• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The old SWF

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Infractions were cooler when there wasn't a system in place and mods just remembered them.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I joined in early May 2008, I got Brawl late in April so I joined a bit after I got obsessed with SSBB, however I lurked at those times and didn't post much, it wasn't until July 2008, when I left to the USA for holidays and couldn't brawl, its when I picked up most techniques, I was active and posting a lot until October or something, when I joined another forum and left SWF for that, which is why my post count stopped going higher at a fast rate, afterwards I only come here to post in the Pool Room and other related things, which are pretty interesting and cool here. I probably wouldn't have joined SWF in its early days cause I was only 6/7 years old back in '01. :p

Old SWF looks pretty interesting, as the first forum I ever joined back in my n00b days(2007 and a bit of 2008) was a small forum under 150 members, I was posting(probably spamming aswell :p) a lot until I got in the Top 10 posters with 250 posts, I eventually got banned and joined its sister forums but came back in March 2008. I think smaller forums are more "Cozy" than bigger ones, cause you can know fellow members better and become closer friends with them.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
SmashBoards is the only forum I've stayed on, and remained active on, for any extended length of time.

The first forum I ever joined was The Mystical Forest Zone Forums (the site that hosts the sprite comic InSONICnia, if any of you ever read it), and I stayed on there for...oh, I don't even remember how long anymore. Then I stopped going there and it was deleted from existence entirely a few years later.

On September 3rd 2007 I joined the Nintendo NSider forums in order to speculate about Brawl. Of course, there are two problems with that. For one, the NSider forums sucked in just about every way possible. (Seriously, not allowing people to edit until they've reached a certain rank? Spam encouragement much?) For another, the forums got shut down on September 17th. Lawl.

Then about a month after Brawl had come out I decided I wanted to join a forum again, so I came here. Ironically, part of the reason I wanted to join here was to yell at the "tourney***s" for having the gall to play their own way in tournaments or something. Now I am a supporter of said people and I've stayed on the forum for nearly two years now.

I've joined a few forums afterward (Serebii and Kitty Corp, to name a few).

SmashBoards is, by far, the best forum I've ever been on. I can't imagine I'll leave this community unless I end up not having time for internet communities at all; which I imagine won't happen. Surely even if my life gets incredibly busy, I'll always have time to lurk and post every now and then.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
First forum i ever joined.
I may take this opportunity to make a donation to SWF to thank them for the good times....
nah
This.
Just change "first" to "second", "this opportunity" to "a week ago" and "nah" to "yah".
First was technically WoW-Europe's forum, which I joined when I made my game account during 2005, even though I didn't post until 2007

I first found this place in 2005, but didn't register until '06. Can't remember why.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
I registered when I first found this place. I figured it'd be a good idea to do so and learn all that I could about SSBM. Haha. Then I met my current and longest best friend Ash, aka ThunderMistress, along with ShagBot5000 and AruunofShadow (back then he was JediMasterYoda98 haha). We still talk practically every day, it's been 8 years since we all met...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*rages*

Groan Im so jealous of you people. You guys got to experience the golden years, while I joined in 2009. Now Ill never have the joy of experiencing nostalgia....

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
*rages*

Groan Im so jealous of you people. You guys got to experience the golden years, while I joined in 2009. Now Ill never have the joy of experiencing nostalgia....
Just wait another 10 years. Another forum I frequent also passed it's golden years when I wasn't there yet.
EDIT: any stories of the past that might interest us?

Mewter

Smash Master
Looking at these links make me nostalgic even though I'm new. :\

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i started in 03 and still here.

this is waaaaaay off topic but where is gideon and has he EVER been seen in real life?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
this. i miss the rep system so much :(
Haha, it would probably never work though. I can't even imagine how many people would ***** and moan about somebody giving them bad rep.

Gideon died in the SWF crash in 2003 or whatever. he sacrificed himself to keep the site up
:O

True hero. Even more amazing, he then came back to life to carry on the site until 2008!

Seriously though, has anyone here seen him in real life?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No, but his ghost is throwing a party when the site reaches a million members.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I registered when I first found this place. I figured it'd be a good idea to do so and learn all that I could about SSBM. Haha. Then I met my current and longest best friend Ash, aka ThunderMistress, along with ShagBot5000 and AruunofShadow (back then he was JediMasterYoda98 haha). We still talk practically every day, it's been 8 years since we all met...
SSJCranman?

PS. Whatever happened to JMY98!? I haven't heard from him in AAGGEEESSS

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Darn, you were actually able to get Backroom access by simply donating, man, how times change.

lol at Gideon ghost throwing a party at 1 million site hits.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I only vaguely remember that time, but it's cool to see the old layout with Young Link at the top. That's all I really remember from that time, though. lol. Wasn't there also a red one with Mario (I think SNES Mario) or something? Maybe I'm thinking of a different forum. =/

RichBrown

Smash Master
I was a little douchebag 13 year old kid when I first started posting here, I never had any idea what I was saying.

I'm now a 20 year old music major, and ranked 6th in brawl in so cal

Anything is possible <3

And yeah I recognize just about all the names here, including you LT. And Xdade was the ****, that guy was hilarious.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
SSJCranman?

PS. Whatever happened to JMY98!? I haven't heard from him in AAGGEEESSS
Haha I think I know who SSJCranman is. I still kinda keep in touch with him. He's pretty aloof always going to Canada to visit his girlfriend.

JMY's busy with college and work. Lol. He plays WoW every once in awhile too.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I remember talking to you in aim chats way back when. and competitive tetris and gunbound and all that good ****.

KirbyMan3000

Smash Lord
Hahah yeah! Remember when we started using at AIM program that lets you login as multiple SNs and we spammed the chats? xD

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
haha yeah i still have my 800,000 screennames active actually.

too bad middleman kind of phased out.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Dang, is that Xdae?

MKiller came back last week, though I think he's gone again :c

Top Bottom