• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Trip armor? I can't think of a time when, if someone has Grabbed me, they didn't slip when a Banana hits them as soon as they Grab. I'll take your word for it, but I really have never seen that before.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i would rather be in ftilt range than grab range imo. least i can block ftilt on reaction...the grab however :\\\

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Trip armor? I can't think of a time when, if someone has Grabbed me, they didn't slip when a Banana hits them as soon as they Grab. I'll take your word for it, but I really have never seen that before.
Yeah it hits him but he just doesn't trip, it's ******** as a motha****a.

Gnes

Smash Master
Lol at Diddy not being campy, next time I play (which is probably like 15 mins) since I don't play this game a lot since no wi-fi :), I'ma camp my *** the **** off and see how much better I do. I already know it's the better option but I don't like being that gay. lulz
Dont limit yourself. Camping is in no sense gay.

It is risky to do this because if he does manage to grab you before the banana lands there is trip armour (???) when you perform a throw. It's better to avoid him being near you in general. Augh, nobody plays DDD against me anymore.
Thats right wyatt. The best thing u can do is Zdrop->side B...but personally i wouldnt get anywhere near him.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Edit: I forgot this thread was a Q&A thread. How do I play against a Toon Link that decides to run away and camp the entire game?
srsly do the same thing back harder and place bananas where he will land instead of reacting to his landings. anticipation is key

DFEAR

Smash Hero
diddy double questions (i team with a snake and we are JUST starting to place consistently)

what are some good ways of pressuring rolls/shields in teams regarding IMMEDIATE start of a match and or midmatch?

only thing i do atm is, i trip an opponent between my partner and i, my partner charges a fsmash and i anticipate what the opponent will do whether he will roll to him (getting fsmashed) or roll to me which i can punish with a naner or any other follow up and a getup is punished on reaction of course.

another variation of the above is i trip them, dtilt them closer to my partner and free fsmash unless they sdi then i would punish properly

any other pointers or advice i can do with a snake as a partner besides u know (grabs/throws to sideb infinite>spike/rocket, c4 attaching, fair/bair tennis, c4/nana wall, landmines, throwing nanas at nades near shields, etc.)

Luigi player

Smash Master
If your enemy doesn't trip while grabbing you he has the Faux Super Armor.. The person with the higher port # has it.

Hm, I thought that was the reason, but it seems I was wrong. (just tested it)

From the looks of it the only time the grabber won't trip is if he has his normal grab armor.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
DFEAR 403
Player-1 345
Ingulit 298
Kaptain Kong 187
Vyse 174
GooseMainsDiddy 165
NinjaLink 158
Teneban 152
Boofy! 130 131
ADHD 120
Dekar173 113
greatness_007 110

P-1 knocked out of the top spot =O

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
DFEAR 403
Player-1 345
Ingulit 298
Kaptain Kong 187
Vyse 174
GooseMainsDiddy 165
NinjaLink 158
Teneban 152
Boofy! 130 131
ADHD 120
Dekar173 113
greatness_007 110

whats that?

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering what the KO power of Diddy's barrels are after a Barrel Cancel. I know that they can't stale, being a B move, however I haven't found anything about their KO potential yet. How powerful are they, exactly?

Gnes

Smash Master
<---actual top diddy contributor

Barrel cancels mk around 150 i believe...which is about the same percent up tilt kills....Might be safe to say it has the killing potential of a uptilt.

Player-1

Smash Legend
DFEAR 403
Player-1 345
Ingulit 298
Kaptain Kong 187
Vyse 174
GooseMainsDiddy 165
NinjaLink 158
Teneban 152
Boofy! 130 131
ADHD 120
Dekar173 113
greatness_007 110

my laptop is broken I have to type from a psp >.>

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was in practice mode today and I was playing around with the buffered monkey flip kick to footstool. Then I realized that if the opponent is on the ground then there is no reason to just footstool him. It leaves you vulnerable. So the what I did was instead of footstooling him, I jumped and buffered an attack(mostly uairs and fairs). I found that on chatacters taller than diddy, buffered kick flip to uair was a legit combo at percents from 0-55.I also found that on big characters, the flip kick to fair was also a legit combo at percents from 30-60. sucks that it doesn't work on MK though :(

DFEAR

Smash Hero
How often do you / should you glide toss your nanners? I'm trying to get tourney worthy with Diddy, so just curious.
glide tossing is great for spacing and follow ups but is slower than a stationary throw

possible use of stationary throw use is when you shield d3's ftilt. a forward glide toss would get you punished but a stationary throw will trip him.

INNOVATION TIME...we arent tripping ANY character...we are making them SLIP...you cant TRIP on a banana...you can only SLIP on them! for example you dont trip on ice, you slip on ice!

trip: an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall
slip: caused by an outside force forcing a trip, " he slipped from the ice, he slipped on a banana"

diddy is the slipping character xD

Player-1

Smash Legend
jeebus...adhd also already brought that up a couple of months ago and it works on all chars if the charp is already in the air

Player-3

Smash Hero
glide tossing is great for spacing and follow ups but is slower than a stationary throw

possible use of stationary throw use is when you shield d3's ftilt. a forward glide toss would get you punished but a stationary throw will trip him.

INNOVATION TIME...we arent tripping ANY character...we are making them SLIP...you cant TRIP on a banana...you can only SLIP on them! for example you dont trip on ice, you slip on ice!

trip: an accidental misstep threatening (or causing) a fall
slip: caused by an outside force forcing a trip, " he slipped from the ice, he slipped on a banana"

diddy is the slipping character xD
ah

good

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I was in practice mode today and I was playing around with the buffered monkey flip kick to footstool. Then I realized that if the opponent is on the ground then there is no reason to just footstool him. It leaves you vulnerable. So the what I did was instead of footstooling him, I jumped and buffered an attack(mostly uairs and fairs). I found that on chatacters taller than diddy, buffered kick flip to uair was a legit combo at percents from 0-55.I also found that on big characters, the flip kick to fair was also a legit combo at percents from 30-60. sucks that it doesn't work on MK though :(
I do this aaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllll the time except its in when we are in the air. and I wouldnt randomly just flip kick towards an mk thats just standing on the ground...he will ****ing kill you lol

DFEAR

Smash Hero
dfear's friends PR::

means went up
means went down

1. Player- 3
2.-∞. Everyone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom