• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I sorta have a weird pick for a secondary i wanna make my second the IC's but im not sure how well that works for Diddy. It used t be snake but my IC's have become alot better than my snake recently....so who would make a better second for diddy IC's or snake?

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Well you are going to have to look for Diddy's bad matchups first. Then you find IC's good matchups and see if they counter Diddy's bad matchups, thenyou do the same for Snake. I don't know the exact MU descriptions but I'm going to go with Snake.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Guys, I don't see why you have a matchup discussion thread.

All matchups:
1) What opponent can do to you
2) Things to watch out for if they grab your banana

/done

There is no:
3) How do we do this matchup?

You do it the same as you do every other matchup. >:

/lawl

Now for serious:

Dtilt at ledge > dash > up-B barrel spike = legit. Srsly. Legit.

I did it in Diddy dittos.

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
I have a small question.

When I shield with Diddy, what are my good option to punish a bocked move. Sometime my oponent is just a bit outside my grab range and I am not sure if I have a fast enough move with enough range to punish

Also anything that is decent when I block something and my opponent is in my back

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
Rising up-B is underrated IMO.

I only know one Diddy who actually uses it.
it is! i also been using up B as a finisher when people try to recover really high to avoid being spiked. its risky though much most people wont catch onto it in time. Funny as hell though.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
thanks, i goof off alot in friendlies and i forgot we were recording the second match so i coulda did better. i have a lot of vids from friendlies that we do here, ill try post more.

hey! NYNJA**
I'm very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very sorry.

EDIT: I heart copypasta.

Oh and Count, I won that 20$. How many whores can I buy with that?

DUB

Smash Lord
it is! i also been using up B as a finisher when people try to recover really high to avoid being spiked. its risky though much most people wont catch onto it in time. Funny as hell though.
I use this on Snakes if I can't get to them with anything else. It will kill off the top.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
!!!

where have you been

id like to know...am i the only diddy main that hates the taste of bananas?

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Bananas are not so pleasant to actually eat :(

And Susa Dtilt to Up B is legit (at least I use it) but it works in more match ups than Diddy Dittos.

-L-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I tend to eat a lot of bananas. I prefer them to other fruit cause they're not really messy (Like Oranges can be).

I also quite like banana flavored drinks/shakes.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Bananas are not so pleasant to actually eat :(

And Susa Dtilt to Up B is legit (at least I use it) but it works in more match ups than Diddy Dittos.

-L-
I said I did it in Diddy Dittos. (Also the only time I play Diddy is the ditto....) it's sooo situational but it works soooooooo much.

I swear, I think you play like me and my friend Dao if you're finding this random crap having uses. :laugh:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Bananas are okay, but peaches are top tier.

I bet 2 bucks a random peach main comes by here and sigs this.

Limeee

Smash Champion
2 things

1. is it possible to do a glidetoss standing still (control stick down, c stick whereever) to use the invincibility frames?

2. can somebody host some videos for me? i have an sd card and homebrew and all that, AND a tournament next week which i'll be using diddy for the first time so i need some critique

EDIT: is nobody going to answer dominic's question? how noob friendly of you!

Player-1

Smash Legend
2 things

1. is it possible to do a glidetoss standing still (control stick down, c stick whereever) to use the invincibility frames?

2. can somebody host some videos for me? i have an sd card and homebrew and all that, AND a tournament next week which i'll be using diddy for the first time so i need some critique

EDIT: is nobody going to answer dominic's question? how noob friendly of you!
diddy doesn't have any invin frames on his glidtoss AFAIK

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I have a small question.

When I shield with Diddy, what are my good option to punish a bocked move. Sometime my oponent is just a bit outside my grab range and I am not sure if I have a fast enough move with enough range to punish

Also anything that is decent when I block something and my opponent is in my back

Most of the time you are just going to want to get out of the area unless you have a banana with you. Then you can GT forward or back.

TreK

Is "that guy"
he doesn't because glide tossing is throwing the banana before you get the invincible frames, when the move is still cancellable.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I've determined that some of the other character boards simply don't care about learning to use Bananas beyond Glide Toss > Hyphen Smash... Good for us, I guess.
Lol the boards don't care, but as your Diddy progresses your region WILL pick up Diddy just to see how to use naners and where your weaknesses are. It's hilarious, kind of like everyone picking up MK except the character wasn't designed to be busted ;)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Boards suck at handling bananas, individuals don't.

Boards=LOLOLOL GLIDE TOSS TO F-SMASH WE CAN PRO WITH BANANAS IT'S BETTER THAN DIDDY.

I've seen some individuals who think and handle bananas that way. Most are a little better with them, although some are extremely skilled with handling them and baiting + punishing Diddy's normal banana habits. Playing those people for a while in friendlies really helps you jump hurdles in your banana game (at least it did for me).

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I just wish I could find some of those good people at the University of Alabama so I could get practice ;.; All my friends who are really, really good went to Auburn. My skills are going to stagnate :(

This was raised in Potassium Overdose: WE can't Banana Choke Chaingrab, but can THEY? (They being any other character)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom