• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Dfear I felt like DK absolutely can't win if Diddy camps either wayyyyy back when we actually had a DK main, but I dunno now.

Maybe it's still that way.

@Googs- wtf is with that DK trying to cargo spike you that ****'s so 08.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The thing about DK is that if you make one mistake it can ruin the whole set seeing as how DK has great stages to CP Diddy to. You accidentally trip into an fsmash or get grabbed and thrown off stage DK can gimp Diddy better than most of the cast. DK lives so long that you'll be playing catch up a lot and if that all happens on the first game then DK's chances to winning after that aren't bad.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I'll be dumping my info on the infinites within the next few days, set ups, which infinite to use on which character, etc. since it didn't do jack **** for me at G2 LOL.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'll be dumping my info on the infinites within the next few days, set ups, which infinite to use on which character, etc. since it didn't do jack **** for me at G2 LOL.
lol

I'll also be at ktar6. Googs mm me and benny

:phone:

Kantrip

Kantplay
The wall is actually a living entity that breathes on Diddy's foot when he tries to walljump off, making his foot humid and slippery so he can't jump.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You can ledge drop> midair> reverse peanut gun cancel banana pluck which is similar, but it waste a midair jump. which is dangerous near a ledge =/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you could ledge jump -> reverse popgun cancel -> 1 or 2 bananas too. At least then you'll have a jump, but you will probably get hit by scoops

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alternatively, you can jump up from ledge and do a wavebounced peanut cancel to double banana pull, and still have your double jump. The opponent can hit you though.

EDIT: ninja'd

Player-1

Smash Legend
You can also ledge drop>reverse peanut gun cancel>mid air jump and pull a banana and land on stage

and also ledge drop>reverse peanut gun cancel> midair jump> time it a different way so you banana pluck up against the stage and you fall with the banana and z catch it.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
That sounds complicated and I'm not sure if i wanna spend the time to get consistent with those, is it worth it?.

You can't do it at lylat either but smashville I thought was totally legit for it till I tried it. Now I know why I couldn't do it in any actual match LOL.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Stages you can walljump on and various details:

Final Destination: 2 separate spots on either side you can walljump off of.
Battlefield
Smashville Too thin, no wall, treat it like a thick platform.
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise Like Smashville, not thick enough.
Halberd: When it's on the ship, you have about 3-4 spots you can walljump off of on either side, including right under the ledge.
Castle Seige: Transform 1, no others, you can wall cling/stall pretty well on either side.
Pokemon Stadium 1: All of the things.
Pokemon Stadium 2: you can walljump off of the very middle pillar under the stage, and quite a few transforms.
Frigate Orpheon: Transform 1 both sides, Transform 2 both sides, some pretty smart stalling can happen on Trans 2 waiting for the outer platforms.
Rainbow Cruise** (both sides of the ship)
Delfino Plaza it is just a solid platform.
Pictochat*

DOODE

Smash Cadet
how come sometimes when i up b right beneath the ledge diddy doesn't grab it and just flys past then I just fall down helpless able to get punished?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
@ doode.. you might have been holding down by accident

@ dekar you might wanna add that on YI you can't wall jump about a diddy and a half's character length on the sides from the ledge, gays me all the time.

DOODE

Smash Cadet
thanks boofy, that was it. I just thought it was a quirk with diddy all this time :p

DOODE

Smash Cadet
ok so I figure if i'm on the edge I can keep doing drop down barrel charges then if the opponent expects me to continue they'll get close enough to where if I hold down the barrels will shoot past the ledge and l would hit them. Does that sound safe?

also sometimes my barrels just crash into the ledge but instead of grabbing it they explode and I die. I think it has something to do with the angle? either way its just annoying.

and does anyone ever try dairing to tech chasing? Falco mains do that(prolly cause they have the fastest spike in the game). But we have like the 3rd so is it something I should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom