• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Bonewalking is a way of pulling a turnip while moving. It has uses like:

-retreating turnip pulls for camping harder, or getting a turnip while avoiding long range punishes like phantasm and tornado
-approaching turnip pulls for when you need to get closer to your opponent, but also want to get a turnip at the same time(like if you were center stage and you just knocked your opponent offstage)

It probably has other uses but I can't think of any. It can also turnip cancel off of ledges, but it's probably outclassed by the regular turnip cancel.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
So I'm pretty sure a peach player hit my shield with his side-b....is this possible? I'll upload the vid later if it isnt possible. I might just be seeing it wrong.

Xyless

Smash Master
K, I'm too lazy to go through 62 pages so I'm just going to ask here. What's bonewalking and what are it's uses?
To do bonewalking (not covered by the other responder), you do the first steps of a dash, put the control stick to neutral, then quickly do a quarter rotation from down to forward, which makes you slide forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHppOHdDZ2s
^ the original video showing it off

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227854
^ the original post about it

I revive you thread with an interesting question I would like answered.

Bonewalking. When you bonewalk slide near the edge, what happens? Does she stop at the edge, or does she slide right off the edge. And if she slides off the edge, does it cancel the animation if you had merely grabbed a turnip near the very ledge to begin with? I would test myself, but I am currently without a brawl game disc.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Hellu Peach Boards, you might be seeing me a lot here in the next little while asking questions about your character and how they perform on a certain stage.
Character boards seem to cycle through incomplete MU threads to new ones in hope to update them and finally complete them. This is the R.O.B. Boards attempt at completing a sufficient stage-discussion thread and I'm going to try my best to get accurate and thorough information, but I'll need your help. This will be the only question with an introductory. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that if you guys need info on anything for R.O.B. don't hesitate asking. ^_^

Anywho!

Q: How does Peach fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Peach abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Peach's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Ive got a few questions about peach because ive been gone for so long that i cant remember half the crap i knew about peach awhile back. So let me start by asking, what is a few good 0-50% combos that is pretty easy to pull on if game? Also can peach gimp pretty good? Is there any good 0-100% combos that peach can do and is there at least one 0-death combo that peach can do that can actually be pulled off in game lol.

T
hats about it and if you know any ATs that are pretty useful go ahead and share them with me because ive got plenty of time to practice them all lol.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Ive got a few questions about peach because ive been gone for so long that i cant remember half the crap i knew about peach awhile back. So let me start by asking, what is a few good 0-50% combos that is pretty easy to pull on if game? Also can peach gimp pretty good? Is there any good 0-100% combos that peach can do and is there at least one 0-death combo that peach can do that can actually be pulled off in game lol.

T
hats about it and if you know any ATs that are pretty useful go ahead and share them with me because ive got plenty of time to practice them all lol.
Peach's best combo is dair to ****.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Peach has the Uair string, which can do a ton of damage on a lot of characters. especially heavies like D3. It takes a lot of practice, and it won't come up a ton in an actual fight, but it's good to have in your pocket. Don't expect to get a ton of combos in any match. 30% or so combos can be gotten pretty consistently, but really not much more than that.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Besides the uair string, Peach doesn't have extensive auto-combos. A lot of people hate dair, so they say that it has gigantic combos, but it really doesn't. It can be SDI's out of, so it isn't true reliable. In brawl, there is little hitstun, which means combos are harder to come by. Any combo that you can pull off generally are based off of quick thinking and reflexes, not relying on "auto-combos." If you can read your opponent correctly, then you can get 0-100% pretty easily, but only if you can read your opponent correctly...

-Cross-

Smash Ace
So is SDI'ing up the best way to SDI dair? I'm assuming this b/c if you SDI left or right, Peach can still follow your SDI correct?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
It's possible for her to follow, but depending on how aggressive you're attempting to SDI, it's possible to move out of her Dair enough for another attack to come out and hit her. I know that Falcon can DI out of it upward+left/right and punish with an immediate Uair, so if he can avoid it, surely other characters have viable options fast enough to punish it.

As lloD said, Peach has combo potential, but people overrate her Dair because it's just a multi-hit move that has the potential to be followed up after. They're simply pseudo combos though. They can be avoided, but the opponent's options are just strictly limited.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I'm wondering has anyone ever tried picking up bananas this way? Keep in mind my c stick is set to smash attacks.

Run at banana -> press down next to the banana so you crouch and hit the cstick down

It's like a quick running pickup

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Jab oos is 9 frames right? Well how fast would it be to groundfloat oos, release the float as soon as possible, and then jab? It could potentially be a faster way to jab oos.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You can dash -> down+jump and float cancel to cancel the dash momentum, then grab the banana, but I don't see but so much use for it unless you're try to space yourself from Diddy. Which honestly, isn't all that useful. You'd be better off using a dash -> shield to be on the safe side, then pick up the banana from there.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@LanceStern: you're basically just pressing attack near the banana causing you to pick it up. Fun fact, if you do any tilt besides utilt next to an item, you will pick it up. By pressing down when you approach the banana you are not stopping your momentum or anything you are just causing the c-stick down to be registered as a dtilt which is a tilt and thus picks up the item. It is much simpler to run, stop running just before the banana and let the run momentum carry you, then press a and you will do a sort of glide pick up although the slide is very small.

@Rick Float grab is definitely the best option though. Less post lag and no chance of tripping, a pick up tech only peach can do.

@Scaphist In terms of frames, a "Peach dash" as it is called in the Frame data thread is 9 frames minimum. So no it would not be faster, but you would use the float cancel method into jab, only if you have to cover ground before you can jab. Usually though it's just easier and better to dash attack oos or possibly ftilt

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
@ Mista Beepin' Eric:

Peach on delfino is pretty good in my opinion. You have times where you can stay away from harm and just pluck pluck pluck until you have a turnip/item you desire. Watch out for that. Don't let her be alone for too long. She can't die due to recovery off the bottom. She has an umbrella that will let her live FOREVER. If she tries to do that... then just let her. Don't try to go for a gimp or anything because if you mess up you're just gonna make her live longer. Go for it if you're SURE it'll work out. Otherwise don't. Peach can use the platforms for things like turnip plucking off them 'n stuff. and we can use the platform to get our float back and things along those lines. Peach v Rob is so 'n so. You destroy us in camping. Up close is kinda in your favor as well. Fair can beat our up close floating options if spaced well. Peach right above you may be tricky to handle, and you're probably going to get a face full of Dair and some ripped cords as well. If peach is coming in with a turnip, note that she can retreat really easily and trick you into some really bad destruction. Also note that our airdodge is awful. We can very well get a face full of laser/gyro if we're floating. Bair is pretty good against Peach. Watch out for peach's uair. It will juggle you to no end. If you're in the air, you HAVE to get away. Don't try to fight peach in the air. It will end in depression. It's been a while since I've used Peach so I hope this helps. (:

Edit: Peach has to look out for Rob shooting lasers at us when we're far apart on stage transformations. Sharking isn't too big of a problem, but uair through delfino messes Peach up. I'd rate it a 6/10 for Peach v Rob on delfino. I'd take Rob to Battlefield over Delfino.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I played a Peach today and she chain grabbed me. (I'm MK)
Is this legit? If so, to what %?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What are the best options against Wario out of grab release? Do we have any infinites?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
One infinite that I think works is:
Grab release -> jump -> footstool -> cancel footstool with float -> drop into a dair -> grab -> repeat

I'm not 100% sure if it always works, and it's really slow at damaging, but it is an option. Besides that, I usually grab release->nair for a free nair, or grab release->run forward->usmash for the kill

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
One infinite that I think works is:
Grab release -> jump -> footstool -> cancel footstool with float -> drop into a dair -> grab -> repeat

I'm not 100% sure if it always works, and it's really slow at damaging, but it is an option. Besides that, I usually grab release->nair for a free nair, or grab release->run forward->usmash for the kill
Grab release -> jump -> footstool -> float cancel -> drop into a weak bair -> regrab.

Wouldn't the weak bair cause a force get-up if he bounces? I haven't tested it though. Just assuming since footstool -> weak bair can be used to bair lock quite a few characters.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
who does grab release to footstool work on?

and where is the kill percent list that someone compiled for peach and why isn't it in the directory? =(

i need it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Wario only, I think. I don't think any other character goes straight up in jump range after a grab release.

Also, not sure about the kill percentage list. It just comes to me naturally in a match.

Wario only, I think. I don't think any other character goes straight up in jump range after a grab release.

Also, not sure about the kill percentage list. It just comes to me naturally in a match.
Jiggs as a pretty messed up air release if I recall. She goes straight up pretty much like wario, but higher. Anyone try Uairing her from that?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
and where is the kill percent list that someone compiled for peach and why isn't it in the directory? =(

i need it.
I'm pretty sure Dark and mountain_bear both started that project, but only did like, two characters and quit.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Jiggs doesn't go straight up. She kinda goes back about the distance of a character space, then upward. And I tested the uair, it doesn't work. If they're not expecting it, you could always try to use it though, it's not a poor option to follow up with since it does take decent buffering for them to avoid it; but Jigglypuff is able to buffer a jump or airdodge.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Air wasn't being biased he just probably realized that Raz's thread should also be moved to a different section.

Top Bottom