• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Snake Video Critique Thread!

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I should have given more details about the term:
By YT protocol I mean that (if you watch a lot of videos) you see that a lot of Snakes do the same stuff and it kinda looks like a lot of other snakes are copying these tactics from watching vids on Youtube. That's when Snake tactics/tricks,combo patterns become predictible.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
@Willmenz: watched the 1st vid, i don't like brinstar lol.
You ***** the G&W. you have more than a legit snake IMO, but ive seen better G&W's

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Match 2: you need to use more mines cause it could help restrict movement, also tech chase G&W more.
Match 3: Need to control center of stage cause brinstar is soo small. Try putting mines on the topmost platform along with C4 so that when the acid forces him to move you got him. Also nice sticky, you should've detonated it when he jumped close to blast zone so you might've gotten a kill.

overall well played snake buddy

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
SeekHeart the problem is that G&W is too much **** in Brinstar since his attacks get a ton of hit lag whenever he hits something else thats not me i do try... Its just that its really hard and also about the mines i don't wanna get Uair juggled into them... Thanks for your critique though

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
One thing I noticed is there were a rather decent amount of times you could've hit him with c4 when you didn't so you might want to keep that mroe in mind. Aside from that I thought it was rather nice.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
IMO Snake is very underrated on RC, there's alot of things he can do there, I think it would behoove you to learn to play on that stage.

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Just watched game 1, and here's what I see,
you roll waay too much, and also using C4 at wrong times.
You Need to know when not to use C4 cause a good marth can easily gimp you out of cypher.
Also camp more, don't fight head on if you have a lead. More Grenades, and tech chase.
More soon after seeing rest.
Now critique me pal :D

More critiques now

Game 2
Not much to critique since the marth was ****.. umm... remember where you put explosives? also why do you pull a 2nd nade out when you have one in your hand and then run away? Also C4... don't put it down if you low %.

Game 3
You should've camped harder since RC is one of snakes worst stages against marth.
Also be careful when recovering because when you face a decent opponent you'll get cypher grabbed often if you recover close to stage. Again remember where explosives are. Also don't go in the air too much, try to get as far as possible away from marth and throw cooked nades at him and force him to come to you.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Game 1

You roll alot to avoid nades or in general as movement try to Dash shield more it is great for controlling space, try to use more insta-throw and jumping in general to avoid them nades you get easily pressured with them.

Use Uair to momentum cancel horizontally and improve your DI, try to wait a bit more Snake needs alot of patience, also you were blindly approaching the other Snake with Ftilts and whatnot the other Snake wasn't really good to actually punish you for that try just throwing Ftilt1 and if it didn't connect don't go into Ftilt 2 try to throw them out slower in general.

Game 2

Try using more the soft nade throw also patience again when the enemy is below the edge, stop rolling so much lol.

Try using SH Dair as a punishment and in tech chase also try to shield grab more.

Critique me plox :3

Wil vs Serynder(Battlefield)

Wil vs Serynder(Brinstar)

Wil vs Serynder(Frigate Orpheon)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
il have some new tourny vids up soon :D

me vs mr r
me vs staco
me vs leon
me vs luigi player

il link them here when there up :p

SeekHeart

Smash Apprentice
Game 1

You roll alot to avoid nades or in general as movement try to Dash shield more it is great for controlling space, try to use more insta-throw and jumping in general to avoid them nades you get easily pressured with them.

Use Uair to momentum cancel horizontally and improve your DI, try to wait a bit more Snake needs alot of patience, also you were blindly approaching the other Snake with Ftilts and whatnot the other Snake wasn't really good to actually punish you for that try just throwing Ftilt1 and if it didn't connect don't go into Ftilt 2 try to throw them out slower in general.

Game 2

Try using more the soft nade throw also patience again when the enemy is below the edge, stop rolling so much lol.

Try using SH Dair as a punishment and in tech chase also try to shield grab more.

Critique me plox :3

Wil vs Serynder(Battlefield)

Wil vs Serynder(Brinstar)

Wil vs Serynder(Frigate Orpheon)

Game 1
Try to tech chase him if you get a grab, also you know this match up very well ^^
When MK dies, try to implement more mine usage to seal off spots. Not much to say here other than good job :D

Game 2
Hard to critique here except maybe play more careful and don't go in the air if you can avoid it.

Game 3
Just really good play, also try using dtilt more it could help when he's below you.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Game 1
Try to tech chase him if you get a grab, also you know this match up very well ^^
When MK dies, try to implement more mine usage to seal off spots. Not much to say here other than good job :D

Game 2
Hard to critique here except maybe play more careful and don't go in the air if you can avoid it.

Game 3
Just really good play, also try using dtilt more it could help when he's below you.
Thank you SeekHeart! I love the Snake board ^_^

Taking notes in this thread
I sense some sarcasm. Anyway, I think note taking does nothing for you in the long way. The best way seems to play the game, then work on one thing at a time until you pretty much have that one thing down fairly well. Trying to get too in-depth with the game does not do you too well. Keep it simple.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Lies, I take plenty of notes, record them in a word document so I can look at them later.

Fatal, mind sharing some of your notes? =D

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Here guys, I put all 3 games into one

Tell me what you think!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uacgQm9Ox_c
i watched most of it, so ill write a couple of things i noticed.

1. lovely c4 work. it actually made me realise how little i use the c4. gj.
2. more contact dacus, less dacus. remember that usmash doesnt hit opponents above the ground, and that dash attack is a lot more powerful, so contact dacus is almost always a better option. espc for punishing landings and getting away with it.
3. more nade work. i couldnt really see nice 'keep-out' strats with nades, or much walling/linking. i recommend staying back a little more, force an approach, then force a mistake.
4. epic spike is epic <3

So Fatal

Smash Master
I sense some sarcasm. Anyway, I think note taking does nothing for you in the long way. The best way seems to play the game, then work on one thing at a time until you pretty much have that one thing down fairly well. Trying to get too in-depth with the game does not do you too well. Keep it simple.
no im serious. I'm not legit writing things down but I just saw something I will implement into my game from Falses snake:reverse:

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
i liked the turnaround c4 while landing when u face the stage. u add the option of bairing by using this. pretty nice

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
thanks for the critique guys, but I have a big disclaimer

My breversals were extremely rusty and teching skill/DI was way off. ANY nikita you saw me pull out that game was completely by accident. I'll post some more games up this weekend.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
alright me vs mr r winner quatre finals sorry for 1st game guys i sd'd twice xD was so fail

Calzorz Vs Mr r Winner quatre finals

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYo-YT6upkg
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN67w_nQ_cs&feature=channel_video_title
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuPA93HUjk&feature=channel_video_title

3 is my favourite but enjoy!
Alright Calzorz before anything you should know that Marth's Side B is shieldgrabbable after the 3rd hit so don't get pressured by it! Your airdodges were too obvious try using Bair more.

Try to use your Ftilt slower there's no point to throw out the 2 hits instantly because then 1 spotdodge can dodge them both... Remember to aim to hit people with the dash attack of the DACUS not the upsmash cause it has terrible shieldstun that people like Marth can just drop shield and punish you.

False made a post a while ago to stop wasting your jump after dropping a C4 to detonate it, he is right, people won't get hit by it anymore.

Use more C4 i barely saw any C4s being placed.

Overally really underrated Snake. Good job Calzorz!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
haha i didnt really want a critque but thanks i just posted here for snakes to watch i know what im doing haha after all im top snake in europe xD

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
alright me vs mr r winner quatre finals sorry for 1st game guys i sd'd twice xD was so fail

Calzorz Vs Mr r Winner quatre finals

Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoYo-YT6upkg
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN67w_nQ_cs&feature=channel_video_title
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwuPA93HUjk&feature=channel_video_title

3 is my favourite but enjoy!
Awesome snake, too bad bout 1st match :p. but you indeed need to use C4 some more IMO. except for last match.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
haha i didnt really want a critque but thanks i just posted here for snakes to watch i know what im doing haha after all im top snake in europe xD

Its okay it just seemed you got pressured really easily with Marth's side b i know alot about you. After all you are the reason why i use Snake :3

Calzorz

Smash Lord

Its okay it just seemed you got pressured really easily with Marth's side b i know alot about you. After all you are the reason why i use Snake :3
ah thanks man means alot ;)

yea il post more vids when they are up few more tourny sets to come

Top Bottom