• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Just a quick question because it's late, and I don't feel like searching extensively (did a fairly quick search, found nothing).

I was playing with my brother, who uses Diddy, and we were just messing around. He uses his up-B in the air in the middle of FD. Well, instead of floating down like normal, his momentum started hovering up pretty significantly. Is this old news (sorry if it is, I honestly don't know much about Diddy and have little experience fighting him)?

Oh, and I was not using G&W.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Alright, that's probably it. I honestly don't remember hitting him, but that must be it, haha.
Well, thanks for the quick response. Night.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
wow thats awesome, thx for posting.
Has anyone tested how it affects when people are hit by the banana? Just normal? (Idk what im looking for, maybe it has a SUPER trip haha)
They cant block it. It slides under their feet and they trip.

ADHD

Smash Hero
NL how do you fight squirtles. It's annoying, his other pokemon are what makes the matchup easy but when he switches to squirtle he's just so hard to hit XD. It seems squirtle is really difficult to dash attack combo or something, when i dash attack I can rarely follow it up because he always flies two feet away in the air...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
You can shield grab them most of the time right since they have to be up close and personal?

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can shield grab them most of the time right since they have to be up close and personal?
No all this squirtle does is space aerials on my shield and its boring, and frustrating. I go even with it but all of the other pokemon get ***** by diddy. I needz skwertal halp

DUB

Smash Lord
Squirtle is debatable better in the air then Diddy. I'm pretty sure he's got good priority too with decent weaving ability so he can't get shield-grabbed.

Chrome against the chars who like to stay aerial and pressure your shield with aerials, GT OoS.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Simple question, how do you grab a banana without airdodging? I've seen NL do it I think, and I've tried Z like in melee but that makes me airdodge too.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Nice.....back in the day eh? lol

D3? good stuff!! I like the technique, sadly good snakes will catch on....over the past couple days it has just become a "surprise" spike lol.....

BTW, are any of the Diddy mains going to Gigabits in Orlando?

of course ill be there. i basically live in orlando

TreK

Is "that guy"
I don't try to do it unless it's PS1. I occasioinally do it on accident on LC and YI, but on PS1, on the first stage, if you get in the ditch between the house and the tree, the ditch right up next to the tree, you can GT and make it slide almost all the way to the edge, iunno if it works non GT.
Ty
It works on the stuff under the windmill in water part too :p
Other places i found :
2nd form of frigate orpheon
1st form of castle siege
But you need to take like one step in the slopes

If just checked everything i knew about the stages, cus in france we play like ONLY on FD that's boring T_T
There seem to be a lot of tricks on halberd and orpheon i'll learn to play on it asap :psycho:

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Just to clarify... the Diddy Hump Grab Release...

is that when you just do nothing, and wait for the grab to release? or does it count if you press a jump button, and do the footstool thing?

(this is regarding grabbing Snake offstage)

EDIT: @ Blank Mauser: try pressing Z when the banana is close to Diddy's hand (the one that is close to his head when he jumps)... or if it's easier, just press Z when the banana is at Diddy's head (which is basically the same thing)

EDIT2: nvm I tested it myself... if you press the jump button, Snake will get his cypher back... if you just wait for him to break, he won't

ADHD

Smash Hero
I have NEVER used this so it will come off as a stupid question. How do you dtilt with a banana in your hand?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Side b question: if you DHGR do you get your side b back and your up B. If you do the kick from the hump you can't up b again right, since it considering the "spike" thing a kick.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
question: im in a simple dilemma which i cant seem to get out of. its against a marth. ill be holding the edge thinking of how to get back on and the marth is perfectly spaced to attack in either the air or ground and h attack is always a guaranteed tip. how do i get back safely witout having to airdodge risking an attack.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
but see the falco reacted quickly enough to just grab the banana O_< i try that and my opponent marth does the same thing. but what i do notice is he never charges his smashes and i punish him for that with a spotdodge :p. its just i get overwhelmed by the great edgeguarding some people have that i lose some restraint and do everything i could to get back at the cost of a stock haha. but ill try mixing it up ty for making it clear for me o-o

Player-1

Smash Legend
but see the falco reacted quickly enough to just grab the banana O_< i try that and my opponent marth does the same thing. but what i do notice is he never charges his smashes and i punish him for that with a spotdodge :p. its just i get overwhelmed by the great edgeguarding some people have that i lose some restraint and do everything i could to get back at the cost of a stock haha. but ill try mixing it up ty for making it clear for me o-o
If he grabs the banana then you've eliminated some of the options he has, for that situation. You can jump in the air, side b away, mid air jump and get across the stage and give you some time to recover and think what your nexdt move is.

ADHD

Smash Hero
The matchup is so dman boring. Just have a banana in your hand at all times, and just spam peanuts to make him come out of his spindash. If it's a sonic who doesn't use spindash very oftently you shouldn't have much trouble at all.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
The matchup is so dman boring. Just have a banana in your hand at all times, and just spam peanuts to make him come out of his spindash. If it's a sonic who doesn't use spindash very oftently you shouldn't have much trouble at all.
its boring cause of the sonics in jersey...........besides malcolm they are boring.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think this was mentioned before and it was given a 'no', but can you single naner lock someone by throwing a banana forward > ftilt > Glideotss banana > ftilt? I was playing dittos today and I was hit with it about 3 or 4 times starting from 0, but it was online and that may have been why it was hard to get out of, iunno.

ADHD

Smash Hero
its boring cause of the sonics in jersey...........besides malcolm they are boring.
Nah, even though you hate wifi I had alot of anther's sonic experience. He had perfect spacing and timing and I just realized that I just needed to play gay. I never had a problem with that sonic ever again...

nasir123

Smash Ace
alright i was watching ningalink vs M2K and i heard in the comentary a lot that he was bgoin to barel cancel. now i know that when i do lose my up-B and resulting in to bartels flying it deals damage and knockback. Although is this possible on command?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well lol spelling error. And plus do u know if it is possible to barrel cancel on command?
yea just hold upb while on ground its great for anti-projectile game :3. if someone says BARREL CANCEL!!! u better do that upb xD

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I think this was mentioned before and it was given a 'no', but can you single naner lock someone by throwing a banana forward > ftilt > Glideotss banana > ftilt? I was playing dittos today and I was hit with it about 3 or 4 times starting from 0, but it was online and that may have been why it was hard to get out of, iunno.
I'm pretty sure DI up->jumping should be able to get out of that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd like to hear from you all what you've got planned for the next year's worth of smash as far as being Diddy mains goes.

My agenda
  • Host at least 5 Brawl tournaments (All of which will be Ranking Battles like Ketubato-X)
  • Place within the top 3 in my state's Player rankings
  • Finish Oathkeeper
  • Convince parents to let me blow $2500 and travel to Genesis in California

I wanna see representation in all the regions of America!

gallax

Smash Hero
question: for those of you that have played pika and know the matchup pretty well, what is it that makes pika a tough opponent?

i play this diddy online all the time and i just cannot beat him. what are some things that a pika main could try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom