• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
lmao p-1 like i said little kids suck at trolling!

I'm more frustrated at how pretty much everyone's videos I've seen up until now are the same **** that's been done for over a year. Get better! No one else is going to do it for you.
when my combo vid comes out, you guys are going to see some **** you have never seen before ;)

Mifune

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone, this is my first here so I wasnt too sure where to post this so I just decided to do it in the Q&A thread ;D
Anyway my question is: What are the advance techniques that are absolutely necessary to learn as a diddy main? Ive taken a liking in him so thank you for your time!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Hi everyone, this is my first here so I wasnt too sure where to post this so I just decided to do it in the Q&A thread ;D
Anyway my question is: What are the advance techniques that are absolutely necessary to learn as a diddy main? Ive taken a liking in him so thank you for your time!
u dont need any, just make sure u're shooting more peanuts

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I saw Gnes roll into Ally a lot and not get punished. Why is it that people say that this is easily punished? I broke my habits of not rolling into people a long time ago and now I am kind of regretting it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well the thing with ally/gnes was they were both playing a sort of waiting game, but it's true gnes seemed to come out on top in most of the "roll > insert scenario" exchanges.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Falco beats us 60:40.....Just putting it out there lol.

Btw guys mlg is a possibility in australia! So awesome

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Well I broke my habits of rolling in general. do you guys think that there are any situations in which rolling is absolutely necessary?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Falco beats us 60:40.....Just putting it out there lol.

Btw guys mlg is a possibility in australia! So awesome
no he doesn't. all you have to do is be at a distance of about one diddy roll away from him and you can punish every thing he does. I think that this distance is the perfect distance to be against the majority of the cast. I already mentioned that at this distance you can punish everything that snake does. It also messes up DDD and puts you at a distance where you can still monkey flip kick or grab(has to be smash though).

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
GNES EMBRACED THE POWER OF THE MONKEY HUMP :I

Unfortunately Ally cheated and won. ): All is well though, Gnes did good.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Smj, you obviously haven't playe a good falco yet.....
I'm not saying that this is all you have to do nor am I saying that the MU is in our favor. I'm just saying that this limits his options. I think the MU is 50-50

tibs7

Smash Champion
no he doesn't. all you have to do is be at a distance of about one diddy roll away from him and you can punish every thing he does.
well my mistake for thinking that :/.
But no you make it sound alot easier than in is.

Gnes

Smash Master
Well the thing with ally/gnes was they were both playing a sort of waiting game, but it's true gnes seemed to come out on top in most of the "roll > insert scenario" exchanges.
I played with west coast today...larry told me a viable strategy against mk....spam buffered spotdodging. Sure enough...it works.

Dont get into your minds that "rolling" or spotdodging in itself is bad, just dont get read.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
thanks. I remember Tyrant told me it was 4 frames but 7 frames sounds more accurate. do they have the frame data with the glide toss too or is it the same?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
wow!!!!!!!!! peanuts are too good!!!!!!!!! If we get good enough at predicting when certain opponents are going to jump, we can shoot them down before they even leave the ground. If they catch the peanut with an attack, then they will be holding a pretty useless item and we can punish them while they throw it. If they run directly towards us, we can just popgun cancel to a banana throw. I know a lot of you already probably know this but I still wanted to say it. I'm going to practice my peanut shooting skills

Boofy!

Smash Champion
wow!!!!!!!!! peanuts are too good!!!!!!!!! If we get good enough at predicting when certain opponents are going to jump, we can shoot them down before they even leave the ground. If they catch the peanut with an attack, then they will be holding a pretty useless item and we can punish them while they throw it. If they run directly towards us, we can just popgun cancel to a banana throw. I know a lot of you already probably know this but I still wanted to say it. I'm going to practice my peanut shooting skills
where have u been? :p

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I think i may be the first one to say this but while we are putting out new information...

i think we should shoot more peanuts.

Now i know its a controversial new idea but im willing to give it a shot. even if nobody here would support me in such an insane idea.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I've played Does Everybody Hate Falco, does that count?

Also Jebus, roll is extremely good for punishing tornados oos, when they're retreating away
i'm 2-0 with dehf in mm's. suckasss

I got pretty lucky game 5, not gonna lie. and one of them was from like a year ago with IC's lol.

but seriously, imo I think I have the falco matchup pretty much down for the most part. I think it's 50-50.

Falco can cg you to 40% and spike you. so you take like 50% or more. a good read after that can get you another 10-20%.

Just jump around in the air for the most part with bananas and set them so you won't get grabbed. Falco has almost no kill options when diddy is sitting in his shield. you can just punish most of his stuff with bananas, and falco is REALLY limited off stage. peanuts and bananas can gimp him, or you can at least punish his landing every time. aproach with crouching and bananas. watch for rolls because they can get you grabbed.

learning how to tech the spike is necessary. 50-50

ADHD

Smash Hero
i'm 2-0 with dehf in mm's. suckasss

I got pretty lucky game 5, not gonna lie. and one of them was from like a year ago with IC's lol.

but seriously, imo I think I have the falco matchup pretty much down for the most part. I think it's 50-50.

Falco can cg you to 40% and spike you. so you take like 50% or more. a good read after that can get you another 10-20%.

Just jump around in the air for the most part with bananas and set them so you won't get grabbed. Falco has almost no kill options when diddy is sitting in his shield. you can just punish most of his stuff with bananas, and falco is REALLY limited off stage. peanuts and bananas can gimp him, or you can at least punish his landing every time. aproach with crouching and bananas. watch for rolls because they can get you grabbed.

learning how to tech the spike is necessary. 50-50
Felix remember that night I was trashed and you started licking my forehead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom