• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i suggest w.e works best for you that requires mid risk to low-mid reward, i dont recommend high risk low reward at all. tho that high risk high reward is always great to land :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Where do I submit this objection?

Not to the name, but to it being permanent.

We need things to change, what with our top diddy's short attention span and all.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hell no. People need to get better.
You can get better playing MK in friendlies or moneymatches.
In tournaments is not fair that people lose vs other people just because they use MK. Please, don't vote in that pool just thinking with pride, that was the reason why last time MK wasn't banned. Now, even people like Ally and ADHD have recognized that MK is too broken and has to be banned.

Don't just think that: "I'm gonna say MK shouldn't be banned because people could think I'm afraid of MK".
No, if you think he is broken, then just say that. Pride won't help to save brawl of getting more and more boring because of that character, or would help to that people that lose timed out for others that are not really better than them...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
You can get better playing MK in friendlies or moneymatches.
In tournaments is not fair that people lose vs other people just because they use MK. Please, don't vote in that pool just thinking with pride, that was the reason why last time MK wasn't banned. Now, even people like Ally and ADHD have recognized that MK is too broken and has to be banned.

Don't just think that: "I'm gonna say MK shouldn't be banned because people could think I'm afraid of MK".
No, if you think he is broken, then just say that. Pride won't help to save brawl of getting more and more boring because of that character, or would help to that people that lose timed out for others that are not really better than them...
I think TOs should ban stages like Brinstar and RC before they ban MK. If MK is still too good after this you can always ban him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDm-rq8gzcI&t=15m36s

ADHD could have totally avoided this situation.

-Googs

Smash Lord
I mean he got read after the dthrow, so his only options were jump, which was covered by the same punish as the option he chose, which was up B. Jumping or up+bing wouldve had the same result. Only thing he could've done is jump and airdodge at the same time and even then i dunno.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Cut the MK ban discussion, it's seriously against the rules. That's why these polls are being conducted off of SWF.

Talking about ADHD is fine tho
im gonna loophole the **** out of you.

mk should be banned, as preached by adhd. adhd and i 100% agree with jebus. if mk is still dominating after both bans of rc/brinstar, then let the seriousness commence. what is it that forces mk to dominate and what makes ppl (adhd) create such discussion of a permanent ban of a character. what qualities deserve the ban? why is banning better than limiting? adhd? adhd.

:troll:

edit:
p1 ninja'd

tibs7

Smash Champion
rofl heat seeking barrels.....

like jebus said brinstar and rc should be banned....
brinstar is just soooooo stupid uhhh gets me angry.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
what do you guys do after your opponent just gets off the halo ring? I normally run towards the edge and if they chase me i try to double jump over them back. I get revenged killed a lot especially against mk. =\

DFEAR

Smash Hero
what do you guys do after your opponent just gets off the halo ring? I normally run towards the edge and if they chase me i try to double jump over them back. I get revenged killed a lot especially against mk. =\
distract them with projectiles, let them waste time gettin a banana, stand in the middle of the stage and run away appropriately as they get down, just wait out the invincibility.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I already explained to you at G2 that that's not going to help lol.

MK watches video > notices you're shielding directly on the ledge > don't uair? :|
Thankfully MK doesn't have any other options :awesome:

So, our general Diddy guide is hooooribly out of date, and I think it's time for a new one. On that note, I have two ideas:

1) Someone
good
could write one themselves, and that gets stickies, or

2) We could start a new series of threads analyzing all of Diddy's moves and proper times to use them.

I personally like option 2, and I think said threads would be fun to write in. After we finish enough of said threads, someone could compile the info into a general guide.

Hell, I'll do it myself :3

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dekar, I posted this in the other thread to, the thing is that it's called "anti-planking" for a reason. It jusst makes so MK's "perfect" planking is beatable he can no longer perfectly plank he has to do something else which is else which is punishable. Just the threat of this being out there stops it. Also, I doubt people will be using this a lot anyway so MKs will still punish. I mean we have Diddy's infinite, but hardly any diddy use it so MKs still use unsafe things on our shields.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I've been trying to learn horribly out of date moves the past few years?

I'd enjoy a good read of discussions if y'all decide option 2.

Dekar173

Justice Man
K this isn't the holy grail as you guys seem to think it is.

MK is on the ledge, he now has his ledge invincibility.

You are shielding right next to the ledge, you BOTH know of this new tech, so he has 2 options.

Plank

OR

let go of the ledge, without uairing.

YOU assumed he would be planking, so you inputted the shield DI (mashing the analog stick to the left/right depending which ledge he's on) causing you to roll.

MK did nothing, so this is now a free nair/uair string/whatever the **** he wants.

This new tech by no means invalidates planking. It merely makes it a guessing game, one where MK STILL has an enormous advantage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't think this is the holy grail nor do I think no one else does. I know what the options are, it just makes his perfect planking not so perfect anymore he has to do something that is ACTUALLY PUNISHABLE now unlike how it was before.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I don't think this is the holy grail nor do I think no one else does. I know what the options are, it just makes his perfect planking not so perfect anymore he has to do something that is ACTUALLY PUNISHABLE now unlike how it was before.
It's mk offstage and you want me to follow him as Diddy?

Not happening.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think TOs should ban stages like Brinstar and RC before they ban MK. If MK is still too good after this you can always ban him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDm-rq8gzcI&t=15m36s

ADHD could have totally avoided this situation.
That match made me cry and feel conned out of 1,000 dollars.

I believe I tried to DI down and away and jump and up b, but that obviously didn't work. Looking back on it, I should have side b'd away and then tried to do something. It's almost weird that I didn't react that way..karma? But either way, I have been killed unluckily so many times on that side of that transformation, it's depressing. What can you do?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea i even commented while doing...commentary that was really risky for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom