• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Snake Video Critique Thread!

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Good **** jband, liked it a lot. You could use c4 a lot more, though, especially on FD

Still good though. Keep it up! I want a ditto rematch, and I'm not so free anymore haha

Mike2

Smash Ace
I don't trust myself withg critiquing someone, but I just wanted to say that was a nice tech chase at the ned there. ^_^
Yea, that's the reason I don't critique. I don't feel qualified.

Here's a couple videos from this past tournament I would like some advice on.

Game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_2uWm9U5g
Game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuYQayO-Do

Completely fell apart game 2. I don't even know what happened. My head wasn't in it I guess. *shrug* So I'd like to focus on game 1 coz I can clearly see the mistakes game 2. Just a cluster****.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Yea, that's the reason I don't critique. I don't feel qualified.

Here's a couple videos from this past tournament I would like some advice on.

Game 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_2uWm9U5g
Game 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auuYQayO-Do

Completely fell apart game 2. I don't even know what happened. My head wasn't in it I guess. *shrug* So I'd like to focus on game 1 coz I can clearly see the mistakes game 2. Just a cluster****.
Hm well game 1 I saw some good things and some bad things. You seem to know when to throw out that Utilt for the kill, and everytime u throw it out it hits, which is really really good.

However, right @ the beggining of the match I noticed that you just threw a grenade. I shouldn't bash you too hard for this but if you're not sure where your opponent is gonna go just keep the grenade and then wait until its cooked to throw it instead of auto-piloting a nade toss; it leaves you open.

@ 3:18 I noticed you just ran in and got blown up by your own grenade. I felt like you were a little flustered and thats understandable after getting juggled for 80% but you are Snake and can outlive him. Don't let it get to you ;)

@3:45 when you blew your C4, it would've been a better idea to jump away and blow it up. I observed the marth was really going for the kill and pressuring you after you reached 120%, so you have to keep on your toes when you're at kill % like that.

I see room for improvement, just keep improving your nade game and don't let the pressure get to you and you'll do better. Keep it up though, I like your Snake. Work on ways to keep yourself safe when you're getting pressured.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Hello mike2, I use the tag mike4, as well as mike2, mike3, mike9 ect... And I must say, I'd like my tag back.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Good **** jband, liked it a lot. You could use c4 a lot more, though, especially on FD

Still good though. Keep it up! I want a ditto rematch, and I'm not so free anymore haha
thanks man. and im looking forward to it :)

Mike2

Smash Ace
Hm well game 1 I saw some good things and some bad things. You seem to know when to throw out that Utilt for the kill, and everytime u throw it out it hits, which is really really good.

However, right @ the beggining of the match I noticed that you just threw a grenade. I shouldn't bash you too hard for this but if you're not sure where your opponent is gonna go just keep the grenade and then wait until its cooked to throw it instead of auto-piloting a nade toss; it leaves you open.

@ 3:18 I noticed you just ran in and got blown up by your own grenade. I felt like you were a little flustered and thats understandable after getting juggled for 80% but you are Snake and can outlive him. Don't let it get to you ;)

@3:45 when you blew your C4, it would've been a better idea to jump away and blow it up. I observed the marth was really going for the kill and pressuring you after you reached 120%, so you have to keep on your toes when you're at kill % like that.

I see room for improvement, just keep improving your nade game and don't let the pressure get to you and you'll do better. Keep it up though, I like your Snake. Work on ways to keep yourself safe when you're getting pressured.
Hey thanks jbandrew! I'll work on all of this. Really appreciate the input. :)

Hello mike2, I use the tag mike4, as well as mike2, mike3, mike9 ect... And I must say, I'd like my tag back.
Lol Sorry can't do that. We also have Mike1, Mike3, and Michael5 in my area. All different people. lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
bad, as in you got beat by a player better than you, that be the best way to see what you are doing wrong.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Well i've been wanting to get some critiquing in so hopefully some friendlies with some friends of mine will be alright, but thanks for the tip. I'll try to take that into account at tournies. ^_^

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Jband, i think the 2 most importnat things you need to work on is "speed" (not literally, but you know when you see a snake controlling a stage really well or making his choices in a match sometimes your like "that snake is fast") and messing up your opponents spacing with nades. And try to punish landings as much as possible.

etecoon

Smash Hero
a lot of it only works because he keeps running at you but I think you might be the most creative snake I've seen, if I still played snake I'd be copying the **** out of that

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Somebody tell me if I was fun to watch, idc if I'm bad or not, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdLSRPafWZM
its definetely fun to watch to see how you use nades so quickly to cover options and switch over to implement ur nades with attacks. It's very uh... cool. lmao

So yea I'd say you're interesting to watch. If you're simply going for eye appeal though try implementing stickies into your game and see where it takes you from there.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
I'll have vids for critique up later this wk when my work gets lessened... =.= midterm/hell wk guys

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'd like to see your style of Snake be successful against notable opponents before I pass judgement. But Razer did show us that flashy Snakes can be successful.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd like to see your style of Snake be successful against notable opponents before I pass judgement. But Razer did show us that flashy Snakes can be successful.
Razer isn't really that flashy. He just has much cleaner [technical] execution that the other US Snakes imo.

False, I think you can become a very successful Snake if you eliminate everything out of your playstyle that doesn't make sense [read: the part that "doesn't make sense" isn't necessarily the "flashy" part ... actually I think a lot of the "flashy" things you do with grenades and C4 are highly effective] like double jump aerials when your opponent can punish it. You'll learn that by playing strong opponents ... I think if you gain that experience you could become one of the best Snakes in the US.

:059:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Thank you so much for the support guys. It's really nice to know that my fellow snakes are extremely supportive. I've had some skepticism about the validity of my method, but I'll work on it and make you guys proud at KTAR5.

More videos up soon!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Hey false, can you get some vids versing someone else? I'd like to see how you go.

Any tourney results?

Also, I've decided you remind me of hall. And he's pretty ****.
:phone:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
What's some good video recording software, because I got the device and what not, but i'm not sure what program to use for it. The one it came with sucks. T_T

Top Bottom