• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We should come up with our own bonus, where we all nominate money to donate as a MLG 1st Prize bonus for any Diddy (Read: ADHD) that wins.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
this might seem a little weird but when I don't have anyone to play with and I want to figure something out, I use the computer to my advantage. let's say I want to learn how to punish a characters attack(I'll use MK's dair camp as an example) what I do is pick MK and dair camp a level 9 computer and see what he does to punish MK's Dair camping. since level 9 computers adapt to a players patterns, after a while they start punishing you for doing the same thing and every now and then I learn something new.

I while ago I was planking the CPU to see what it would do. I kept on punishing it for coming after me and I took out like 3 stocks from it just by planking. then the CPU did something crazy!!! he spiked me out of my second Uair while I was planking. I was shocked!!! It didn't kill me because I had 0% but it was still pretty impressive. I don't think that it's a good idea to go for the spike against a planking MK. I just wanted to share that little story with you guys

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
this might seem a little weird but when I don't have anyone to play with and I want to figure something out, I use the computer to my advantage. let's say I want to learn how to punish a characters attack(I'll use MK's dair camp as an example) what I do is pick MK and dair camp a level 9 computer and see what he does to punish MK's Dair camping. since level 9 computers adapt to a players patterns, after a while they start punishing you for doing the same thing and every now and then I learn something new.

I while ago I was planking the CPU to see what it would do. I kept on punishing it for coming after me and I took out like 3 stocks from it just by planking. then the CPU did something crazy!!! he spiked me out of my second Uair while I was planking. I was shocked!!! It didn't kill me because I had 0% but it was still pretty impressive. I don't think that it's a good idea to go for the spike against a planking MK. I just wanted to share that little story with you guys
This is relevant to my interests, because I was beginning to think about the same kind of thing.
I want to try planking Lvl 9 CPUs to see what they do to beat it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So, this Friday I leave for Arizona (Devastation, super huge Fighting game tourney held annually for I believe the past ... 6 years?) where I'll be playing against Havok, Mikehaze, and that dirty old bastage M2K.

Wish me luck :D

Yikarur

Smash Master
how to play against Falco? I searched about youtube but there aren't any decent matches of Diddy vs. Falco and I totally get ***** at that match-up D:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
its that time of the year for devastation again?

i wanted to go so bad last year but i couldn't...and now this year its already arrived. maybe 2011 :laugh:

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I found out some really useful tech with diddy that is an infinite on a neutral. I can't post it here though because if the opponent is smart it should only work once. on two other stages it can be used when you are being pressured offstage

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I can assure you that that wouldn't do it. I doubt that anyone has come in here, presented an infinite and been automatically put in the back room. Youve gotta present the idea to the other diddys atleast for opinions on it. see whats wrong with it, see what can be improved on it and yadda yadda yadda.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I wasn't trying to use this as an excuse to get into the backroom. It's just that I have a lot of character specific information that is easy to avoid once they know it's coming and anyone can just come here and read the information that I write and learn to avoid it just by reading it

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Either way, if someone did it in tournament people would find out, and the chances of some random other character main coming in here at this exact time and page and showing everyone else is kinda slim. I mean I've posted the grizzfinite video a lot and the only people that know about it are the one's I've shown, I think.

plus there's other information all over here that shouldn't work that we've posted, but people haven't looked through.

tl;dr: just post it regardless.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Can anyone give me a tip on how I can master the timing of the banana walk? It seems like for every toss or 2, my opponent escapes the banana walk by rolling foward or away. I guess what i'm saying is there any way I can prevent my opponent from rolling all the way across the stage with the banana walk?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Ok, I guess I'll tell you guys here. In certain stages there are parts of the stage that are really thin. an example would be the ledges on PS1 and lylat or the platforms on the sides of Jungle Japes. on these parts of the stage you can throw a banana up while you are in the bottom of these platforms or ledges and the banana will stll hit even thought there is a solid object between the banana and the opponent.

In the fire transformation on PS1, if you are at the bottom of the tree and your opponent is on top, you can lock him in there by throwing the banana up until the transformation finishes and you can kill them with a guaranteed Utilt. It is possible to get you opponent in that situation especially if you have the lead but once you do it to that opponent, he wont fall for it again.

EDIT: SOCAL

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Can anyone give me a tip on how I can master the timing of the banana walk? It seems like for every toss or 2, my opponent escapes the banana walk by rolling foward or away. I guess what i'm saying is there any way I can prevent my opponent from rolling all the way across the stage with the banana walk?
Well when your doing it just remember to keep track of the actual full amount of time you get in the trip animation.

And always be aware on where you should or shouldn't be glide tossing the banana

Be careful not to mistakenly jab when attempting to grab the banana because that amount of time can probably be enough for your opponent to get up.

And lastly I would say go into the stage builder and make a stage that's as long as possible with a wall either on the end or the middle or somewhere. maybe try it against the wall so you can get used to the timing you have to do it

I still mess it up from time to time so im sure someone els ehere has better advice for it than i do

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Ok' I guess I'll tell you guys here. In certain stages there are parts of the stage that are really thin. an example would be the ledges on PS1 and lylat or the platforms on the sides of Jungle Japes. on these parts of the stage you can throw a banana up while you are in the bottom of these platforms or ledges and the banana will stll hit even thought there is a solid object between the banana and the opponent.

In the fire transformation on PS1, if you are at the bottom of the tree and your opponent is on top, you can lock him in there by throwing the banana up until the transformation finishes and you can kill them with a guaranteed Utilt. It is possible to get you opponent in that situation especially if you have the lead but once you do it to that opponent, he wont fall for it again.

EDIT: SOCAL
you only need one naner?
so is the person is on top of the tree or in the "canyon" between the two branches?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
he has to be in the canyon and yes, you only need one banana. You could leave a banana in the middle of the canyon to try to lure your opponent into grabbing it

Count

Smash Champion
Getting into the back room isn't about being amazing or coming up with innovative techs.

All ya gotta do is make informed, well thought out posts and link them to vyse. It really isn't a huge deal.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
to get in the DBR, really all you have to do is raise your trolling levels

theres a trolling minimum level requirement for entering.

and when there are things of upmost importance to discuss, things get discussed pretty well. But you cant possibly believe its gonna be like that all the time, for ANY character :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom