF IT

I'd rather not waste $5 more than I have to to get owned :chuckle:

ChuDat

Smash Master

Wat Do U Peeps Think ??

I agree with this post. It would make things much more worth it coming from out of state and such, and for other out of staters.

I agree with having it two days (as I still think it should be), but it just might not be possible for some people =/. I hope they can figure some things out soon before it gets too late!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

Wat Do U Peeps Think ??

if you make it 2 days i'd def come.

btw speak with the management and if u do 2 days you HAVE to get people to house. I'll house if needed

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'd say a 2 day NY tourney event would be pushing it. If you start on time, and make the brake from Doubles to single like 20 mins instead of 30 mins (which ALWAYS turns into an hour and a half) I say the bracket and grand finals can be over and done with well before midnight, with time for crews.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
ug, 2 days would be so rough

im getting my wisdom teeth out that monday
plus i'm basically paying to get my *** beat on

maybe i could just go for pools day to see/meet some peeps, which is kinda the hidden reason i want to go

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure everything was fine b4 you mentioned making it 2 days and adding 5 dollars to the cost. you're gonna start losing people if you change things up last minute like this. Stick with what got this many people this far already.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
all the people going to this arn't ********, we get that its a bigish event and we need to keep things moving

EDIT - well ok maybe i am
and darc for drinking 7 gallons of milk a week and ****ting cheese,
but you get mah drift

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure everything was fine b4 you mentioned making it 2 days and adding 5 dollars to the cost. you're gonna start losing people if you change things up last minute like this. Stick with what got this many people this far already.
I disagree. If anything, I think it'll encourage more OOS to come to this event. I don't think people were planning on it being two days, so of course there will be complaints. I don't understand why people WOULDN'T want it a TWO day event?? That just means an extra day to play MELEE ALL DAY LONG, and with the BEST of the BEST here too!

O.o

Edit: People from out of state usually come because they think they have a chance at winning money (or, are really dedicated to the game), so the 5$ extra would definitely help in making them travel for this. But in doing so, everyone else must "Waste" an extra 5$ for the top players pockets, so its just up to whatever people want to do in their best interests.

Stratford

Smash Champion
I had to call my doctor because just reading the list of confirmed attendees gave me an erection lasting longer than 4 hours.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I disagree. If anything, I think it'll encourage more OOS to come to this event. I don't think people were planning on it being two days, so of course there will be complaints. I don't understand why people WOULDN'T want it a TWO day event?? That just means an extra day to play MELEE ALL DAY LONG, and with the BEST of the BEST here too!

O.o

Edit: People from out of state usually come because they think they have a chance at winning money (or, are really dedicated to the game), so the 5$ extra would definitely help in making them travel for this. But in doing so, everyone else must "Waste" an extra 5$ for the top players pockets, so its just up to whatever people want to do in their best interests.
the problem isnt playing melee or anything, ofcourse people want to..the problem is where are they gonna stay and such

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord

O.o

i agree with you, but who else has a shot of winning thats not already coming LOL let's be honest here. i mean if its a 2 day event im pretty sure ill be able to get someone to work for me it'll just be tough because make a lot of money on sundays as a waiter with my sexy charm.

ChuDat

Smash Master
i mean if its a 2 day event im pretty sure ill be able to get someone to work for me.

O.O

YAYUHHHZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

JonaDiaper - I don't think that was a problem until u brought it up, although I may be wrong. Well in any case, thats a whole other situation that i'm SURE we can resolve, since we always do =)

First step is to see if this is two day or not. Second step is the housing situation.

xyt

Smash Lord
one day please = /

and please confirm me alukard : d

Edit:

I'm currently waiting on Vanz who is waiting on someone else for teams

anybody in particular wanna do teams with me?

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion

O.O

YAYUHHHZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

JonaDiaper - I don't think that was a problem until u brought it up, although I may be wrong. Well in any case, thats a whole other situation that i'm SURE we can resolve, since we always do =)

First step is to see if this is two day or not. Second step is the housing situation.
i could have sworn i saw a few "where am i gonna stay" 's a few pages back...

i dont care since im a half hour away so i was just speaking from what i read..

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
if its a 2 day event i'll try and see if i can house people who wants to get housed by jman XD

i also think rising the entry is a great idea

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
I dnt think so. Most venues although im not sure about toywiz just make you pay the venue fee once even if its a 2day tourny. And since this is getting really big with lost of OOS I think 10.00 for singles should be fine. I mean Mango is coming from Cali and if he wins he probably wants to make a decent profit considering how far he had to travel.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I agree that this would be awesome as a 2 day event, I just don't want to lose crucial players because of it. As long as everyone can make, then great! But if people are coming from Cali, and can't do 2 days, that would be really lame.

As for the 5 dollar, thing...really, i'm pretty sure the finals will be m2k and pc, or m2k and chu, or m2k and azen, etc. etc. The only person that has a chance that is actually traveling far is Mango. So basically everyone would be giving 5 extra bucks for Mango to MAYBE win more money.....not worth it if you ask me. PLUS, a lot of people might just not enter if you raise the fee, which defeats the whole purpose. Just throwing that out there.

LLDL

Smash Hero
one day events are probably in more peoples interest than 2 days though. And think about it, more people will ALWAYS be able to come to a 1 day than a 2 day, not counting if they can just come to either of the days by themselves.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
ONE DAY PLEASE. i have school and stuff im making a trip out here and the next day heading back to philly. we can have a super fest somewhere if it's really that necessary.

ALSO I NEED A TEAMMATE. doubt progs going cause he blows and plays WOW.

im perfectly fine with wasting an extra 5 bucks to the m2k fund given the size of the tourney.

+ HYPEEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom