• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I can't argue with you since I am not sure about this so I guess I'll take your word for it

TreK

Is "that guy"
Sort of.

Full dash > backward > forward > jump > c-stick

Quiz time: does anyone know what the 5 different ways to platform cancel are?
dair, bdown, down banana toss, down on the gray stick... what's the last one ?

Dekar173

Justice Man
I was thinking more along the line of inputs, you got most of them.

dair
Using this one, you can use the platform for an extra amount of mobility, think of it like wavelanding in melee

downB
Very slow, but puts you on the platform so it's good in case you're recovering from the ledge (ledgejump > platform cancel)

down (crazy timing)
This is the most difficult, but the best (for wavelanding) with 0 lag whatsoever, and you can now go into any input.

down + shield (this one grabs the platform then instantly drops through)
Great for a mix-up and for zoning vertically, as well as refreshing your double jump

hold down > shield (you land on the platform and instantly go into shield)
Amazing for getting some extra mobility, as you can go straight into a glidetoss with it

Go get fluid with this stuff you scrubs.

Quiz time: what's the fastest way to catch a banana and instantly glidetoss it from a non-moving platform?

Player-1

Smash Legend
more useless information. When a banana is thrown in the air, it doesn't matter if it is thrown with A or cstick. It goes the same distance and probably the same speed too. This helped me out because now I instant ground throw by running and using the A button instead of the cstick. I find it a lot easier this way
when you use c stick it gives 1% more ( think 1%) than A.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Which Diddies attended MLG and how did they do ?

Dekar : drop+ zcatch+ fastfall sounds too obvious to be the answer. What's the twist ?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Throwing the banana from the platform

Also, this isn't a trick question or anything, it's more about me trying to tie it into "you should learn how to work with moving platforms better"

Maybe you all have forgotten the basics, or perhaps you're just trying to overthink it a bit?

On a stationary (not moving) platform, you can't do much of anything special. You just catch it with A then glidetoss, pretty slow.

NOW: on a MOVING platform, what's the fastest way you can catch a banana and then glidetoss it back?

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
okay im dropping my main for diddy reason y after watching deez take on boss i would like to hav a chance t tourneys to so im going diddy i know pretty much every thing there is to know about diddy just never played em so now im with you guys. falcon sux

TreK

Is "that guy"
NOW: on a MOVING platform, what's the fastest way you can catch a banana and then glidetoss it back?
Down + cstick down will make you dair cancel on the platform, which will catch the banana. That's 4 frames of lag, and you're ready to glide toss or whatever. I do it a lot actually.

TreK

Is "that guy"
If I didn't sh*t those useless tricks all day long to hide my stupidly bad playstyle, I wouldn't even go through pools.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Hello guys. Havn't been on in months nor have i played much brawl. Sorry about the critique thread, I am just havn't been into brawl at all. Anyone want to fill me in on the last 2 months?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Down + cstick down will make you dair cancel on the platform, which will catch the banana. That's 4 frames of lag, and you're ready to glide toss or whatever. I do it a lot actually.
Down + shield will make you platform cancel, but it'll go straight into shield as well as catch the banana at the same time ;P

Moving platforms are simply too good.

Seriously though, did none of you know any of this? Really?

=/

Brawl players are the laziest gamers in the world.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I knew it =P

I dislike the term platform canceling at all because it's also norm a "Autolanding" which I like more D:

well I want my Diddy to become better than my Yoshi.
Any ideas to manage this? (it sounds strange because Diddy should automatically be better than Yoshi =P )
I watch so much videos but the Diddy Players get always hits where I think "when I play that wouldn't hit"
;_;

and :424: :190:

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think Dekar just tries to make himself feel good by using a bunch of fancy words and dumb ATs to impress people even though we all know he is bad. Stop trying Dekar, it aint working on me.

Dekar173

Justice Man
lmao p-1 like i said little kids suck at trolling!

I'm more frustrated at how pretty much everyone's videos I've seen up until now are the same **** that's been done for over a year. Get better! No one else is going to do it for you.

TreK

Is "that guy"
wtf are you talking about ?

Videos from me are gonna be uploaded tomorrow.
And I hadn't learn the grizzfinites when the matches were played nor mastered the bdacus, duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom