• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
i was gone for awhile so about the glide tossing...

should i use c-stick for throwing the banana forward? it seems more practical to use the A button...

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
Edit: sorry for the double post...i can't find a way to delete this stupid message.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
ok my computers being weird i post the message then it dissapears and when i post it again theres another one! and i still can't find the stupid delete button!

white peachy

Smash Ace
So I started mucking around with Diddy's boost grab and boost pivot grab and realised that I don't know much on the stats of it. Is there anything noteworthy about them? Have we ever discussed it?

I found Diddy's boost pivot grab to be particularly noteworthy, he slides a fair distance while he does it. Though I'm not really sure how useful his pivot grab is (and any of his boosted grabs for that matter), I'd like to get people's opinions on what it can and can't do.
I wasn't even aware diddy could boost grab lol. Goes to test...

To the post above...you use the c-stick for mobility. It allows you to throw the naner in all 4 directions and to glide forwards and backwards in the process. It's also probably just easier in general.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmm the pivot grab in general is an awesome mindgame tech and the best example can be a half dash attacl (without the knockback hits) into a pivot grab :3 looks kinda like mk's dash attack in pivot grab but more flashy. its useful for mindgames not much else i cannot recall.

rob.bot64

Smash Rookie
hey im just wondering has anyone actually implemented the single naner lock into their game?

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
is it better to use a fair/bair or dair after a dash attack? (i know its dair off the edge, but what about in the middle of the stage?)

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
is it better to use a fair/bair or dair after a dash attack? (i know its dair off the edge, but what about in the middle of the stage?)
Depends on the circumstance really but I prefer using bair at lower percents and trying to keep my fair as fresh as possible for a possible kill later on once they're at higher percents.

Esca

Smash Champion
Depending on your positioning, the dash attack will send them up to the right, straight up, or up to the left, in which case i'd fair, bair, and uair them. Uair is a really good move out of dash attack.

EDIT: And Rob.bot, I actually have been doing the Single Banana lock alot lately, I'll just do it 4 or 5 times though, don't wanna ruin a good opportunity to kill.

white peachy

Smash Ace
How do you guys typically cancel momentum with diddy. We all know aerial-->fastfall after DI but does Side B'ing also help. This has probably been discussed before and I just missed it but I'd like to know what everyone does.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
just remember if u side-b u'll pop upwards. U can still dair onstage and set up for a techchase. I do that to keep my fair fresh.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
i wanna see it in some videos thien

your the best diddy to watch
LOL, I thought I said nonsense when I'm drunk. =)

But yeah, the (new?) setup I came across last night was purely accidental, but it somewhat solves the issues that arise when you have to take your opponent's character model height into consideration. I will get back to you all after more experimenting this weekend.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Why does a diddy have problems with Frigate Orphean and Halberd? And what about Lylat Cruise?

I would'nt say that Halberd and Lylat are necessarily bad stages. Halberd is actually okay for Diddy. It has a very distracting backround

Lylat is just awkward when it comes to manipulating bananas, but its also awkward for the majority of the cast at the same time. I would'nt really say that Lylat is a bad stage for Diddy, but it isn't the best.

If you want to counterpick Diddy, pick Norfair :urg:

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
45:55 Luigi tome. His greasy feet doesnt help the banana combo at all.
luigi can combo the **** out of Diddy. Diddy can do the same back but in a a way he has the advantage (just a bit) cause of his feet >_> i call this space game...
There's no way it's a neutral matchup. Good Luigis are alot different than average ones
One of my hardest matchups is against luigi just because its hard to lead to combo's since he slides so far and he can combo so well.
>_>

you answered them too

Sino

Smash Journeyman
I would'nt say that Halberd and Lylat are necessarily bad stages. Halberd is actually okay for Diddy. It has a very distracting backround

Lylat is just awkward when it comes to manipulating bananas, but its also awkward for the majority of the cast at the same time. I would'nt really say that Lylat is a bad stage for Diddy, but it isn't the best.

If you want to counterpick Diddy, pick Norfair :urg:
Yeah Lylat is pretty safe for the banana spam. I thought Frigate is too small for diddy's banana's and on the right side it is easy too gimp, imo

Nitrix

Smash Ace
If you read all 4 of those quotes, they all have it in luigis favor >_>

Of course the Luigi vs Diddy matchup is in Luigi's favour. I'm not sure as to what degree, but trying to say that Diddy has the advantage is very hard to justify. Diddy has troubles vs oponents that primarily use aerial combat.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
The mere fact that Luigi can slide and can kill a Diddy with a Fsmash at 90% is a known fact that Luigi does have the match pretty much to himself.

rob.bot64

Smash Rookie
LOL, I thought I said nonsense when I'm drunk. =)

But yeah, the (new?) setup I came across last night was purely accidental, but it somewhat solves the issues that arise when you have to take your opponent's character model height into consideration. I will get back to you all after more experimenting this weekend.
haha never really thought of getting on smashboards after drinking, im interest to hear this new approach

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
. U can still dair onstage and set up for a techchase. I do that to keep my fair fresh.
ok got it, but what about nair and uair? whens the best time to use them?
sry, i no im annoying, its just that diddy is so amazingly awesome with technical skill and stuff, that i just wanna be perfect with him!

Player-1

Smash Legend
ok got it, but what about nair and uair? whens the best time to use them?
sry, i no im annoying, its just that diddy is so amazingly awesome with technical skill and stuff, that i just wanna be perfect with him!
Uair is good for keeping your fairs and bairs fresh and unpredictable as well. Also, depending on where you hit with a dash attack, Uair can hit where both fairs and bairs can so if you're unsure on whether to use a fair or bair and you're opponent has a good airdodge game thing then you might want to go for Uair. Nair is good for OoS stuff, sometimes bair is better, but it pops your opponent up in the air so it's easier to Utilt/Usmash juggle them at lower percents. Nair is also pretty good for landing on the stage when you're barely off the ground because it's quick, multi hit, pretty good priority, and still good for popping your opponent in the air.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I need dedede help. I can't seem to kill this big dumb penguin. I can usually **** early on in the match and get a good 40-70% easily from the get go. However it's killing him that is the problem. I have a pro dedede friend who i play with daily and i may win maybe 2-3 times out of like say 20. Every single stock he lasts at the earliest around 170 while im dying around 90-110. I just got finished playing him where i got a early spike and i was only at 50 just for him to last til 238 the very next stock and he still won the match. Like is aid killing is the problem for me and avoiding that **** utilt of his is also a annoying problem. Obviously i can't play on fd all the time and i usually never pick it anyway cause i know in tournaments people are going to ban it. I always get stuck on the platforms on BF just so dedede can utilt me. I can space myself pretty well so his cg is not a big issue for me. But any tips on winning his matchup? According to the matchup thread it's 60-40 diddy so i must be doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom