• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
A new mindgame I've learned is for grabbing at high damage.

You grab your opponent. Say it's a metaknight at 160% at the edge. If they DI right, they can live. If they don't, they'll probably die. So you grab them, wait for them to freak out on their controller, mashing buttons, then throw them, so their fingers are off position, and they'll most likely die.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
ight long time no see diddy mains.
Back when I picked him up.

I got a question,

Lets propose a sanerio diddy just hit you with a nanner theres another nanner for him to throw beside him.
What is the best way to get up?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ight long time no see diddy mains.
Back when I picked him up.

I got a question,

Lets propose a sanerio diddy just hit you with a nanner theres another nanner for him to throw beside him.
the only way to get up from the initial throw is by DI away if u were hit in the air otherwise u must accept punishment for tripping lol

Sanzi

Smash Apprentice
A new mindgame I've learned is for grabbing at high damage.

You grab your opponent. Say it's a metaknight at 160% at the edge. If they DI right, they can live. If they don't, they'll probably die. So you grab them, wait for them to freak out on their controller, mashing buttons, then throw them, so their fingers are off position, and they'll most likely die.
Thanks that sounds cool.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
When facing Diddy, you have to be very careful about where and when you roll. Usually the best solution is to simply press A and get up when you think the bananas will stop for a moment. Just make sure you don't roll into the bananas.

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
Wait...There IS an aerial glide toss? I made a topic about that some time ago and everybody shot my theory down :(. We concluded that it was just a smash DI on the throw to change direction. But if there's video evidence otherwise then I want to see it.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
its not an aerial glide toss, its an instant ground toss
where you jump, press z and then immediately press a cstick direction when theres a banana next to you
you should pick up the naner with an air dodge, then cancel it with a throw
this works on people who like staying in the air like peach, kirby, meta, etc
you can also edge guard with it if theyre recovering high and dont expect it

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
its not an aerial glide toss, its an instant ground toss
where you jump, press z and then immediately press a cstick direction when theres a banana next to you
you should pick up the naner with an air dodge, then cancel it with a throw
this works on people who like staying in the air like peach, kirby, meta, etc
you can also edge guard with it if theyre recovering high and dont expect it
Oh that. Ok nvm then. I thought he was talking about doing a glide toss in the air. My mistake.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
another question diddy friends erm whats you alls views apon the diddy pika match up?
you kno how you win and how you advise pika to win
plz inform me of it all
I will highly apperciate everyones accitance thank you all so much
:D

TreK

Is "that guy"
I heard diddy ***** pika... But the only pika i know is europe's best T_T
Time for me to finally read that 50-pages-long matchup thread T_T

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
the main problem with pika is his spammy projectiles and multi-hit moves like dsmash or fair.
i find instant ground tosses against pika to be quite effective because his bolts can only go across the ground.
also, you can di the multi hit moves by doing a uair by holding up and rapidly pressing cstick-up.
if theyre spamming thunder (down b), keep your distance and wait for the right opening to strike

Bellioes

Smash Lord
How do we do the aerial glide toss
I know NL has some vids but i cant watch them
Im sorry I dont think I was clear enough
What I meant is that sometimes on youtube , Ive seen a glide toss done immediately upon landing from the air (at least it looks that way to me) and their sheidl doesn't pop up
So Im wondering how they do it
Do they buffer it from an air dodge or just have really good timing or what
Thanks in advance ^_^

Legic

Smash Cadet
hey, I'm having more problems with pit lately, He keeps spamming angel ring (neutral b) when I'm away and when I have a banana in hand he uses side b or down b. I can avoid it being reflected most of the times, but when I avoid it and try to attack with any other attack. It just beats mine, his fair and nair beat my aerials:ohwell: Although I beat the pit, it's just really annoying.
Any help for this match up?

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
hey, I'm having more problems with pit lately, He keeps spamming angel ring (neutral b) when I'm away and when I have a banana in hand he uses side b or down b. I can avoid it being reflected most of the times, but when I avoid it and try to attack with any other attack. It just beats mine, his fair and nair beat my aerials:ohwell: Although I beat the pit, it's just really annoying.
Any help for this match up?
Hmm. I have some problems with pit as well but the side B reflector you can Ftilt through I believe. I think you can Fsmash through it as well but don't trust me on that. The best bet is to come close with a banana and when does it just throw the banana down. If the pit has enough momentum he'll keep going forward and trip on it. Arrow spam is made to be annoying but just jump, shield, and dodge through it until you get about mid to close range. Make sure you have banana in hand when approaching. It will increase your options and limit his since he'll be wary of the banana.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm glad I have a decent knowledge of Pit.

If I were you, I would mind game the banana. Don't throw it at him, throw it beneath you. Use that to your advantage if he keeps doing something like that. Use that time to jump over him and use your bair before he has a chance to attack again. As for the aerials, I'm with you. They're nasty. I guess that's when you use your banana.

Legic

Smash Cadet
yes as a matter of fact I do mind game the bananas, I always do, thats why I like diddy and win with him a lot of times ^^ Thanks for the information , but I would like some more information from diddy's who are even more familiar with pit.:)

Ugg

Smash Champion
I have a couple question regarding stages;

Since when has Green Hill Zone become a legal counterpick? And also, from a first glance, it would look like it would be a decent stage for Diddy. Could anyone elaborate on this?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have a couple question regarding stages;

Since when has Green Hill Zone become a legal counterpick? And also, from a first glance, it would look like it would be a decent stage for Diddy. Could anyone elaborate on this?

We have a stage discussion thread I'm about to bump up, but I'm not doing green hill zone...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Still looking for an answer.. xD

I find that this stage makes banana play more difficult than others because of how it curves. Making your banana throws useless besides your up throw. That is, unless your on the higher part of the stage.

I really don't know much about this stage... but I see it as a pretty medicore diddy stage, nothing to special here that tips it on your advantage. It is possible to get a free kill if you are able to banana lock someone on the edges of this stage though, so that's nice. Another thing I see extremely useful is how small this stage really is, making it relatively easier for you to get kills.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
the walk offs on green hill zone are beneficial to diddy.
the curvy-ness of the stage is a big minus because you cant combo with naners easily.
i think that this stage could be goon for diddy if you camp on the sides and spam peanuts if they try to run away.
just watch out, you can get easily gimped of the walk offs that are the main positive factor for diddy of this stage

edit: i like your explanation dark ryu XD

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Haha thanks man.

Also I've been wondering, if you side b(not kick, just hump) can you go straight to a wall cling? Like lucario's upB to wall cling. *To lazy to test this out*
yeah, you can do this, but its not that useful unless youre trying to surprise them

Player-1

Smash Legend
So I was playing Hateoni(really good MK player) on wifi today and on Delfino Plaza I got him against the wall with a banana under him and started dtilting him against the wall and he couldn't escape until the stage rose up at 55%. He said he couldn't DI up, can someone test if this can be an infinite or if they can't DI out of it until higher % damage? It might have been because I was on the rooftop and I was on the slope while Dtilting him so that might have something to do with it and I have a video.

Ugg

Smash Champion
So I was playing Hateoni(really good MK player) on wifi today and on Delfino Plaza I got him against the wall with a banana under him and started dtilting him against the wall and he couldn't escape until the stage rose up at 55%. He said he couldn't DI up, can someone test if this can be an infinite or if they can't DI out of it until higher % damage? It might have been because I was on the rooftop and I was on the slope while Dtilting him so that might have something to do with it and I have a video.
I just tried it on a level 9 CPU MK (I know, but wait for the results) against the wall under the fin in Cornera. He escaped at about 50% by auto-DIing up and jumping out.

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
Yeah I've done that a few times against a few people, it seems to keep them there for a while but they escape pretty early on. I start the match out dtilting sometimes because it seems to keep a lot of characters stuck in it for a little bit, and if they get out of it they can't really punish you as long as you stop because by then you've pushed them too far away. Can usually get two to three in unless its a heavy character, than do some more. :)

Alright. I use every single move in diddy's arsenal except up-smash. I know it does a lot of damage and try to get it in there but any time I use it I don't hit with all of them or get punished because of the lag afterwards. Have you all found many uses for it?

DUB

Smash Lord
Yeah I've done that a few times against a few people, it seems to keep them there for a while but they escape pretty early on. I start the match out dtilting sometimes because it seems to keep a lot of characters stuck in it for a little bit, and if they get out of it they can't really punish you as long as you stop because by then you've pushed them too far away. Can usually get two to three in unless its a heavy character, than do some more. :)

Alright. I use every single move in diddy's arsenal except up-smash. I know it does a lot of damage and try to get it in there but any time I use it I don't hit with all of them or get punished because of the lag afterward. Have you all found many uses for it?

- After dash attack
- if tail end of dash attack hits and you go through them you can U-Smash back the other way which is very quick
-Has good use OoS, punish landing with it if the opportunity presents itself

It's a good pressure move. If your dash attack is SHIELDED you can use it quickly to eat away at the shield or intercept the Shield Grab

DFEAR

Smash Hero
It's a good pressure move. If your dash attack is SHIELDED you can use it quickly to eat away at the shield or intercept the Shield Grab
unless theres grab armor >_<. watch out for that

Ugg

Smash Champion
I have an interesting question (not really Diddy related, but you guys are cool.)

Is there any sure-fire remedy for a sticky button? On my gamecube controller, my A button always sticks, and I can't seem to get rid of it. :\

awful

Smash Cadet
I needz help

I have trouble ko'ing against my freinds who do a good job of DI'ing and keeping away from my smash attacks

racking damage with bananas really isnt a problem for me, but ive noticed diddy is really hard to ko with other than gimping

can anyone help me solvie this problem?

sorry if this has already been asked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom