• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sails

Smash Ace
Snake discussion is open! Looks like Random.org decided to save Meta Knight for last...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302532

While I'm somewhat disappointed that the IC's thread didn't get a ton of discussion, it seemed to be fairly unanimous in opinion. Matchup summaries will be added for Wario/IC's at a future date, for I have a tournament to attend in the morning. Also, the schedule for MU threads has shifted to Sundays, simply because of tournaments.
I expect this to be a high turnout for discussion, get to it!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hello little Kong brothers. I figure you guys would have insight on this if anyone. As Donkey, how can I beat Diddy's side-b? Let's assume this is at a range close enough that both the grab and the kick could come out.

We've already determined that Jab, Grab, F-tilt, and even F-smash don't work versus it. U-tilt probably doesn't work for us either. Pivot grab is an obvious response, and it will work, but it's not always an option. How about something like our up-b? Thankies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Hello little Kong brothers. I figure you guys would have insight on this if anyone. As Donkey, how can I beat Diddy's side-b? Let's assume this is at a range close enough that both the grab and the kick could come out.

We've already determined that Jab, Grab, F-tilt, and even F-smash don't work versus it. U-tilt probably doesn't work for us either. Pivot grab is an obvious response, and it will work, but it's not always an option. How about something like our up-b? Thankies.
Like you said, Pivot Grab should do it. I'm 90% sure a hump will beat your Up-B; Grabs beat SA after all, so far as I'm aware. Have you tried a quick turnaround B-Air (or is that feasible)? If you can get the disjoint it should beat the hump and either beat/trade/clank with the kick.

EDIT: Like Boofy said, if we kick than just Shield Grab.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Naturally, it's the grab we're worried about. It's just that sometimes we try and smack that before it gets started/close to us and then the kick comes out. Does the kick beat anything the grab doesn't?

I said our up-b, not because of super armor but because it's disjointed, which a lot of our moves arn't. Super armor is a plus. Maybe d-smash would work?

I'll try this stuff out next time I get to play. Thanks for the thoughts.

Player-1

Smash Legend
up-b should work with good timing, dsmash might work, if you time a spotdodge then you might be able to powershield the kick depending on where it's spaced.

Anyway, I just got back from a tournament, 54 entrants. I lost to MVD and BigLou (who is using diddy), but it was really fun. Huge turn out, kingtoon, MVD, seibrik, a lot of FL, reflex, m2k, etc. I had to play GDX first round after pools which made me sad. I beat him, the lost to MVD, then beat dtorr who I lost in pools to, then beat Ryo (like 2nd best ike player), the beat kadaj, then beat reflex, and lost to lounis in dittos. Very happy about beating reflex finally, it took me 3 years to take a set off but I did it =), 1-45353534

edit: oh and got 5th out of 54

AfRo ToAd

Smash Cadet
NNID
AfRo_ToAd
Hello Annoying *** Diddy mains! xD

A Yoshi main here with a few Q's.

1. How Do you view the Yoshi VS Diddy MU?

2. When using Diddy, How much should you use nanas?

And 3. Im taking into consideration of 2nd maining Diddy, Or 1st. Idk yet, I just started using him today! So yeah <xP Thats it.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Nice work P1, congrats on beating Reflex! Any RC action there? :D

Also, Mr. Doom is the second best Ike, not Ryo. :awesome:

Vega4

Smash Ace
up-b should work with good timing, dsmash might work, if you time a spotdodge then you might be able to powershield the kick depending on where it's spaced.

Anyway, I just got back from a tournament, 54 entrants. I lost to MVD and BigLou (who is using diddy), but it was really fun. Huge turn out, kingtoon, MVD, seibrik, a lot of FL, reflex, m2k, etc. I had to play GDX first round after pools which made me sad. I beat him, the lost to MVD, then beat dtorr who I lost in pools to, then beat Ryo (like 2nd best ike player), the beat kadaj, then beat reflex, and lost to lounis in dittos. Very happy about beating reflex finally, it took me 3 years to take a set off but I did it =), 1-45353534

edit: oh and got 5th out of 54
Reflex is a Wario main?
I'd like to see vids of that match-up.

Count

Smash Champion
Thats cool that vids of you playing well got recorded. Naturally last weekend when I didn't drop a game nothing got recorded >.>

Limeee

Smash Champion
so ive been playing this game for about a year and a half, and ive recently picked up diddy
yesterday i had my first tourney as all diddy and i placed 7th. I had pretty decent pressure and control, except on snake. Now i've mained snake for most of my brawl career and i got *** ***** by diddys, and now im on the other side of the matchup, and i still got *****. any beginner tips? ill post a vid soon. I guess this post would apply more to the snake matchup thread, but i just thought id introduce myself.
hi :3
:009:

Kirsh

Smash Rookie
Heyo all. I'm new here and am having a hard time finding out how diddy can turn around mid-air. I've seen vids of amazing diddy players doing that for bananas or whatnot. Searching didn't really help. Figured this would be a good place to ask.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Heyo all. I'm new here and am having a hard time finding out how diddy can turn around mid-air. I've seen vids of amazing diddy players doing that for bananas or whatnot. Searching didn't really help. Figured this would be a good place to ask.
turn around mid air? im guessing youre talking about the pivot peanut cancel? (or whatever those crazy kids call it these days)

works with all chars. just pivot your regular B move in the air, but with diddy add the extra step of cancelling the peanut gun immediately

Boofy!

Smash Champion
b-reverse peanuts, then cancel it with shield. If shifting your momentum while changing the direction you're facing is what you want to do then it's called wavebouncing.

Kirsh

Smash Rookie
turn around mid air? im guessing youre talking about the pivot peanut cancel? (or whatever those crazy kids call it these days)

works with all chars. just pivot your regular B move in the air, but with diddy add the extra step of cancelling the peanut gun immediately
Alright thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom