• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreK

Is "that guy"
it seems like lucas's b stick stuff, but with a popgun cancel. It seems weird, i'd like to know the input for this if anyone can do it

Levitas

the moon
So I don't know anything about Diddy, but doesn't his up b normally cancel the momentum of his second jump if you do the two in succession?

I have a replay of a game where I screw around and get an upward drifting up b charge and the difference is quite dramatic, but no explanation that I'm aware of.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
So I don't know anything about Diddy, but doesn't his up b normally cancel the momentum of his second jump if you do the two in succession?

I have a replay of a game where I screw around and get an upward drifting up b charge and the difference is quite dramatic, but no explanation that I'm aware of.
It just like lucas's zap jump (Hitting jump and up b at the same time) the only difference with diddys, is that diddy must have been hit before.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do Diddy users ever b-reversal the peanut gun to avoid attacks like Snake does with grenades? I never see it. It has about as much lag as Olimar's whistle if you cancel it just after b-reversing it. You won't airdodge.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
you can airdodge if you charge the popgun for a little. ive never seen anyone try to dodge an attack with it. it doesnt have that much tactical use except which direction you pluck a naner in, you just turn around.
the timing for it is kind of difficult imo, and you have to physically think about turning around in mid air to try to do some thing like fair, when it would take half that time just to think "oh, bair" and do it.

SRTM

Smash Ace
can you only dribble backwards (sliding in the opposite direction your facing)? I cant do it forwards when facing forwards.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
can you only dribble backwards (sliding in the opposite direction your facing)? I cant do it forwards when facing forwards.
you can single dribble forward by holding towards the naner after you glidetoss down, then pick it up and repeat.
its slightly slower than the normal dribble, and i would only use it to show off
this at is usually referred to as the pivot dribble

Edit: normal dribble is usually the better choice because its faster, and easier to do

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can reverse your momentum if you b-reverse the popgun. It's got little lag, and it can avoid attacks very well after being launched upwards. I can see all sorts of potential with it. Look at some of these videos (a link) and watch how he avoids stuff using b-reversed nades. That's what I'm talking about, but Diddy can do it with the popgun, and still preserve an airdodge, side-b, or whatever.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't know how to B reverse momentum =/, I only do it by accident, I'd use it if I knew but I've been t lazy to find out.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
just press b and immeditely press right or left lightly and u shoot in the direction you turned to. :3 but if u press hard it might not register like it sometimes does for me :\.

Player-1

Smash Legend
just press b and immeditely press right or left lightly and u shoot in the direction you turned to. :3 but if u press hard it might not register like it sometimes does for me :\.
...I know how to B reverse...I don't know how to reverse the momentum...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
...I know how to B reverse...I don't know how to reverse the momentum...
Try this:
1.) jump forward
2.) tap the other direction slightly and press b in one quick motion.
(you have to press both buttons quickly or your momentum won't change directions. In other words, you can't just hold the opposite direction and then press b)
3.) press shield immediately afterwards. (to cancel it quickly- which will keep you from airdodging)

Edit: Does this-VVVVVV happen a lot in the Diddy boards? lol

Levitas

the moon
It just like lucas's zap jump (Hitting jump and up b at the same time) the only difference with diddys, is that diddy must have been hit before.
I think I understand.

The knockback from an enemy's move is making your momentum cancelling of the up b not work, so the jump momentum is preserved.

Is this useful?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Not really, since it can only be activated when you get hit.

.Also, If you just start charging your upB without using your jump then you will still fall at the same rate you were falling even when you charge your upB.
In other words, your upB usually stops/slows most downward momentum, but instead of stopping/slowing your momentum you will just keep falling at the same rate you were before you were even charging your upB.

T_E_S

Smash Rookie
Are there any new techs for diddys nanaers? Because I don't think they are cheap enough

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My, my beautiful forum.
Seriously, this same thing happens every couple of months.

Some random guy comes in and spams about Diddy in every thread.
:(

Somebody is having a bad day.

Albert.

Smash Master
OK so... I have a friend that uses every character at a very advanced level, and he sometimes manages to completely own my sorry *** with Diddy... without the bananas
O_o

He soemtimes uses the naners as a last resort

what is the SWF Diddy Expert opinion on this style of play?

Edit: Spell check >_<

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
maybe hes just good at mindgames and spacing
who were you against him?

non banana play isnt nearly as effective as with them
theres more mindgames, techs, combos, spacing methods, and damage building capability.
i think that non naner play can never be as good as normal play with them.

Albert.

Smash Master
thank you for editing your post to actually answer my question.

well I obviously know that a Diddy with bananas has more options but

thats something impressive though

to be just as efficent as a character? using the special move as a special move instead of a whole style and metagame...

just a thought though.

being really good without nannas and then pulling them out on their last stock to make them pray for death

LOL

DFEAR

Smash Hero
how do you guys start the match? do you immedietely short hop and reverse down b? well since most opponents always expect it i dont even jump or reverse, i do a normal down b and get a free single banana to myself from the start of the match o-< . how do you start off your matches the safest way?

Player-1

Smash Legend
It depends what character and what stage. On Battlefield I usually Side-b kick them, but I'll smash side-b kick or do the B extra momentum thing (Like mario cape of the ledge), and sometimes I turn a regular side b into a nair or fair or something. On FD I'll usually jump and pull one out and jump and pull another, but I've seen ADHD, in our dittos, full jump pull out 2, midair jump and instant throw it. I'll also start out by charging them with a side-b grab/kick or a dash attack and sometimes Usmash or peanuts. It usually depends on who I verse what character what stage and I usually don't do the same thing twice to mixup things.

Player-1

Smash Legend
NL doesn't find D3 easy to beat...well I won't speak for him, but he normally loses to Atomsk D3, so I've been told.

Player-3

Smash Hero
D3 is incredibly easy to beat all you have to do is press down b up b into his up b when he trys to land on you

or
cp rainbow cruise
RC for neutral

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Ok I would appreciate everyone to answer this question. :]

What do you guys do to edgegaurd with Diddy?
I have found that it's my weakest aspect in my overall game and I really need to improve it. So please help me out here.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
you can use peanuts, bananas or a variety of both if youre edgeguarding mk or some one dangerous.
if its lucario or a tether recovery i either try to spike/side b or edgehog.
on snake i usually just fair him, if they recover really high, i double jump up and smash banana pluck them (smash down b, not throw)
on falco, i try to use a downwards angled ftilt on their side b or double bair
on rob, i grab the edge, drop back, jump and bair to keep them away
those are just my strategies, you should find something that works well for you

DFEAR

Smash Hero
well first off i see how my opponents like to recover and force him to change which is usually very hard for some people to adjust to.

if down below edge-
stage spiking/dair/ ff fair/ footstool-barrel spiking/diddy hump/ ff ledge grab when they up b/ throw peanuts or bananas to take away jumps/etc.
if above edge-
force air dodges to attempt arial attacks/dair/diddy hump/ bananas peanuts to take away jumps/etc.

possibilities are really endless since u have 3 ways of getting back on stage (midair/sideb/upb) just utilze and time each one at appropriate times and you got yourself a free kill :3. my fav way of edge guarding is chasing my opponent down below and fair him if hes at 50%+ cuz thats a kill if they di badly which sometimes happens since its unexpected =P

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I guess I just feel like I'm to nervous to get off the stage just for the risk of losing my stock to some sort of gimp. Thanks for the help guys:]]

I would still appreciate to get others inputs on how they edgegaurd though.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I guess I just feel like I'm to nervous to get off the stage just for the risk of losing my stock to some sort of gimp. Thanks for the help guys:]]

I would still appreciate to get others inputs on how they edgegaurd though.
well im comfortable because hell if metaknight can do it so can i O_< even if its suicidal. once u perfect the art there wont be nothing to worry about later. but **** that doesnt mean go be stupid and chase a metaknight off stage thats literally asking for a shuttle loop/dair in the face O_<. just be smart when you gimp :3

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question:

Let's say you're near the edge and you just grabbed your opponent. They are at a high percent, and they would die from the f-throw/b-throw if they didn't DI.

Do any of you feel it's more beneficial to throw immediately in order to give them less time to think and react, or should you hit them a few times during the grab and then toss, to rack up more damage? Usually I throw right away and it seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom