• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Im confused about the fastfalling part. Ive been bairing for a while now so it comes naturally to me now to Bair but I dont know if Im doing the FFing part right. Once I start csticking I just hold down. I dont even wait to see if the aerial came out. Sometimes Im holding down before the aerial even. Is that right cause even when I bair, I still usually die at earlier percents than the good Diddys with better DI? Im I supposed to FF after the aerial or during the aerial? And by FFing, can I hold down before the aerial or do I have to hold it after/during the aerial?

white peachy

Smash Ace
^^^ That's the one, thanks Coyn.

Bellioes, the way I said is perfect DI. If you miss the fastfall or don't DI the hit, you'll still live longer than normal by using B-air to cancel your momentum. But doing all three will help the most. It just takes practice and awareness to get all the components of DI survival down pat.

And you fastfall right after you perform the B-air.

TreK

Is "that guy"
oh, i just asked myself something of the like btw

after the bair, is it better to just DI, to jump or to sideB ?

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh, i just asked myself something of the like btw

after the bair, is it better to just DI, to jump or to sideB ?
Bair and FF at the same time then midair jump then bair again then side-b. Most of the time you won't need the 2nd bair > side-b, but it's always good

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Bellioes, the way I said is perfect DI. If you miss the fastfall or don't DI the hit, you'll still live longer than normal by using B-air to cancel your momentum. But doing all three will help the most. It just takes practice and awareness to get all the components of DI survival down pat.

And you fastfall right after you perform the B-air.
Thanks for clearing that up. Gonna start practicing this. :)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah in swordgards DI guide, it says that using B moves will give you back all the momentum you already canceled. I usually just jump after the first Bair. But I never tried doing a second Bair like P-1 said.

Corrupted Mind

Smash Cadet
Any advice for getting past a reflector spamming falco. Even if i can bait it, im holding onto a banana it seems to be hard to punish it because of how long it lasts.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Any advice for getting past a reflector spamming falco. Even if i can bait it, im holding onto a banana it seems to be hard to punish it because of how long it lasts.
You can do a few things. Use the kick on the side-B, or roll through it, wait the glide toss down and grab him. Just mess around and don't be predictable with your throws.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Jumping.

I've personally found FH and DJ banana's throw them off at first. And Turtle/RVKevin suggested jumping over down throw and Bair. You either hit them, or they sheild and slide into it... at least when it works.

Also, bait and SideB kick.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Jumping.

I've personally found FH and DJ banana's throw them off at first. And Turtle/RVKevin suggested jumping over down throw and Bair. You either hit them, or they sheild and slide into it... at least when it works.

Also, bait and SideB kick.
See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDlTTN2DADI for Throw Banana Down->Bair->Dash Attack.

Also, crawling under the reflector and doing a Dtilt works too.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
question:

is bair out of shield really as useful as it seems to be. because im always using upair/fair instead O-o? perhaps bair to mix it up or is bair just better?

Player-1

Smash Legend
question:

is bair out of shield really as useful as it seems to be. because im always using upair/fair instead O-o? perhaps bair to mix it up or is bair just better?
Uair OoS is probably the best in certain situations, you just can't screw it up because it's diddy's laggiest aerial. Bair is probably the 2nd best, but it has more situations where it comes into use than Uair does.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Uair OoS is probably the best in certain situations, you just can't screw it up because it's diddy's laggiest aerial. Bair is probably the 2nd best, but it has more situations where it comes into use than Uair does.
thanks ill use upair/bair then ill keep my fair more fresh ty p-1

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah try the official rate my diddy thread first. I guess if no one answers in a couple of days then you can make a new one.
But people usually answer when they see that the threads been bumped.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Once you cancel the momentum (By using Bair and Fast Fall or Bair and Jump) SideB will not affect anything. It will only push you farther if you still have momentum from the hit.
I'd like to make a correction on this. ADHD showed me this a while ago, but if you go to training mode and put 3 bombs in the middle of FD and then pick up a fourth one, and throw it down so you take 100% damage all at the same time, then you try to DI it. The 3 I've been able to work is Bair > midair jump, Uair > Midiar jump, and BAIR > SIDE-B. This proves that side-b'ing after your bair is still a good way to DI. If you can DI the 4 bomb explosions from the middle of FD you're DIing correctly

Best ways to DI in order:
1. (Only if you have a banana in hand) Throw banana and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > side-b if needed
2. Bair and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > Side-b if needed
3. Bair and FF > Side-b > bair if needed
4. Uair and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > side-b if needed

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone thought of setting X to grab and Z to a second attack button?

This makes it easy to pick up naners off the ground, and hold z(so you're still able to c-stick smash with diddy).

I've used it a bit and it's been quite effective. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah I guess it works better if you want to smash while holding bananas. I dont really use it that much, especially since it only works with Fsmash (unless Im doing it wrong) so Id rather stick with the more traditional setup that Im more used to. Other than that, its really a matter of preference. There really isnt any advantage with using one figuration over the other. Just pick what makes you more comfortable.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Which is faster: hugging the ledge the normal way, or doing a side-B flip to the ledge?

In Wi-Fi training room I noticed that both seemed to be nearly the same speed. I'm not sure if that was just because the ledges were exactly flat or not.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Which is faster: hugging the ledge the normal way, or doing a side-B flip to the ledge?

In Wi-Fi training room I noticed that both seemed to be nearly the same speed. I'm not sure if that was just because the ledges were exactly flat or not.
pivot dropping is what 'hugging the ledge' is called, and it's much faster, and you have less of a chance of getting hit while the person is recovery *Marth*.

Count

Smash Champion
pivot dropping is what 'hugging the ledge' is called, and it's much faster, and you have less of a chance of getting hit while the person is recovery *Marth*.
This. I didn't learn how much it mattered to pivot drop until I started playing kyari's marth on a regular basis.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dude pivot dropping is beast **** on ANY character. better take advantage of those invincibility frames!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's moving your controller half circle trough the low part
_.._
/ | \

That's the movement you want to make (.. being the neutral position of the stick)

tocador

Smash Lord
Today i lost to a Zamus in a champ, and i thought i was doing all right, but something was missing!

So i ask, what should i do in a Zamus vs Diddy matchup, and what are some good stages to try to fu** that side b of hers?

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I'd like to make a correction on this. ADHD showed me this a while ago, but if you go to training mode and put 3 bombs in the middle of FD and then pick up a fourth one, and throw it down so you take 100% damage all at the same time, then you try to DI it. The 3 I've been able to work is Bair > midair jump, Uair > Midiar jump, and BAIR > SIDE-B. This proves that side-b'ing after your bair is still a good way to DI. If you can DI the 4 bomb explosions from the middle of FD you're DIing correctly

Best ways to DI in order:
1. (Only if you have a banana in hand) Throw banana and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > side-b if needed
2. Bair and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > Side-b if needed
3. Bair and FF > Side-b > bair if needed
4. Uair and FF > Midair jump > Bair if needed > side-b if needed
The point I was trying to make was that once you cancel your momentum, Side-B should not push you any farther but good post.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
What should I do when I'm above Metaknight? I'm used to Lucario, where it's not a bad idea to go for the dair when MK tries to approach from below/upB. As Diddy is it a better idea to just try and dodge him?

ADHD

Smash Hero
What should I do when I'm above Metaknight? I'm used to Lucario, where it's not a bad idea to go for the dair when MK tries to approach from below/upB. As Diddy is it a better idea to just try and dodge him?
You can side b away if you haven't used it yet, and reverse peanut gun canceling will alter your momentum a tad to avoid his broken air-limiting game. Airdodging is a last result, sometimes it puts you in worse situations against better metaknights than just getting hit in the first place.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You can side b away if you haven't used it yet, and reverse peanut gun canceling will alter your momentum a tad to avoid his broken air-limiting game. Airdodging is a last result, sometimes it puts you in worse situations against better metaknights than just getting hit in the first place.
Sounds good, thanks for the quick response.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i still dont get how to do the weird momentum switches with the peanut cancel :ohwell:

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
What are considered some of Diddy's best stages for CPing? I know FD is great for Diddy but it's also considered good by practically everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom