• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Only use Uair if he is in hit stun from a banana, coming out of an air dodge, etc.
Usually I just move to the side just enough to attempt a fair, I never found u-air that great. If they are close enough to the ground (BF lower platforms for example) I just up-tilt. I only use it to kill big characters like DeDeDe. Even that's difficult because they have to be at a high percent.

Player-3

Smash Hero
how do i beat p1s diddy with marth

hes too good

he killed me twice with his barrels

by deploying them at me when i was at like 190%
aaaaaaaaaah

MetaMeeks

Smash Apprentice
Is there video? If so put it in my thread and we'll help you out.
The only video I have is a doubles match against Lain and Anther and I didn't even play Diddy so it's kind of worthless. I have another tournament coming up so I'll try to play on a tv that's recording the matches and post it on your thread. I'm already subscribed to it.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
The only video I have is a doubles match against Lain and Anther and I didn't even play Diddy so it's kind of worthless. I have another tournament coming up so I'll try to play on a tv that's recording the matches and post it on your thread. I'm already subscribed to it.
I'll be waiting.

I have a question regarding an odd replay I have. In it, my friend is playing as Diddy and I was Snake. What was so weird was that I launched a mortar and it hit him point blank as he was doing a fair but it seemed like the fair had super-armor. It might have just been a WiFi thing but idk. It happened on the interior part of castle siege. We were above the statues and i launched the mortar on the right flag thing. Note that it didn't hit the flag and it hit Diddy.
Fair doesn't have any super-armor correct?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding an odd replay I have. In it, my friend is playing as Diddy and I was Snake. What was so weird was that I launched a mortar and it hit him point blank as he was doing a fair but it seemed like the fair had super-armor. It might have just been a WiFi thing but idk. It happened on the interior part of castle siege. We were above the statues and i launched the mortar on the right flag thing. Note that it didn't hit the flag and it hit Diddy. Fair doesn't have any super-armor correct?
I'm pretty sure Fair does not have SA, did Diddy take damage?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
A LOT of aerials can go through snake's mortars.. It's nothing special. Basically, you're just attacking the mortar and you destroy the mortar before it gives you any damage. There is no super armor on any aerials IIRC. You're just destroying the mortar before it hits you.

/random snake main who sees this all the time

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
A minor tip, assuredly known but fairly unused tactic:

If you shield pressure someone near the edge of the stage and push them off your dtilt is fast enough to have an effect similar to MK's and you can get 3-6 hits in as they are falling off the stage.

It should get you a solid 15-20% extra and it obviously leads into edgeguard. Its definitely worth looking out for.

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
A minor tip, assuredly known but fairly unused tactic:

If you shield pressure someone near the edge of the stage and push them off your dtilt is fast enough to have an effect similar to MK's and you can get 3-6 hits in as they are falling off the stage.

It should get you a solid 15-20% extra and it obviously leads into edgeguard. Its definitely worth looking out for.
I use this sometimes.
You can vary the combo too.
For instance, instead of just DTilt, you could do:
Shield Push -> DTiltt -> Jab -> DTilt -> DSmash

Dekar173

Justice Man
Correct me if I'm wrong but... A bunch of you didn't know that you can fair, bair, dair, diddy kick... etc. Snake's mortar?

I feel wronged in some way.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
snake? his ground game works on anyone including falco and luigi. While Diddy has trouble implementing his normal ground game on them.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Does a good camp game count as ground game. I am guessing so; if this is the case then Falco, Oli, and Rob beat Snakes ground game pretty bad. Oli ***** approaches and his range beats out tilts, Falco prevents nade spam with shine and can laser spam, Rob can detonate nades with the laser and his Gyro limits movement (kinda). Snake DOES probably have a better ground game but I am going to argue for Diddy cuz I like to argue.

Oh, and you forgot Wario yoshididdy

EDIT: The Wario boards say that the Snake matchup is 60:40 so now, i just don't know.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
As much as i love Diddy's ground game i have to say snakes is better just because its more versatile and he can cover alot more of the stage. not to mention the insane range he has with his tilts can minimize the safe areas left on the stage. buuut other than snake i would hope Diddy would be number 2 for that

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Snake can camp pretty well considering you can camp with grenades all day and space with tilts.

And falco is weird. His ground game is just CG, jab, and upsmash.

And snake beats rob definitely. If rob had the best ground game then he would be a top tier character cause his aerials are legit.

Snake can shield reflector and punish the lag. Lasers aren't really ground game.

olimar. i dunno lol

diddy is 2nd best i think.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm choosing a secondary to deal with Dedede and Snake.
Should I pick Dedede or Falco? (All things considered)

I'm leaning towards Dedede, but I like Falco as well : /

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Pick up Olimar. He is harder counter to D3 and Snake.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Snake can camp pretty well considering you can camp with grenades all day and space with tilts.

And falco is weird. His ground game is just CG, jab, and upsmash.

And snake beats rob definitely. If rob had the best ground game then he would be a top tier character cause his aerials are legit.

Snake can shield reflector and punish the lag. Lasers aren't really ground game.

olimar. i dunno lol

diddy is 2nd best i think.
No, I was saying they BEAT his ground game. You gave examples to who beats Diddy's remember.

EDIT: sorry, I did word my post very badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom