• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
**** i hope teams vids of that come out soon, i happened to see a few on a live stream and they were f***ing ****

also, what's with all this quitting talk? It's not like smash is a job, just play with ure friends and turn up to events when you feel like it for fun
tourneys are hassle i know, but it's always worth it

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah whathappened to you cpt smashie

havent heard from you in ages

still play green marth :)

VA

Smash Hero
loool Don't forget that VA can't play against marths like I can.
Why is everyone talking about my techskill lately like thats all I have lol. Unless its a compliment but most of the time it doesn't seem that way lol. It's always saying I **** cos of my techskill.....oh well I still **** and you lot can't hack it.
says who? far as I remember we both had some issues against marths at GGT. I practiced against Fuzzy in early January plus some advice from Eggz + Firexemblemxpryde and I am a lot better in that match up now. I played a set against fuzzy's marth when I visited and it was tight, I think he won 3-2 by a tiny margin.

plus I have tricks against marths that no one else uses ;)

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah whathappened to you cpt smashie

havent heard from you in ages

still play green marth :)
yeah, you had me confused for a minute there with that new name >_>
lol i think the last time i played you was at the london tournament where said green marth got brutally 4 stocked :(
been out of the loop somewhat, not much smash goin on in leeds

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
**** i hope teams vids of that come out soon, i happened to see a few on a live stream and they were f***ing ****

also, what's with all this quitting talk? It's not like smash is a job, just play with ure friends and turn up to events when you feel like it for fun
tourneys are hassle i know, but it's always worth it
:laugh: soooooo true. One of the great things about smash is that you can come back to it or play it whenever you feel like it. For one thing you only need a cube/wii and a controller. Then theres also the fact that you could not play the game for ages, come back and after a few games be back to how good you were when you last played.

Methinks people are talking bout smash like its serious when it rly isn't :laugh:.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
:laugh: soooooo true. One of the great things about smash is that you can come back to it or play it whenever you feel like it. For one thing you only need a cube/wii and a controller. Then theres also the fact that you could not play the game for ages, come back and after a few games be back to how good you were when you last played.

Methinks people are talking bout smash like its serious when it rly isn't :laugh:.
the only person who said they were quitting was Aaron and Im pretty sure that was just for dramatic effect lol.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
sorry noobking wasn't too impressed man :/ work on your falcon consistency with combos..and you're getting absolutely dumped on by fox

At least when I watch/play zeppo even if he dosen't win he does some flashy stuff that makes you wanna roll up and die if he does it to you lol

But when I watch your falcon its just average

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
right..and how many falcon matches have you watched, when i watch the matches it's basically watching an average falcon..your ganon is more interesting to watch on brinstar

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
you dont need to play people to be a good analyst.

most people say dont judge vids

but if you have more lots of the players matches you can make a suitable decision .

when you watch vids just keep putting yourself in shoes at the time you can tell if their are good or not ,

like i said sometime ago i dont like watching your falcon :p

VA

Smash Hero
and you're wrong about being able to "put yourself" in someones shoes. that's just stupid seeing as you have no idea of what's going on in their head at the time, all you can see when watching vids is the right option, you may not know why someone did something as you can't see how they view the game. Ignorant as ever edwin.

says who? far as I remember we both had some issues against marths at GGT. I practiced against Fuzzy in early January plus some advice from Eggz + Firexemblemxpryde and I am a lot better in that match up now. I played a set against fuzzy's marth when I visited and it was tight, I think he won 3-2 by a tiny margin.

plus I have tricks against marths that no one else uses ;)
I think you have alot more trouble with marth then I do but if you feel you can take marths then I guess I will have to see it as I haven't seen it lately. No insult is intended lol.

and you're wrong about being able to "put yourself" in someones shoes. that's just stupid seeing as you have no idea of what's going on in their head at the time, all you can see when watching vids is the right option, you may not know why someone did something as you can't see how they view the game. Ignorant as ever edwin.
I agree tbh. I think there is always situations while watching a game where it would be near impossible to tell what the player was thinking or what he did to get in that position which could make him look better or worse then he really is.

VA

Smash Hero
I did have trouble with marths, but I worked on it. Probably you're still better vs marth than me with fox, but you'd surprised at how many other viable characters I have ;) God I haven't been this cocky in ages.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
VA : the right option usually determines if they are good .

i know you cant seemingly put yourself in there place

but judging the choices can judge if the player is skilled

if i know he did that i know he is thinking towards setting that certain thing

up ,

King NDJ277 : eventually there is going to be a time King when you become as good as you can get , so will the fox and you will never win :) its glorious isnt t it

Prof.pro

you could certainly tell if someone made a wrong move / it was a fluke move

I did have trouble with marths, but I worked on it. Probably you're still better vs marth than me with fox, but you'd surprised at how many other viable characters I have ;) God I haven't been this cocky in ages.
loool I didn't realize you being cocky. Prob cos it doesn't reach my amazing cocky attitude and I see every other lower case of it as average conversation.

lol

i hated playin foxs wit my link coz it was always **** now dnt really care n i hve fun coz it pushes me 2 new limites =]
Thats a good attitude to come with.

King NDJ277 : eventually there is going to be a time King when you become as good as you can get , so will the fox and you will never win :) its glorious isnt t it

Prof.pro

How can you say that about King lol, he could still ebat many foxes if he gets good enough. They way you desrcibe stuff is as if it is the same in every situation.

And yeah I didn't say you couldnt tell when people make a wrong move and stuff. I was basically saying you cant always tell what people are thinking, what true level they and how they would do against you by watching vidoes.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
VA : the right option usually determines if they are good .

i know you cant seemingly put yourself in there place

but judging the choices can judge if the player is skilled

if i know he did that i know he is thinking towards setting that certain thing

up ,

Prof.pro

so if a really scrub fox gets as good as he gets king will lose? doesn't sound accurate to me...

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
hey any smashfests going on

only one i know is kman is hosting this friday
but he s not sure about sat

pro you host on saturday :D

get nice finish

TC: the only way king would win if he is massively better than fox

if there around the same skill , the fox would win 80% of the time

its wonderful isnt it

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
hey any smashfests going on

only one i know is kman is hosting this friday
but he s not sure about sat

pro you host on saturday :D

get nice finish

TC: the only way king would win if he is massively better than fox

if there around the same skill , the fox would win 80% of the time

its wonderful isnt it
well yeah obviously but saying that if they're both at their full potential means king would lose is false...

and I'm sure he knows and doesn't care that he would lose to a fox of equal skill most of the time, otherwise he'd be playing another char right now.

aaron:

king_NDj247

Smash Ace
TC: exactly
love playin link he's my boy gotta stick wit him coz thats how it is lol

but in sum sense i get wat edwins sayin it just due 2 the tier list y he saying that but its all about the mindgames baby the mindgames LOL n we knw the boomerang can make or break a situation

Boomerang friend or foe? Hmmm...

Well at least a few people in the UK play a few lesser used characters. Without them smash would be less interesting. King is too good
You mean people who play people like Doc. I'm pretty sure they don't progress lol. Link is good though, along with Mario and roy and mewtwo....but doc......

yup, nothing beats watching owna suicide egging professor pro even though he knows it would cost him the set
loool That was pretty gay, he should have won the set imo just for that. I think I am going to look into the rules of smash being changed.

J03

Smash Master
alot of people think that characters outside of the top tier can't contend at high level play.

i think a few can give anyone a hard time, like;

Falcon
IC's
Ganon
Mario
Link
Luigi
Pikachu

and some have tonnes of banter they'll get played regarless, like;

Yoshi
Roy
DK
G&W
Bowser

Discuss

VA

Smash Hero
Ganon is ****, just look at Kage. Got 5th at Revival of Melee beating KDJ, Azen, Jman among others. DK and Roy are also so sick.

Top Bottom