• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibs7

Smash Champion
flips mix was off the charts. sick tunes.

vyse i dont know if i can go to tempest!

Player-1

Smash Legend
I caught Diddy in pokemon gold today, but since they didn't have any numbers in that game I had to nickname it :lgo: . Darn communist and their communism...

Player-3

Smash Hero
except p1

i mean seriously even i shoot more peanuts than him

only thing he does better than me is :190:

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf, you shoot NEGATIVE peanuts. Hence your name, Player negative 3, it's not a hyphen it's a negative sign. Stupid commie.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Jebus here with some more useless information. On stages with platforms you can throw a banana forward and then catch it before diddy touches the gound. this might be useful for mindgames. You could aerial banana throw to instant trow.The timing for this is kind of hard. Right now I only know how to do this on battlefield. Another mixup that like to I do is that on stages with platforms, instead of instant throwing a banana on the platform, I grab it with an autocanceled dair. Then I could buffer a glide toss or a monkey flip kick. Battlefield is quickly becoming one of my favorite stages.

EDIT: I was also thinking that maybe short hop "broken dropping" would be a good
idea vs. a snake that is stuck on a platform. If he pulls out grenades, then the banana will just blow them up.

Player-3

Smash Hero
well your name is Player hyphen 1, and hyphens connect two words, and since 1 isn't a word it's obviously short hand, for "one big black ******"

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
Jebus here with some more useless information. On stages with platforms you can throw a banana forward and then catch it before diddy touches the gound. this might be useful for mindgames. You could aerial banana throw to instant trow.The timing for this is kind of hard. Right now I only know how to do this on battlefield. Another mixup that like to I do is that on stages with platforms, instead of instant throwing a banana on the platform, I grab it with an autocanceled dair. Then I could buffer a glide toss or a monkey flip kick. Battlefield is quickly becoming one of my favorite stages.

EDIT: I was also thinking that maybe short hop "broken dropping" would be a good
idea vs. a snake that is stuck on a platform. If he pulls out grenades, then the banana will just blow them up.
wait, throw a banana then catch it again? do you mean pluck a banana

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
no, you throw it on the platform while you are jumping forward and if you do it right you can grab it again before you touch the ground. It takes some practice

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It sounds... Useless :/

Please don't stop coming up with stuff, though, because you're the only one left trying.

Also, with the Auto-Canceled D-Air thing: you should learn to love Smashville instead. I forget the name of this tech (Platform Canceling?), but if you D-Air right as you are level with a moving platform you "stick" to it (instead of continuing jumping) and have very little lag afterward (practically none, actually). You can grab Bananas off the platform this way as well, and it's much faster.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Double postin' cause this is serious business

So I was ****ing around in Training Mode against Snake when I did something I've never seen before that is completely useless to us, but I'd like someone to explain how I did it. With a Banana in hand, I Short Hopped towards Snake and just as I was about to hit the ground, I threw the Banana down on him (I was in his hitbox, so it bounced him backwards). The weird part is that I must have hit Jump after the throw but before I landed, because somehow I managed to hit him with the Banana, hear the slipping sound effect and see the damage applied to Snake from the throw, and yet I managed to Footstool him before his slip animation started ever started. Like, as I jumped off his head, it was making the slipping sound effect. I don't think this could become in any way useful, but I'd love to know what happened, because for the life of me I couldn't reproduce it.

It looked really funny; at first I thought I'd figured out some way to make a Footstool do damage xD

Player-1

Smash Legend
random infinite that may work with that, but probably extremely hard to pull off and may only work on certain chars if any at all:

SH banana throw down> footstool before animation> catch the banana rising> platform cancel the footstool > drop through platform banana throw> footstool to repeat.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i'll tell gnes now on AIM =D

edit: his response:

Jgarm007 12:59 am
i am not gonna be thinking about a infinite
Player X over X 12:59 am
this is too legit
Jgarm007 12:59 am
while im playing a mk on RC
Player X over X 12:59 am
plz?
for me?
oh
let me fix that
you're not gonna be thinking about an infinite while playing a mk on RC when it may not even work on him
but you should anyway
Jgarm007 1:00 am
exactly

Dekar173

Justice Man
lmfao dfear you didnt discover platform canceling, that ****s old as hell.

You can platform cancel 5 different ways, and I bet you can only name two!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yo.

It's P1 ***.

There's only a hyphen if you spell it out.

You can AT LEAST use my name correctly to express my great and proness.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
more useless information. When a banana is thrown in the air, it doesn't matter if it is thrown with A or cstick. It goes the same distance and probably the same speed too. This helped me out because now I instant ground throw by running and using the A button instead of the cstick. I find it a lot easier this way

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'd just shield in that case...

SMJ -> you can't instant throw backward with A, can you ?
Well, I'm cheating, anything buffered out of a jump is easier for me than for all of you... tap jump ftw :V

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think you can but its kind of hard. I would suggest using the C stick for trowing the bananas backwards. I also use tap jump. It's too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Sort of.

Full dash > backward > forward > jump > c-stick

Quiz time: does anyone know what the 5 different ways to platform cancel are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom