• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Re-re-Revival (Monster Smash) Toronto, Ontario November 6th, 2010*

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman

JMo292

Smash Rookie
Ok well I decided to help out (some more), so to T.O. Joe & JMO & anyone else who needs it.

I HAVE 8 CONTROLLERS ALL IN OPTIMUM CONDITION.

I'm gon be using 1 (obviously). Prolly my platinum.

I also have:

2 negro's
1 yellow
1 indigo
1 indigo/clear
2 grey wave birds

anyone who needs to borrow them can, oh and btw

THESE ARE NOT FOR SALE, NO NEGOTIATION (well maybe, depends how much u'll offer) :awesome:
mind if you lend me one, preferably one that's been in use and isn't too rough

Gichan

Smash Champion
Got some very bad news for the scene. October 30th is no longer available to me it is of an issue from both sides so therefore they are not to be solely hated as I have made some mistakes to. I only mentioned it to them ONCE that I'd be needing tfns on October 30th. Sorry guys.

We'll be postponing it to later date, most likely November 6th but I need to confirm it with them this time. I am very disappointed of this outcome but these things just happen and I would like to reassure you that I still do want to give you quality tournaments and to trust in me and PLEASE attend next week regardless of the situation.

Sorry Holy, but I am qutie sure you can change the date of your ticket I have done so before. If not I'll reimburse you half of it.

The only major concern that I am faced with is that I have advertised this tourney on other forms other than smashboards and now on that day there may be new faces that will show up disappointed...

On the positive side that gives everyone a week more to practice and gives me some more time to prepare the tournament and possibly search out and buy some tvs.

Hopefully all can be forgiven and btw this is Gichan, funny thign is I don't remember the password to that account lol. (I'm at work.)

Iliad

Smash Lord
Okay, i'm pretty ****ing mad. Give me an email or a number where I can get in contact with these TFNS people, this is simply unprofessional and quite frankly, not worthy of our time.

It's one thing to cancel hang outs with a friend, it's a whole other thing entirely to cancel a business deal with less than a week's notice. Un ****ing acceptable.

People including myself **** on pownz for a lot of things, but one thing they never did was cancel a ****ing tournament, nor did they change dates with a week only of notice.

Patches

Smash Master
Well. That sucks. :/
Oh well, if this isn't happening, it gives me an excuse to see my girlfriend this weekend instead. Winwin.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I know....but the thing is it was a lot of misunderstanding. I am going to lose a lot of people but calls from angry brawl members will only HURT the scene because this place will allow us to revive the scene. No one can afford other venues within toronto or sauga so we need this place.

And as I said, it is not all their fault it was just poor communication between the both of us.

No costumes of course, I will be chaning the name of the tourney soon enough.

EDIT: Tournament is officially next week November 6th.

EVERYONE UPDATE WHATEVER FORMS OF ADVERTISEMENTS YOU HAVE POSTED!!

Patches

Smash Master
Guys, even though Gi had to change dates, everyone should still show up to this. We need to revive this community. We need to get back into our prime time.

and mainly, everyone should give some mad respect to Gi. He is the only one getting us tournaments, we need to keep this venue that we've luckily gotten. So if miscommunication like this happen, where we need to reschedule, then so be it. It'll keep the venue owner happy, which will keep us in a venue. Which means we will have tournaments, and a happy community. So c'mon guys. Let's still do this.

CalvinXue

Smash Rookie
Funny, that's the day of my birthday. o-o

I might not be able to go to this, my mom is coming back early from China to celebrate my birthday. :/ I can't really ditch my birthday to go to a tourney, but we'll see.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I said I'll pay half of it. but seeing as I posted there may be a date change and he still bought it I find reasoning in me only paying half.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I still like the idea of having halloween fun with smashers. even though we can't have this tourney this day (so sad...) BUT is anyone's place available for a halloween smashfest or soemthing?

fUddO

Smash Ace
Well, that is a real pain. Now I have to re-re-arrange my schedule. If I can make it, I should still be bringing my Wii. Switch me to a maybe for now.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Well now I'm kinda with bran-bran on this. Need to find a party with some slutty dressed cops.

That being said, if I can't find one, I'm sure the hamilton crew can arrange something.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Just got off work =_=

mind if you lend me one, preferably one that's been in use and isn't too rough
If ur still going, I'l lend u one.

I would love to host something like that. Too bad my house is too small and there's people in my house that would never allow it.
My house would be great for having a casual. Lot o TV's & it could fit a decent mount of ppl, but I live with my parents...

I'll still be there.
ditto :D

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Jon your on your own cause im going to a party now XD i dont know if i will be able to make it on the 6th but i guess we will see.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I said I'll pay half of it. but seeing as I posted there may be a date change and he still bought it I find reasoning in me only paying half.
I brought and printed my ticket the 12th October and there was never a mention about an issue with the date except the VERY last few days which really sucks because it clearly say on my ticket Non-refundable. So yeah 70$ wasted :c

If you're paying half of my ticket I guess I'll buy another one for the 6th November, just make sure nothing happens this time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, really? Well, I guess I can just figure something else to do this weekend. If it's the 6th, I'm probably not going to bother with a costume though. Still consider me confirmed, unless I suddenly have a gf or something I'm probably not going to be busy.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I brought and printed my ticket the 12th October and there was never a mention about an issue with the date except the VERY last few days which really sucks because it clearly say on my ticket Non-refundable. So yeah 70$ wasted :c

If you're paying half of my ticket I guess I'll buy another one for the 6th November, just make sure nothing happens this time.
perhaps u can still come to Toronto if something is happening that weekend (smashfest). Iunno what tho :o

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I'm going all Diddy/Wario in this tourney unless I end up losing "hope not".

My wario is no joke people, don't underestimate.

EDIT: Holy, you're a great player I will not take that away from you, but every single set I've EVER had with you since jan 30 2010 has been REALLY really close, so you're very wrong on the "that is all I need" motion.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
EDIT: Holy, you're a great player I will not take that away from you, but every single set I've EVER had with you since jan 30 2010 has been REALLY really close, so you're very wrong on the "that is all I need" motion.
Basically what you're saying to the scene is "Oh, well doc isn't coming, Steve isn't coming, Ace isn't coming... No one can come even close to beating me cept holy.. I got this in the BAG!!", then 1 week later..

Doc: "I'm coming now"

Joe: "Oh shi... I can't go for singles anymore"
I agree that it does suck that some people have a superiority complex

Pathetic, you had NO problem staying for singles up until I decided I wanted to show up, now you're backing down like a chicken ****.
When I talked to Joe before you confirmed your attendance, Joe said that he may not wanna stay until 10pm because he would rather spend time with his girlfriend.

Joe tried asking gi in a previous post how long the tourney would take

gi what time do you expect the tourney to finish dude?
but never really got an answer. I told him that it probably would because from a logical standpoint, Joe should at least be in loser semi finals, and that round alone would be within the last few hours of the tourney, and i proceeded to say "if u won, then what. I'd take more time to play the next round". This also factored in the fact that enough people want pools and there are going to be 2 side tourneys (i'd prefer if none of those things happened, but I alone don't make the scene lol).

He then eventually decided to spend the rest of the day with his GF. Its a matter of interest for Joe and he is more interested in spending time with his girlfriend who lives in like north bay (or thunder bay or some bay lol) than "playing MK dittos"

all depends on the time my dude dont hate me for wanting to spend more time with my g.f instead of playing mk dittos ;D
^^ This statement is pretty elitist ^^

And I'm not even trolling, all you do is team with tip top shape mks, you teamed once with jon cause' holy decided he didn't want to come.

You're not fooling anyone Joe, I bet if Holy said "I don't want to come anymore", you would back out of doubles wouldn't you?

**** just got real..
It is true I guess that Kingace has been his static partner, but also in Joe's defense, look his competition in teams:

Iliad + Phiddlesticks
Ambrose + J.L.
Patches + Avarice (<3 u guys :bee:)
Silver Doc + Tin Man

So a lot of the top players are taken. Who else could he team with that would give him a chance to beat the mentioned teams? I guess theres Raidos but ICs don't work at all in teams, and well iunno if Joe trusts his Snake :urg:. If he managed to get this **** peach player in Brampton to come then I guess that could also work ?!? (he knows who i'm talking about).

Top Bottom