• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
So has anyone attempted a PSNL guide yet? If not, then when I get home I'm going to practice until I have it perfect, get some set up's prepared, and then make the guide myself. It's about time I made a real good contribution to the smash community!

Also, I was going to photoshop a picture of Samuel L. Jackson's face onto tyrant, but I got lazy when I couldn't get the tyrant picture framed correctly so someone else should take my idea.

happytif

Smash Cadet
/\ LOL for the idea, but I'm really lame on photoshop =P
Go for the guide mdm, the diddy community will thank you o/

@_@ not fair ingulit, you really have godspeed for posting things @_@

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Then it has been decided! By the end of the night I should have a guide up for PSNL.

EDIT: Also could somebody tell me where I can easily find the original video of the Japanese guy doing PSNL? I'm gonna need to watch it a WHOLE lot more in order to figure this out...cause I had a lot of trouble before.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Look for the topic Asian ppl ftw from ADHD, should still be here in the diddy boards

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

That's all I have to say to that.

Question: Does ANYBODY Weak Glide Toss ever? Like, ever ever? I can't think of a decent reason to, but if someone else thinks its useful, I'll start practicing it again.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe this. I've been trying to learn PSNL for HOURS. I've brought falco from 0-999% several times now, and NEVER have I been able to string more then 2 footstools with CPU/standing, and NOT EVEN ONE CONTINUATION when set to CPU/walk.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I can't believe this. I've been trying to learn PSNL for HOURS. I've brought falco from 0-999% several times now, and NEVER have I been able to string more then 2 footstools with CPU/standing, and NOT EVEN ONE CONTINUATION when set to CPU/walk.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
You're either not

a) Asian, or
b) standing

Both make you instantly better at Diddy ATs

Count

Smash Champion
I'll be at Columbus for sure. I might not be able to enter if I get this job that I applied for as a writer for MLG. Obviously AZ will be there, and I'm sure ADHD will too. If I had to guess, sai and wakka will be there as they live in Ohio.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Maaaaaaan i cant wait 4 columbus. And I'd love to meet as many of the Diddys as possible...and get advice/critiques.

Did any diddys that hadn't met b4 get together in florida?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i hung with with felix a bit he's legit and talkd to dekar. he is a **** player but cool and boofy is legit as well :3. adhd kept to himself sometimes o.o

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Alright so I'm almost ready for the PSNL guide I think. I'm able to loop it with CPU/walk in training mode with a level 9 computer. I can make them go back and forth, or I can bring them all the way across Final Destination. I think what I will do is practice a little more, take some notes on timing, and then write up the basic guide. After that I'll be finding any differences depending on size of characters, and then I will start figuring out set ups for the PSNL.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys should stop with the whole PSNL whatever garbage you're trying to learn. It isn't viable in tournament, so it isn't useful to the metagame. what kind of **** metaknight is going to let you do that to him in tournament, i mean, come on. >_>

Focus more on playing smarter and using bananas for things other than throwing and punishing. Once you think outside the box, you take your playstyle to another level.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I think you guys should stop with the whole PSNL whatever garbage you're trying to learn. It isn't viable in tournament, so it isn't useful to the metagame. what kind of **** metaknight is going to let you do that to him in tournament, i mean, come on. >_>

Focus more on playing smarter and using bananas for things other than throwing and punishing. Once you think outside the box, you take your playstyle to another level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_Fn2h0YwU

it's actually tournament viable IMO, but I suck at it so I probably won't ever use it or until/if all t3h oter diddys do it cuz im a conformist.

MBlaze

Smash Champion

I tried saying this already, they won't listen.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The same argument was brought up when we were crazy over the SNL, and we eventually did stop really caring about it. In the case of the PSNL, however, the fact that it was a DEDEDE PLAYER, NOT a Diddy player, who did it in a tournament first concerns me. With that being the case, I definitely think we should pursue it, if only as a defensive measure (since apparently the other characters are learning it... in Japan, anyway).

But I'll agree: learning how to play with what we've already got > trying crazy, situational moves in actual matches

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I feel like the PSNL is something that (obviously) you shouldn't make a priority for learning or basing you're game around. It's a cool little thing to know how to do if the situation arises and presents itself to you, but if you don't know it I don't think it's going to cost you a game.

I do agree that thinking more outside the box and keeping the PSNL on the back burner is a good idea though, try and figure some crazy awesome and useful things to do that no one expects.

Let the games begin!

Count

Smash Champion

quoted for emphasis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom