• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
2 Things.

1.Why in the universe have we stopped thoroughly discussing the PSNL?!?!? We need tutorial videos, how-to threads, experimentation! It's an infinite that apparently is really easy and can be done on the majority of the cast, we need to be attacking this from all angles! Also I still can't seem to pull it off so if anyone is willing to post a play by play on how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated. I intend on making this an 'as frequently as possible' thing.

2. How essential is pivoting to diddy kong/brawl in general? I've never really taken the time incorporating it, and I know it does have some uses, but does diddy really need it? Pivot grabs, smashes, whatever else there is, I don't know.
Diddy's boosted pivot grab is actually great! The grab and throw together happens surprisingly fast and the slide it self is decent so I say you should go about using/abusing it. ( I try to at least)

Also seriously if someone could make a tutorial (I'm lookin at you ingulit) that really intensely breaks down the psnl, I and the rest of us diddys who havent really gotten it down yet, would very very much appreciate it.

Conti

Smash Ace
^then go. no johns. im skipping two days of college classes, friends birthday, sister is at hospital with colitis and took off a week of work knowing they will cut my hours.
I don't have the money.... I'm on my own.. live at a 60yr old guys house that I met cuz I have nowhere else to stay... make min wage workn at tacobell... trying to get ahead n get a car so I can go to college and ****..... like I would but its physically impossible for me..... like I prob won't be able to go to any mlg event til maybe 5months from now

DFEAR

Smash Hero
woah woah.

ill have it done in a week -.-... maybe

in all seriousness. cmon. i need a break once in a while from radiology study. i rearrange my priorities every week anyway >_>...sometimes ill ignore my dog by accident lol. not my fault!

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
Well the guide would be great so you should make one and then receive the praise for it.

On another note. Is your profile picture.....diddy kongs head....on pheonix wrights body? Because if it is, then you are my favorite Diddy player now.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be getting Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth in the next couple days. Those games are just way to amazing. The music is great, the characters are funny and believable, the gameplay is engaging and fun, and the story twists are clever and surprising. GREAT. FRIGGEN. GAMES.

Also, I'm jealous of the picture.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
get an edgeworth one. the prosecutor one not the defense one =o we can be friendly rivals and talk in lawyer speak whole time.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
wait...theres a prosecutor version?

EDIT: Is there only one miles edgeworth game? Because if there is I had assumed you were the defense. If you're the prosecutor then I'm gonna be REALLY pumped.

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
watch out for lazers. Be ready to predict it. When you're off stage they can use the lazer to snipe you to the edge. They can glide toss their gyro (and your bananas for that matter) REALLY FAR and can slide into any of their smashes, or a grab or whatever. Be ready to evade appropriately. They can push you far off stage with repeated fairs if you aren't warry. Dsmash is hard to get out of so make sure you keep your shield up for the whole duration of the smash. Usmash has almost no horizontal range so don't be TOO scared of it, but it can kill fairly well. Their nair is going to be one of their main kill moves and it's range is pretty substantial, so you need to be careful when they are coming towards you in the air, DI away from them if you can, or airdodge and prey it doesn't get you on the turn around. His bair has fantastic range as well and is a pretty serious kill move. Be ready to airdodge and DI away. Their dair has good range and is a good spike so they can potentially run off the stage, dair, and even DI back onto the stage because the dair pops them up a bit. Their get up game is pretty sad most of the time (so far as i know) so edge guard them like a *****. You obviously aren't going to get a gimp off of them so don't bother with off stage attempts unless you can kill with a surprise off stage fair. You MIGHT try to keep them at bay with fairs and bairs while they are off stage, and using Zdropped nanas off the edge to prevent their vertical recovery, and possibly hit them with bair during their nana hitstun. Wouldn't suggest it though because their nair will destroy you unless you're quick. Their Uair has a long hit box so be careful about getting juggles, their utilt has decent range so don't try attacking from above them. Just keep up the pressure on them and don't let them camp you with lazers and what not. Fair can space them pretty well. Beware of their ftilt it has decent range.

EDIT: Thats what i got anyway.

tibs7

Smash Champion
what to do against an insta - throwing campy *** snake?
im really only doing % when i read what he will do, but doing that the whole time is impossible........
ughh please help :(

mdmfromdaridge

Smash Journeyman
what to do against an insta - throwing campy *** snake?
im really only doing % when i read what he will do, but doing that the whole time is impossible........
ughh please help :(
If he's able to insta-throw your bananas back at you, (I'm assuming this is what is bother you) then that means he's reading you WAY to well. His shorthop is a bit slow so it's not even a reaction thing, you're just being predictable with your throws. As far as mixing it, try running at him with banana in hand, dribble back when he predicts, and punish his landing. You could also set up 2 bananas and punish landing after he catches the first. For the insta-throw thing just predict it, shield it, and then insta-throw it back after it bounces from your shield, that should be fast enough to catch him by surprise almost surely. If it hits his shield, just get that grab. Easy as that.

Also I have NO IDEA what your second sentence meant.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
TL;DR: Instant Throw his Instant Throws back. Sounds legit.

But what if he Instant Throws your Instant Throw of his Instant Throw? Do you Instant Throw his Instant Throw of your Instant Throw of his Instant Throw? Does it ever end?

Gnes

Smash Master
If he's able to insta-throw your bananas back at you, (I'm assuming this is what is bother you) then that means he's reading you WAY to well. His shorthop is a bit slow so it's not even a reaction thing, you're just being predictable with your throws. As far as mixing it, try running at him with banana in hand, dribble back when he predicts, and punish his landing. You could also set up 2 bananas and punish landing after he catches the first. For the insta-throw thing just predict it, shield it, and then insta-throw it back after it bounces from your shield, that should be fast enough to catch him by surprise almost surely. If it hits his shield, just get that grab. Easy as that.

Also I have NO IDEA what your second sentence meant.
Snake can easily jab catch naner if your doing simple glide tossing...and nothing is safe on his shield. My best advice is to throw your throw your naners while jumping so it'll hit the top of his shield, far away from his jab's hitbox :).

If its just regular instant throwing, mdm did it pretty well...its just reacting to when he throws... and making sure u throw it a awkward angle, its not always going for the "trip"

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I find it funny that ADHD probably has the easier bracket out of anyone.
Dekar has the hardest bracket I have ever seen.

Co18, Richbrown(well, not really him.), M2K, Lain, DEHF, Tyrant(imo), Ally. O:

sai_:)

Smash Ace
What the **** is mlg doing? They just gave him a bracket like he was some bottom seed player. And this **** expensive, people are paying quite alot of money just to end up bracket ****ed. I hope everything works out. and more so i hope they can talk to nintendo and have them get their **** together. Because theres no good reason we shouldnt be able to see a live stream. Brawls not even new its been out 2 years i have no idea what nintendo is trying to do with this ****...whatever. I just hope the Diddys do as best they can.

Were all rooting for you Dekar...even tho you have like factually the worlds hardest bracket

Conti

Smash Ace
I can't even tell. On the brackets half of the peoples tags r not their actual tags

And we all know m2k has trouble vs diddy...
If dekar can take m2k... I can say I see him making top16 / 8 ... I read somewhere else that m2k was worried about playing adhd gnes dekar ect... so I'm rootin for ya dekar

Tesh

Smash Hero
How do you break Diddy Kong's peanuts and turn them into food? Is it random or does it have to be a really weak attack? I was playing a diddy with my sonic and several times my fair broke the peanuts, producing food. Sometimes the peanut was destroyed, sometimes it split into food. The fair may have been stale enough to do less than 1% per hit.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
O.o O rlly? you should start testing then, turn items OFF and every item OFF and try it with a fully stale fair

(although i seriously doubt it would work -.-)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
How do you break Diddy Kong's peanuts and turn them into food? Is it random or does it have to be a really weak attack? I was playing a diddy with my sonic and several times my fair broke the peanuts, producing food. Sometimes the peanut was destroyed, sometimes it split into food. The fair may have been stale enough to do less than 1% per hit.
Peanuts never appear if you have both all Items turned "Off" and their frequency set to "None" (the tournament standard).

Does Dekar play against any notable MKs often? I don't know what region he's from >.>

Oh, also:

AS LONG AS MLG IS GOING ON, THIS BOARD IS UNDER TEMPORARY HIATUS

so it seems.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I think chibo said that recently Dekar has been learning he mu, So I wouldn't be surprised if he beats m2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom