• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
does it really auto-FF if you do dairs with the c stick?
Yep, but it'll only FF is you're NOT rising(I think).

Also, do you have to release the float in order for the second bair hitbox to hit, like you would when you do a double bair/uair?
Nope. It would suck pretty bad if you did.

If you're having trouble hitting with the weak part, you could just try it without the lock thing. Just try facing an opponent, doing the ground float, backairing, and moving into them. The weak hit should only do like 7% or so when fresh. That might help you get the spacing and inputs down.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I hate edge guarding Falco, I usually just spam turnips and go for d tilt spikes when I have a good opportunity to hit them but I constantly get hit by his stupid side special.

Can anyone actually do the uair string on Wolf, Shiek, Fox, Falco, or Squirtle other than Hotgarbage? I can just barely do it on Captain Falcon.... It seems impossible to get the second uair out quick enough. Is there a sour spot on uair? When I do a uair on a 30% D3 it doesn't send him as high as the one does in the video.... It's not stale either. I know this is weird but would someone mind recording their hands as they do it on a Fox? :S I would really appreciate it. :3

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
When I'm edge guarding Falco I use nair. I put myself floating at the ledge half of her body is under it and half over it. Time the nair right and he gets hit. Time it wrong you get that sideb spike. Abit of a risk but not hard at all since you know the time frame they can sideb

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Falco's phantasm makes turnip edgeguarding painfully difficult. So what do you do? Get in his way! Float next to the edge and nair. His recovery is predictable so think of it like batting practice.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure if this is frame perfect, but if you can mind games the falco to ledge hop phantasm from the ledge, you can float cancel nair him out of it. You can also time an usmash or fsmash if you space it right at the end of his movement, and you can always get like a grab or something.

With edgeguarding, floating nair next to the ledge, throwing turnips, and edgehogging are generally what I do. If sometimes, like me, you're afraid of getting gimped, then just wait until he recovers and then proceed to punish him on stage

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That's saddening, we should give it a jolt ;o
I've tried and others have tried but it's been pretty uneffective.
Character BRs aren't really necissary tbh. Discussing everything here promotes more activity as a whole. Or at least in my opinion.

Although now that social groups got "upgraded" character BRs are better than they used to be.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I got the bair lock down and now I'm working on the set ups. When I footstool R.O.B. Peach will land on her feet next to him if I hit Y and Z almost at the same time and theres no lag when you land. I'm sure this is already known but it looks like there might be a way to infinite R.O.B. similar to Captain Falcon's Fhanfus Loop if you pull another Turnip as soon as you land and then do it again. My question is if anyone knows if this works on other characters, and if so which ones? Also, is it possible to do the uair string out of a ground floated dair on Fox? I can't do the uair string from a short hop dair on him unless he's at 13% but you can't string together as many uairs.

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
is it possible to do the uair string out of a ground floated dair on Fox?
It definately is possible but in a real match ground floating dairs can be pretty dangerous and it makes the move much easier to DI out of. To be effective in a real match, you'd have to hit with the last few kicks of the dair from either catching the opponent at the end of a spotdodge, their landing lag, or maybe shield poking.

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey you guys i was looking around on ur boards and i couldnt find it but i heard from a few smashers that peaches turnip pull for stitch faces is like a 1/165 chance or something like that. I just want to know who was responsible for those statistics and want to question how accurate they are. BEcause frankly that number is just waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too small. I have also heard it could be like 1/265 which is even more ridiculous. Those number just can seem to be right because i have seen players pull like 3 or 4 of those a match and there is just no way that can happen as often as i see it with those numbers.

If it were 1/165 then in order for some 1 to get 3 in 1 game would be about a 1/45,000,000 chance. thats like 1/4 of winning the powerball chances.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
At least it's not as frequent as Gordos. I swear i see DDD'S throwing out 5-6 a game. And they throw Waddles 10x less then we pluck turnips(Which is like 2 every second lol)

Anyway serious question. Im also thinking about making a thread for this.

HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT A CAMPY SNAKE?

Seriously. It fustrates me to no end and makes me want to just up and out quit this gay *** game. When the snake actually fights me i have no problem. I am great at spacing and i know all of snake's hit/hurtboxes. Believe me i know the matchup. But when a snake just goes to one end of the stage and does nothing but camp grenades THE WHOLE ENTIRE MATCH. How can i get in?

If i just run away i get hit by bombs. If i try to approach i get attacked by bombs and snake has no problem trading hits with those grenades as his kill power tottaly destorys Peach's kill power. Snake also wont die. I've been timed out by snakes on Smashville who just camp the platform and throw bombs. If i try to approach with turnips i'll try to float over bombs or z drop turnips or whatever but i always end up taking damage by gernades.

Is it as simple as "Defend better" Or is there something i can actually do to counter this? This one tactic is making me want to quit peach.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I've always found Snake to be a tolerable match-up for Peach. You could always resort to turnip camping if he's extremely campy and if he's just tilt-walking when you approach (or abusing his Utilt) it's always possible to glide close enough to him that a descending Fair could hit if you space it properly.

Against Snakes, surprisingly, I like to abuse Peach's jab and grab game. Her Dtilt really isn't that bad of an option either in my honest opinion.

Also, it depends on how he's getting past you in order to camp as well. If he's going by air, you could always try to punish his landing with a grab and throw turnips up at him if there's enough space between you. If he's going by ground, such a rolling or DACUS, try to punish it with something like Peach Bomber (*facepalm for saying that*) or a tilt/smash. Even a glide -> dair works.

Of course, it's not that simple, but I'm not sure how this Snake is keeping the distance between the two of you. If you manage to get hold of him once, try to rack up some damage at lower percents with some of Peach's common and simpler move strings that people tend to fall for.

Chaingrab - Ftilt - Ftilt - Utilt.
Ftilt -> Jab -> Grab.

Anything to get some damage up while you have the chance.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've learned to counter-camp Snakes. Which works surprisingly well, unless the Snake is going on the offense, which is relatively rare. If they do, be warned that floating is extremely risky against Snake, because he can jab or utilt you out of it (or try to catch you with a nair).

I tend to stay grounded against him more than most characters.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Counter camping Snake is very important in the matchup. You want Snake to feel like his grenades are worthless, because you can float right over them. The Snake might wisen up and cook them longer, which is a cue for you to grab a turnip and move in for those sick, nasty dair combos that wreck Snake.

It's good to bait Snake's nair so you can punish the ending lag. Be careful not to jump into it though, or you will suffer an early death or take tons of damage and knockback.

I feel that staying grounded for the matchup is what the Snake wants. When you are on the ground, you need to be super fast and very aware of your spacing. Turnips are nice to have in hand just in case they try to DACUS towards you.

This matchup is kinda hit and run, but Peach has the tools to slaughter Snake. Just be super careful when you're around uptilt kill range. This is a very important time to space, space, space!! It should be very hard for the Snake to land that kill. Don't be silly and float right into. You could also bait the uptilt and punish with a fair.

One of my favorite stages to fight Snake on is FD, because there are no platforms for him to control with his C4. I rarely get blownup on this stage. It's also a great stage to avoid grenades.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
^Sorry about that.

Hey guys while I'm normally content with lurking this board I have a few quick questions. Now I frequently play a South FL friend of mine online(lower end Green connection) DJ Jack. He mains Falco. Now I just need to clear up a few things for myself since I'm not sure if it's just the WiFi clouding things. In the past I've usually managed the Dthrow CG on his Falco and others just fine since I'm very tight with my timing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aGRzIL0P78 example at 5:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMsI3MkkXA example at 1:35

Recently though I've had him pulling out just as he gets to early 20s. Maybe it's misinformation my part(or wifi screwing with me) does not peach have the CG till around 30%? Can the Falcos pull out earlier with good enough DI? We've both been improving in terms of SDI so I was wondering if that's how he's been escaping. Another thing is I was wondering if a certain string he's been using on my fresh stocks legitimately works offline or *again it's just WiFi. Here it is:

Grab>Dthrow>Dair>Single Jab>Grab>Dthrow>At this point it's a bit random and depends on if I pull out or if he reads me well enough to land another attack/grab of some kind. My memory fails me a bit here. I usually try to SDI off the Dair Spike/Jab, but most of the time he manages continue along with the string. How long does the Falco CG last on Peach(solely Dthrows) and what's the best means of escaping/DI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMsI3MkkXA Example at 1:00 Not exactly the string I mention above but he CGs me here. Is it supposed to last as long as it does there or is it just wifi increasing the difficulty of escape?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh lemme point out something real quick. When I said up to 30% I meant that I though that's roughly the percentage result you're left with after you performed the last Dthrow(give or take a few number places). In the first video I linked I got to 34%(starting at 12%) after the last grab and in vid two I got to 27%(starting at 3%). I don't mean performing the last chainable grab on 30%. Thank you though Meno if that's the answer regardless. Any information on my second question?

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
Grab>Dthrow>Dair>Single Jab>Grab>Dthrow>At this point it's a bit random and depends on if I pull out or if he reads me well enough to land another attack/grab of some kind. My memory fails me a bit here. I usually try to SDI off the Dair Spike/Jab, but most of the time he manages continue along with the string. How long does the Falco CG last on Peach(solely Dthrows) and what's the best means of escaping/DI?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAMsI3MkkXA Example at 1:00 Not exactly the string I mention above but he CGs me here. Is it supposed to last as long as it does there or is it just wifi increasing the difficulty of escape?
I think(don't know for sure) you can nair before the dair comes out on falcos dthrow -> dair. But once you start nairing, he can read it easily and shield it(which equals another grab), so he still holds the better cards in that situation. I don't think there is anything you can do if you get hit by a dair though. Even if it's not 100% guaranteed, it still leads into jabs/grabs incredibly well because if it doesn't pop you up, it just puts you into that flinching animation. About getting jabbed, I don't remember for sure. You MIGHT be able to nair before the grab comes out, but keep trying to SDI it.

Take this with a grain of salt though because I haven't played the matchup in over a year.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
K, I'm too lazy to go through 62 pages so I'm just going to ask here. What's bonewalking and what are it's uses?

Top Bottom